• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dipply,

Quick one - any reason as to why I cannot dispute my account with welcome over the PPI issue (mis-selling at the mo ;)) as the amount they will owe me backis significantly higher that what I owe them now. And with the other stuff I am going to prove - I don't wanna through money at them when basically when I've finished the agreement is gonna be unenforcable??

No reason whatsoever, that is exactly what I've done with my OH's for the same reason...the amount they owe him is way more that outstanding....that and the fact they haven't bothered to deal with the complaint properly...so had no choice but to stop paying them.

Didn't cause us major problems :wink:

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No reason whatsoever, that is exactly what I've done with my OH's for the same reason...the amount they owe him is way more that outstanding....that and the fact they haven't bothered to deal with the complaint properly...so had no choice but to stop paying them.

Didn't cause us major problems :wink:

cool another letter getting sent today then saying the account is still in dispute pending court action.

Funny though did you see the response I got from Welcome re acceptance fee yesterday - whilst they told Sammy to restart her payments they haven't told me to do that....

Have a look and tell me what you thought to the response - have they been reading your posts - opps I mean mind lmao

Just had Welcome at the door.

I thought Glous87 said they are not allowed to visit the house twice in a month.... this is twice in just over a week....

I hope you told them you were calling the police to report you have just shot a burglar :D

Just had Welcome at the door.

I thought Glous87 said they are not allowed to visit the house twice in a month.... this is twice in just over a week....

What did they want? and did they give you a nice piece of paper worth £25??

I hope you didnt entertain any of the scare tactics they use. I think you need to send of the doorstep visit letter.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

read up stewie - apparenlty they're demanding payment back from over paid holidays and threatening to pass to DCA unless she pays by cheque - won't accept any other payment...hmmm not the Welcome I know that would take payment in pennies out of you penny jar if they had to.

:confused:

I go away for an hour and 3 pages whizz past!! I got lazy. I am sorry Andie :p

I have only written stuff proving bullying and threats but nothing for manipulation in work - I just have names and dates of incidents at home

Oh ok not quite what youled us to believe yesterday - ok thanks anyway

says it all me thinks

I asked him to converse by letter only...

He said he sent a letter

I explained sending a letter to phone and talk is not conversing via letter...

Any questions about the loan etc... put it in a letter...... easy for some to understand....

Ok who wants a job???

Description

Due to our company success we are currently looking to recruit a Collection Account Manager at our Local Collections Unit in Belfast for Welcome Financial Services. The role of Collections Account Manager is varied and involves a high level of customer contact. To succeed you must be able to demonstrate the following: * A natural flair for collections, * Ability to deliver to targets, * Problem solving skills, * Excellent communications and customer service skills, * Ability to prioritise your workload and effectively manage your time, * Team working skills. The role is varied and involves a high level of customer contact, responsibilities include: to manage existing and potential customers within designated post code area(s) and to exceed business targets. To identify potential bad debt, implement appropriate bad debt management techniques and maximise bad debt recovery. To deal with customers, manage existing customer accounts on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying problems and implementing solutions. Ideally the candidate would have previous collections and field call exposure. As an "Investor in People", we value individual and team performance very highly. With our support and training you will have the opportunity to develop your career with us. On joining Welcome Financial Services you would participate in a training programme, which includes development days and ongoing skills training. In return we would offer you a career development programme and excellent prospects. Not only do we offer an attractive annual salary of £15,000 - £17,000 but we also offer the potential to earn a maximum of 44% bonus per annum. You will also be entitled to 25 days holiday, join the pension scheme, share save scheme and share incentive plan. If you have the right to work in the UK, hold a full UK Driving Licence and the use of your own car, why not apply online below today and see how high you can go.

What did they want? and did they give you a nice piece of paper worth £25??

I hope you didnt entertain any of the scare tactics they use. I think you need to send of the doorstep visit letter.

