Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update on welspool court, the DJ's at this court have now decided to stay all cases pending the High Court decision,although given the proximity of my particular hearing (30/8/07),DJ Reeves has allowed it to stay on the list. WG.

just talked to the clerk at the court all cases in Scarborough are now being automatically stayed pending the test case outcome. I asked why when other courts are carrying on and she said that was the decision of our District Judge and we would here from him in due course. Not good news....

:eek:ABBEY

Data Protection Act request complied with within 40 Days and no £10 charge..

31/01/07 Prelim Letter sent with schedule of charges.

19/02/07 LBA Sent with schedule of charges

08/03/07 MCOL started

09/03/07 £160 GOGW payment into account

23/07/07 Court Date set for 10/10/07

02/08/07 CPR Part 18 Request Submitted

10/08/07 Stay requested by Abbey :mad:

20/08/07 Claim Stayed by District Judge :mad:

:eek:HSBC

02/02/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter sent

22/02/07 Statements received and again no £10 charge...."happy to provide at their cost"

26/02/07 Prelim Letter to be sent with schedule of charges.

12/03/07 LBA sent with schedule of charges

macushlamoon

"Horsham court is staying all claims.... my in-laws were due to go on the 10th their case has been stayed untill at least March... according to the court clerk :sad:"

My case has also been stayed

HSBC (£3722.80) MCOL Filed 12th June 07

transfered to Horsham County Court AQ dispensed with but fee still payable. AQ fee payed and added to claim. Case allocated to small claims track - due to be heard 30th August 07 - 2nd Nudge to DG sent (04/08/07)

Virgin Media (Complete Incompetance and refund of bank charges) - Letter to MD Customer Care - sent 24th May 2007 - resolved, refunded and 9 months free TV

British Credit Trust - VT to be started

See my post of today's date....stay lifted this morning!!

Regards

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

I was at Newport (Gwent) County Court today to file an AQ.

There is now a blanket stay in place, and the staff didn't like being told that the Master of the Rolls had not given such authority to District Judges.

Noone in the office has a clue about credit cards or other claims that are outside the remit of the test case.

They took my £100 of course!

Birmingham County Court

The claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the decision in the test case. Either party my apply at any time by application on notice in accordance with CPR23, to lift the stay. If there is no such application by 30th September 2008, the court will in any event then consider whether to make a further order.

So Birmingham are expecting it to last at least a year :evil:

pete

CAG estimated unlawful charges to total 4.5 billion pounds per year. Over 6 years this would come to 27 billion pounds. When charges are ruled in High Court as unlawful where they exceeded a certain £ value, there appears no clarity, if all reclaims would then be met by banks on itemised demand, or even if banks should organise their IT to repay the unlawful portion of ALL charges to ALL customers without the need for reclaim.

If the total reclaimable were 27 billion pounds,

if nationwide reclaims have netted say 50 million pounds (16 million pounds reported won by CAG winners),

assuming the final refund would be half or two-thirds or three-quarters of the original charge (not the 100% refunds up to now), then banks and cards can look forward to paying out over 100 times more than they have repaid to date -- a staggering sum.

With so much as stake, possibly the survival of the smaller credit cards, it would not be surprising if they appeal the High Court verdict all the way to the House of Lords, even to the EU Court if they can.

Happy are they who have already been repaid.

BEING SO CHEERFUL MUST KEEP THIS PERSON GOING...!!!..:???: REMEMBER IT'S YOUR MONEY YOU ARE CLAIMING - DON'T BE PUT OFF BY ANYONE.:cool:

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Birkenhead County Court

I had my court date on 17th August at Birkenhead. I think there were about 20 or so other people there waiting to be seen and we were all being called in one by one.

From what I can gather, all cases were being stayed by the Judge, but I was lucky - the Abbey Rep for my case hadn't turned up (although there was an Abbey Rep there, I wasn't on her list!) and so the Judge found in my favour! :D Abbey have to pay me by the 7th Sept - I'm just hoping they don't try any tricks to get out of it.

I noticed that out of all the 'Bank Charges' people waiting to be seen, I could only see one other person carrying anything that looked like a 'court bundle', most people had nothing with them, and the Judge commented on how well put together mine was (thanks to this website and Martin Lewis' for all the info needed), so I'm wondering if people are getting themselves as well prepared as they should be?

Also, it seemed that a few people hadn't turned up - you really do need to go to your court case once you get a date, you just might get lucky like me and find your 'opposition' doesn't turn up for some reason!

Good luck to everyone else!

• Haha 1

Manchester County Court (Crown Square) has said that it is staying ALL bank charges cases.

It may be best for one to call the Court and ask for Case Management Section and ask regarding whether bank charges cases are being stayed.

To the best of my knowledge A&L are not covered by the FSA waiver, but they are still staying claims against A&L.

Crown Square & Deansgate have the same Judges as far as I am aware, so I believe that claims in Deansgate will also be stayed.

They are also apparently staying claims for credit card charges and MEAF's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Spoke to Newport (Isle of Wight) this morning, NO stays in place YET, carry on till I hear otherwise!

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Tunbridge Wells County Court

Stayed my claim against HSBC on 10th August 'pending the final decision in the test case between OFT v Abbey National and others, or further order of the court'.

I am debating whether or not to apply for the stay to be lifted. I am unable to prove any hardship, although the claim is for 1,900 and rising.