mickyn

CABOT bullying my wife

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4421 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently been contacted by CABOT over an old credit card bill, the first contact was about a month ago. Cabot sent a postcard to my address headed "to the occupier", asking for anyone who knew me to contact a number provided.

Unfortunately, i have misplaced this card but i am sure i have it somewhere?

On the second occasion i received a phone call and despite their attempts at bullying me i told them i did not know or acknowledge any debt to their company. I requested that they send me a statement of my account including all payments and charges as they are requesting over three times the amount of my credit limit.

I was in the process of putting this request in writing, when i received several letters demanding payment for something i was generally unaware of, six over a seven day period.

Today, my wife received a phone call stating i gave her permission to talk about my account only two weeks ago, as far as i was concerned i gave the original card provider for my wife to discuss my account as a result of myself working in a telephone blackspot shortly after i applied for the card around 2000/2001.

My wife was told that unless i made a payment within 48hrs it would go to another department and i will have people visiting my house to take away my goods.

incidently, i received a letter dated 27-07-2007 and received 05-08-2007 offering me a discount of 30% or the option to repay over five years if i respond in the next 30 days

i had a credit limit of £200 and repaid all monies and interest and believe the figure requested is made up from late payment fees and charges.

i will pay if i owe but i will not pay the sharks who will try to push for more than their due.

any advice, much needed

mickyn

You need to find that letter addressed "to the Occupier". Depending on the content, it could be tangible evidence of a breach of the DPA.

This doesn't sound like the way Cabot operate. Have they set a DCA on you, such as Ruthbridge?

Keep ALL paperwork that arrives, and keep a diary of all calls. This lot have no power to take the action you describe, so don't worry.

Get that CCA off to them, making sure that you write I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT WHATSOEVER. Although they will write back and tell you the CCA does not apply to them, and will send your £1 back, it is important to ignore their bullsh!t as there is strong evidence that in at least some cases, rights AND duties of the oriinal lender were transferred on assignment of the account.

Also put in the letter that ALL contact will be in writing only.

I would also SAR the original creditor. Find out how this has ballooned so drastically, and claim back what you can. If Cabot have added any little "extras", tell them to feck off.

Keep posting and keep us up to date. ;)

Hi mickyn

This sounds like our little friends at ruthbridge and not cabot as seahorse has said, try and find the card you received if the cards is from EXPRESS delivery or SWIFT delivery then it's redbridge who are acting for cabot