Countrywide confusion.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mods, feel free to move this if I've put it in the wrong forum.

Here's the problem:

My current mortgage insurance is through Countrywide Assurance. Over a year ago now, I received a call from 'Countrywide' about my mortgage - a few minutes into the conversation I realised that it wasn't anything to do with my existing mortgage insurance but a company trying to get me to re-mortgage my property. I terminated that call, but they keep calling back.

What I want is my details off their database.

I know it's my own fault for talking to them initially, but that was a genuine mistake because of the similar name - I wonder how many other people fell victim to that misunderstanding as well?

I have asked for it to be removed - obviously that hasn't happened.

I have spoken to 'supervisors' who have assured me that my details will be removed - ditto.

I have asked for the number to call their head office to get my details removed - they gave me a false number (01336728762).

I have asked for an address and got "27 Regent's Park" - that's all. No 'terrace', 'road', 'crescent' and certainly no city, even though I asked for one.

I have threatened to take the matter to the authorities, even though I can't proceed on that one as I can't track these people down.

I've even been rude to them - not effective, but it made me feel better.

This is p***ing me off - does anyone here have any contact information for "Countrywide Financial" in the UK? Not "Countrywide Assurance" which is allied to the Estate Agents of the same name. I believe them to be associated with the American Countrywide Financial Corporation. Most of the staff seem to be foreign, reading from a script and unable to deal with customer queries.

Can anyone help?

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

"We do not have the caller's number" - I think they're offshore. Trust me, that was the first thing I tried.

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

Hi

There is a 27 regents park in each of the following areas according to the post office site

Ballymena (1 results)

Exeter (1 results)

Larne (1 results)

Wallsend (1 results)

I can't find a countrywide financial linked to that address according to company house webcheck.

i would put a complaint in to trading standards with the info you have because if this company is trying to sell mortgages it has to be reistered with the FSA and if not then they would be in big trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 'Countrywide Financial' which is is an American mortgage company that got into the UK market in partnership with (I believe, but I may have mis-read it) Barclays Bank, and then separated off from them, and yes, as such they should have and should give UK contact details.

Thanks for your help, midge61, very kind of you to research that for me, and I will try Trading Standards and the FSA.

Hiya - just joined today and found your note. I have been getting driven mad by these same people for the past 2-3 years

. I've tried everything that you have plus blowing a loud whistle down the phone but still it goes on. Did you manage to get it stopped in the end and if so PLEASE tell me what you did?? Thanks

Barbara

Have you tried saying "That sounds interesting" etc, can you send me the details. If they ask for a name / address, give your favourite DCA, give them a new phone number too (your favourite DCA again).

If you don't have a favourite DCA, look around the forums, you will soon adopt one that deserves it.

I like the DCA idea, 2Grumpy, but I've tried getting them to send me details in the past (and doesn't that ring every alarm bell?)and they've not been willing to put it in writing.

Disillusioned28 - I'm still working on it but as soon as I have a solution I promise to post it here in big letters!

• 2 years later...

I have just received calls from Countrywide the number is 08701604499 - the guy had a very very heavy Indian accent. I ve got no idea how they got my number.

any idea s anyone ! when i did search on google US - they are a debt collection agency with a very bad reputation

join TPS!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

telephone preference service

TPS Registration

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

tnx ida been busy

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...