• Tweets

• What about the 300 payment I paid in December to stop repossession? And never defaulted since.    Just defaults off a previous year due to injury.    Car wouldn’t of been left there if I knew. How do I find out about a bill of sale?   I wouldn’t of left it there if they hadn’t made the arrangement with me. As I knew I would have the money to pay it by 18th March.     I have my car back now but it is damaged, which I’m going to have to pull out for. 
    • You cannot expect to claim any compensation for parcels which did arrive – even though they were delayed. That sounds a bit French to me. You can only recover compensation for parcels which were sent with them and which are lost. You say that there were 20 parcels. I think you need to give us more detail. I don't think we need a list of every parcel, but we do need to know how many parcels, whether the value was correctly declared, what was the declared value, when were they sent, and if you have you raised a complaint with. Which courier actually undertook the delivery?
    • The thing is, the administration has said there will be no payment coming.   "Unfortunately, whilst we have added your unsecured claim to the list of creditors within the Administration, regrettably due to the lack of funds in the Administration, there is no prospect of a dividend being paid to unsecured creditors. This means that notwithstanding your entitlement to Redress no payment towards your unsecured claim will be made. More detailed information on the reasons for this can be found in the Customer Redress Scheme and FAQs, which can be found by clicking on the link in paragraph 2 above."   So, I will obviously continiously beeing chased by UB or the debt collectors.   It was Unclebuck who emailed today saying the transferred the agreement to them
    • I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you are referring to. Maybe you'd like to post up your particulars of claim again
    • They talk sence. So await the money. An administrator is placed in a difficult position upon how they can distribute funds they administer   so ignoring the powerless dca's , who currently owns the 2019 outstanding one? Who are 'they' ....
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

My Case Struck Out!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4926 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all. Despite a reminder by the judge and an extra 2 weeks Lloyds have failed to send in Allocation questionaire. I received letter yesterday to say the judge has Stuck it out.

I assume this means i win. What happens now and how long does it take?

Thanks Steph X

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

Steph,

yes you have indeed won, this happened to me also, lloyds failed to return there allocation questionare, i see you are from the wirral i am also and claimed at birkenhead court.

fill in the form for judgement and get it to the court asap the judge there has just given me judgement and ordered them to pay me back my £8900 forthwith (pronto)

any questions ring birkenhead court and ask for joe in case management, he is very helpfull and will tell you all you need to know in a way that you can understand it,

I think the judge there, Judge Travers knows the score and doesnt side with the banks.

i am just waiting for my money now, think i will give them a reminder call tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Well done, Steph (Princess). Sounds like good news for you.

When were the AQs due in? Did you have to do anything, or did the judge send the reminder and strike out the claim without prompting?

I’m in a similar (but not so advanced) position with a claim for a friend. The AQs were due in by 2 July. I sent mine in on time but, as of a couple of days ago, the bank still hadn’t put their AQ in. The court hadn’t done anything yet because they had a big backlog of claims.

A lady in the Court Office thought their District Judge was going to stay all bank charges claims – she didn’t know if it would make any difference that the banks AQ was already long overdue before the OFT announcement! Or, she said, he might send them an “unless” order giving them 7 days to file the AQ (and then, possibly, still stay the claim!).

Any advice - Princess, or anyone? Do I just wait for the judge, or should I be doing something pro-active?

Incidentally, when sending in my AQ I requested an “abuse of process” strike out or, alternatively, an Order for Directions – for all the good that will have been if the claim is stayed anyway!! If the claim is now stayed, the bank will have benefited unreasonably from not sending in their AQ on time.

Sorry Princess – don’t mean to hijack your thread, but yours is closest I’ve seen to my case since the OFT announcement.

Thanks all!

Cajdad i didn't hav 2 do anythin. I sent in AQ then few weeks later got a letter sayin defence had not handed their's in and that the judge was giving them an extra week. They still did not hand it in and then i got a letter sayin the judge had struck it out.

Ill go 2moro and apply for judgement. Its only for 700. not a great deal but a nice shoppin spree!!

Nice 1 Surfman! Congrats. My case is with Birkenhead aswell. I had my last 1 there against Natwest 2.

Good Luck cajdad!

Ill let you no what happens!

XX

Hollywood Next!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

• 3 weeks later...

sooo. Had a letter yesterday. copy from the courts of the letter sent to lloyds.

Saying they failed to respond and so the court orders the defendant to pay the full amount forthwith. Failure to do so could result in seisure of goods to be sold.

It doesnt give a time frame? how long do they have to pay me? has this happend to anyone?

steph x

Hollywood Next!

ring sc&m and tell them what you have received from the court, ask for fax number to fax a copy to and they will pay up. they paid me within 5 day's, fax a copy and ring daily untill the money is in your account.

forthwith means immediately,

well done. Lee,

whats sc&m and whats the number? thanks surfman!

Hollywood Next!

ok thanks guys ill fax it in the morning.

fingers crossed!

Hollywood Next!