Nasty phone call from Abbey (please help)

sandjoleary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our court case has been stayed and following a telephone call this evening from Abbey, they are now demanding our authorised overdraft to be repaid, we explained that we are waiting for the Test Case to be resolved. We opened a new account with another bank for fear of Abbey "pulling the plug on us back in June, which left an amount in an authorised overdraft, but Abbey are now insisting that we will be put on the credit reference list and that debt collectors will be involved. We informed Abbey when they telephoned that we were hoping to repay the overdraft with any monies that we may get repayed from the bank charges.

Could anyone please help?

Thanks

Steve :mad:

Hello! What stage are you at? Have you filed a court claim yet? Have you sent them a CCA request? I'm led to believe from reading other members threads that the CCA request puts your account into dispute - and therefore they are not supposed to file anything on record about you until it is resolved and sort of puts the other stuff on hold. I have still not done my N1 - but they have recently paid me a GOGW of £500ish. They rang me last week to say we had to pay 15% of the overall overdraft into the account each month to keep them from stopping it altogether - but could withdraw it the same day again. It just shows we're using it, I think.

Don't worry - someone on here will be able to help you, I'm sure. Dizzy :)

sandjo,

send them this asap

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/40840-mooshy-lloyds-tsb-3.html?highlight=Dispute#post590925

and there's another bit to put in with it.let me find it and i'll add the link:confused:

In accordance with s13.6 of the Banking Code you are not permitted to register such information when an account is in dispute.

they are alowed to remove your overdraft, but are required by their own t&c's to give 28 days notice

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi Dizzy and Charleyfarley

Thanks for your reply, it appears as though the left hand doesn't know what the other is doing at Abbey, 'cos, we are at the stage where we have filed for court proceedings including the AC & Draft Order for Inclusion and now we have to wait because of the OFT and the test case. We did send Abbey a letter to say that the account was in dispute, but we think that we will send them your letter as well. More the merrier we say!! Thanks guys.

:)