Stewie

He did not leave a letter, I think he is trying to catch the wife on her own 9god help him she is more peeved than me with them LOL)

Hi all : I am getting really frustrated now :( I have not had a call back from direct group manager as promised so I have tried to contact NU - I got 3 different numbers to try no-one knew of policy.Then I got given Halifax personal loans number?????Phoned the switchboard back and she said we have a number here for contacting which is for general enquiries. I asked if this number was NU and she said she didn't know just that it was a number for other than claims enquires regarding welcome finance.Guess What???? The number was for welcome finanace -This is just so annoying all I wan't to know is who is underwriting my policy and who gets my money NU must have details if they do.

cool another letter getting sent today then saying the account is still in dispute pending court action.

Funny though did you see the response I got from Welcome re acceptance fee yesterday - whilst they told Sammy to restart her payments they haven't told me to do that....

Have a look and tell me what you thought to the response - have they been reading your posts - opps I mean mind lmao

Does that mean I am finally interesting :lol:

Still something bugging me about all that...but leave that with me for now. Doing my CCA 101 still! Am kinda like a dog with a bone with something until I am satisfied :p

Not telling you to restart payments says to me, in their mind they are the start of a 'discussion' with you on this, no the end of one?

Cannot remember if you have already but have you complained to the head honcho at NU?

I think a complaint to the FSA from everyone that have not had the obligations of that Insurance Info (what did you cal it Mojo?) fulfilled....and maybe lots of angry letters to said head honcho ot NU too

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Ok who wants a job???

Description

Due to our company success we are currently looking to recruit a Collection Account Manager at our Local Collections Unit in Belfast for Welcome Financial Services. The role of Collections Account Manager is varied and involves a high level of customer contact. To succeed you must be able to demonstrate the following: * A natural flair for collections, * Ability to deliver to targets, * Problem solving skills, * Excellent communications and customer service skills, * Ability to prioritise your workload and effectively manage your time, * Team working skills. The role is varied and involves a high level of customer contact, responsibilities include: to manage existing and potential customers within designated post code area(s) and to exceed business targets. To identify potential bad debt, implement appropriate bad debt management techniques and maximise bad debt recovery. To deal with customers, manage existing customer accounts on an ongoing basis, proactively identifying problems and implementing solutions. Ideally the candidate would have previous collections and field call exposure. As an "Investor in People", we value individual and team performance very highly. With our support and training you will have the opportunity to develop your career with us. On joining Welcome Financial Services you would participate in a training programme, which includes development days and ongoing skills training. In return we would offer you a career development programme and excellent prospects. Not only do we offer an attractive annual salary of £15,000 - £17,000 but we also offer the potential to earn a maximum of 44% bonus per annum. You will also be entitled to 25 days holiday, join the pension scheme, share save scheme and share incentive plan. If you have the right to work in the UK, hold a full UK Driving Licence and the use of your own car, why not apply online below today and see how high you can go.

hmmm 44% annual bonus and uet we justheard about is was 24% a quarter

Ok who wants a job???

Description

Hey Stewie

Thats the job for me I live in NI and hold a full uk DL!!!! Do you reckon they'd write our debt off................

it was 24% a month ago - i have no idea where 44% has come from - i do know that you cannot join pension unless been there for x amount of years, unable to use managers car/get company car unless 21+

That advertisment is wrong and completely misleading

Gloucs87 how does your email work is it your name @ wfs.co.uk ?? with a full stop between the first and second name ?? I would like to be able to email but I think trying to get it to the right address would be like getting blood from a stone.

Does that mean I am finally interesting :lol:

Still something bugging me about all that...but leave that with me for now. Doing my CCA 101 still! Am kinda like a dog with a bone with something until I am satisfied :p

Not telling you to restart payments says to me, in their mind they are the start of a 'discussion' with you on this, no the end of one?

Cannot remember if you have already but have you complained to the head honcho at NU?

I think a complaint to the FSA from everyone that have not had the obligations of that Insurance Info (what did you cal it Mojo?) fulfilled....and maybe lots of angry letters to said head honcho ot NU too

After Mr P Sent me a letter telling me that they didn't charge interest on the acceptance fee and write back proving it, I had a response from my Calculations yesterday telling me they do charge interest on the acceptance fee, but there was nothing to tell me to carry on with my payments :eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks