Monument

saints12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....I requested a copy of my CCA and default letter that was placed on my credit file this was sent on the 11th June and I got a reply on the 18th June stating that they would respond by the 10th July. I then got another letter on the 9th July telling me that they were stilling looking into my complaint and would respond by the 7th Aug but I'm still waiting on a reply.

What are the time scales for such requests ?

I had a similar run of letters with these "people", the next one I had was one from CapQuest say that they had bough the debt !!!!!

WTH, oh dear "selling" a disputed debt, hmmm now that's lawful........ NOT !!!

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the crditor has commited a summary criminal offence and the matter should be refered to Trading Standards for action.

So for you we're looking at 29th June and 29th July.

Serious trouble now as they are well and truely into criminal default.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi....I don't owe any mony to them all I want is the default removed......

I think it is the Information Commissioners Office who you need to report them to, they deal with Data Protection issues and information sharing

You could write to Monument advising that you will report them under s10 of the CCA 1974

I had a similar issue with WFS - i queried it with Equifax, after 2 weeks they just removed it as WFS didn't respond - I mean they removed the 'whole entry'

So might be worth querying it with Equifax

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/107797-chancer-welcome-others.html

Link to my thread where I was advised about s10

• NatWest - Settled in full 8 weeks after LBA (without interest)
  • Capital One - LBA 27th July - Offered & paid £28 - Rejected - settled
  • Monument - LBA 18th July - Offer 19th July - Refused - settled

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

***WFS Written Off £8k 01/08/07***

Monument sent my info even tho i forgot to send payment!!! Thanx Monumnet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hiya all......Sorry I didn't update this thread earlier as I have just moved house etc.....anyway I wrote to the ICO but they couldn't help me as this was a matter for the trading standards? . I still didn't recieve anything from Monument and am now going to sent a SAR request as they didn't comply with my request or should I write to trading standards as monument have clearly commited an offence with refards to my request for a CCA?

Hey Saint,

I had a default and other information removed from my credit file, via the credit reference agency's - Equifax - Experian & Call Credit

the first 2 are a must, i wouldn't worry to much about the 3rd, they are a small company that not many use - or so i have found.

You will need to have a copy of your credit file from Equifax & Experian to make the process easier.

Equifax - you can contact them via email - advise that information is incorrect on your credit file, you will need to list the info as it appears on the credit file - they have a form you can complete, it can be frustrating, but hang in there, the good thing about Equifax is, if the company doesn't respond within so many days, they remove the information until such a time as the company does respond. (They removed WFS info, and it hasn't reappeared as yet).

Experian are more awkward - they will not change anything unless instructed to do so by the ICO or the company who gave them the info. They do allow you to call them and discuss the issues, I had a very helpful person, they actually rang WFS and got them to agree the information change after I emailed copies of letters across to Experian.

I managed to get the WFS default removed - shouldn't have been there as they had settled the debt, as well as poor payment history for the time the debt was in dispute, they had put 4 missed payments then a default, now back to settled in Dec with 1 missed payment last Oct - so it can be done, BUT, it was not easy, I had to keep on at WFS and had to speak to Experian at least 5 or 6 times or not more!!!

I also had a default removed from 3G - i just asked them for paperwork to support the default, hey presto, removed!!

I have not had the experience of Call Credit as they did not hold that much info about, well, not detrimental anyway.

I hope that's been of some help

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

Hiya I did write to both credit agencies but Monument told them that the information was correct.....end of story. My argument is that they can't or won't provide me with a copy of the alleged default and my CCA. They have clearly have commited an offence under the CCA in which they must provide a copy of my CCA within 40 days is this correct or not ?

I believe that is correct - I am also led to believe that Trading Standards and the FOS are who you should report the 40 day breach too - but you will need proof that you posted it and they signed for it, as well as the letter you sent requesting your CCA.

There is a thread on this site with all the time limitations on for a cca request.

Did they ever acknowledge your CCA request?

I would query it again with CRA's (credit reference agencies) advising that they have not sent the paperwork to you, explain in as much detail as to why the information is incorrect, you can ask for a statement to be put upon your file to explain anything you do not agree with, again there is a thread on this site about defaults and the way they should be handled properly, if they have not followed this procedure, then the default shouldn't stand.

One thing to take into consideration - none of these companies and or organisations work fast, I had to battle for over 3 months, almost contacting them daily to remind them I was there and not going away until they sorted it.

Yes I have a couple of letter stating that they would need more time but all letter were within the 40 day period. The last letter I got said they would have a full response before aug 16th and thatb was the deadline ...still waiting