Advice on Halifax Customer Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please excuse any errors! I have been experiencing problems with Halifax PLC for a number of years although the last 3 have been the worst. Originally I had a bank, savings and mortgage account with them. Having had them mess up so many times, incorrectly taking monies, losing documentation, putting me on the wrong mortgage product, incorrectly setting up my direct debit with my new bank and so on and so forth, I moved my bank account but alas I'm tied into my mortgage with an early repayment clause. Time after time they say we pride ourselves on our Customer Service even the letter I had today in response to my complaint to the CEO said this, they also said they'd included a pre-paid envelope so that I could agree to £50 as a goodwill gesture, yet the pre-paid envelope was not included. For every financial error they have corrected it - eventually, however I am insensed by their total arrogance, insulting "goodwill" gestures, and non ability to have the good grace to allow me to move my mortgage elsewhere without penalty. I have given them until end of today to reply to me or have told them I will be taking this further. I have spoken to and will be complaining to the Financial Ombudsman, however I feel that I want to publise their total ineptitude and find out if others have had experienced similar problems and whether they have managed to resolve issues. So if anybody has any suggestions, advice or even just moral support I'd be really greatful. Thank you.

All sounds very familiar, not including the illegal charges they have mounted on our current account.

They have (in no particular order)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Placed me on the wrong mortgage product

Failed 3 times to correct this (meant I was on 4 different products in my first 3 months of the mortgage

Lied to me over the phone when I have contacted them to make arrangements (which resulted in bank charges) on several occasions

Bah........ the list is endless.......Once I have managed to sort my bank charges with them, I will move my mortgage away from them,they are useless.

Sorry to hear you've had similar problems, but at least it just confirms our thoughts about them!

They put my mortgage on the wrong product twice and took £2800 from me in error as well as paying over £3000 to the wrong people, amongst other things.

I don't know if it is of any use to you but the CEO is curently Mr Andy Hornby and the direct line to the CEO office is 01422 326547, the fax number is 01422 326688. (I do also have an email address for somebody in that office). I hope you manage to get somewhere with them, good luck.

I will keep this thread posted with updates.

We should start a club, check out my Halifax threads, they don't know the meaning of the phrase "Customer Service", they are ruled by an enormous computer in Halifax and run by fictious people who don't actually exist ....... the company motto for all the plebs and sheep enslaved to their "god" Howard is "computer says no".

You are among friends here, I have written to Mr Hornby who does surround himself with human beings (I know because I spoke to one of them once !!) and that is the only way you can get anything done, as for the rest of the robots forget it !!

• Haha 1