advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I came across this very helpful site a few days ago when the Halifax took £195.00 in 1 week from my account. Knowing there was a direct debit due the next day so i was then hit with another £39 charge for a bounced dd. While reading on this site i came across alot of people talking about preliminary letter template please can someone advise me were i can find this.

Thank you for your quick reply

Do i need to send a letter to my own branch first telling them of my intentions, or do i just send of one of the templates sorry for being stupid as i have never did anything like this before and don't want to make a fool of myself

There is a lot to take in, and you would be very well advised to read up before starting to make a claim. This could end in court, so you need to be fully prepared. As Vamp said, there is a step by step instructions in the FAQ - this ought to be your first port of call.

When you are aware of all the issues, come back with specific questions about your claim and we will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have read this site and reread it again the advice is great.

I just need to know if the halifax would accept copies of my statments printed from my computer as i opted for their paperless statements so i could check them online. i have counted a total of £670.00 in charges

from 15 march 2005 till the present. please could someone advise me if this is ok as i don't want to make a mess of things

many thanks in advance

shearers

Hi and welcome to the site.

You dont need to send them any statements, you need the statements to add up your charges. If you think you may have charges before March 2005 use the DPA letter in the library to get the rest. Enclose a £10 cheque andthey then have 40 days to send you your information.

Hope this clears things up for you

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Thank you for your reply but after reading though the templates (trying to gt everything together before starting anything), i noticed on the LBA letter it says

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges were do i get this from as i need to send this with my first letter

thank you again

Hi

I have gathered all the information needed to make my claim,against the halifax.

I am now ready to sent prem letter do i send it to my local branch of halifax or to the head office or do i sent a copy to both :???:

thanks in advance

shearers

hi

I posted my LBA letter and have received a response in less than a week. It states that i am responsible for have the funds in my account to cover dd(many times funds were available then halifax took money so therefore funds were not available for dd)they owe me £670.00 but have offered £149.00 as a good will gesture. Do i have to phone them to say i am not willing to accept this and want full amount back or do i just go ahead a make my court claim on wednesday

please can someone advise me

shearers

hi

I posted my LBA letter and have received a response in less than a week. It states that i am responsible for have the funds in my account to cover dd(many times funds were available then halifax took money so therefore funds were not available for dd)they owe me £670.00 but have offered £149.00 as a good will gesture. Do i have to phone them to say i am not willing to accept this and want full amount back or do i just go ahead a make my court claim on wednesday

please can someone advise me

shearers

4 threads merged - please stick to one thread!

You can reply in writing if you wish stating that you will only accept full settlement. However, you've made it clear what you want and when you want it so you can just continue and start a Court claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I have made my claim on moneyclaim against halifax ,but today i checked my account and have been charged a futher 28 pounds from halifax can i claim for this charge in my claim or do i have to go though the whole procedure with the prem letter and lba letter to claim back these further charges

advice please

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Since having makde a court claim against Halifax i received three more notications for bank charges with the dates printed on them telling me the money would be deducted form my account on a certain date, For example one dd tried to be taken earlier than the normal date therefore incuring a charge of £39 I was told by halifax that the charge would be taken from my account on 31 july and was taken today from my acount when there wasn't enough money to cover this charge therfore leaving my account in the red therefore incurring more charges

I am totally disgusted with this Halifax are playing really dirty

So now what do i do

many thanks

You will need to wait until this claim is concluded, then start from step 1 again from these additional charges. Hopefully they should pay up a bit quicker second time round.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

HI

Can someone advise me please As I live in N Ireland and issued a claim against halifax .I have recived notication from Moneyclaim online that they only deal with people with an address in England and Wales.Does anybody know how to proceed with this claim .

Many thanks

Shearers

That is correct - Moneyclaim only deal with claims for people in England and Wales - you will need to submit a claim through the courts in Northern Ireland.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks