tightbum

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2807 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well after 10 weeks since my last attempt at communication with WF, I finally heard from them....

My first annual "we're obliged to give you" statement. I've not heard anything from them with regards to wanting any monies from me or a default notice, though I think this statement is an early warning I'll be hearing more from them shortly.

Interesting fact to point out: there is only 1 charge of £20 for a failed DD on the statement. They have only received 4 monthly instalments for July Aug Sept and Oct 2009, followed by 9 weekly payments of £2 from Jan through April 2010.

Compared to some of the stories on here, this is a bit strange.

I'll update my own thread when something worthwhile happens.

Has anyone tried to re-claim the charges Welcome impose on accounts such as the £10 for a phone call and the £20 for a letter or missed direct debit?

I have a few and wondered if they are allowed to charge these.....Hmmm I am kind of looking for reasons to pick more of a fight with these guys.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

??

not been reading much then...

yes you can everyone + 8% int!!

go get 'em!!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

??

not been reading much then...

yes you can everyone + 8% int!!

go get 'em!!

dx

Affraid I have not been reading enough :(

Do we have a sticky for this? Im trying to find threads where people have got this money back.

I got a call from Welcome the other day just confirming contact details, at the end of the chat he read of his script about the charges they levy on missed payments and phone calls. Suddenly I had a lightbulb moment.

Why would they be reminding people of this, Welcome do nothing without a reason.

So im hunting for threads regarding charges from suppliers, doesnt have to be Welcome, but would be good.

Stewie

Has anyone tried to re-claim the charges Welcome impose on accounts such as the £10 for a phone call and the £20 for a letter or missed direct debit?

I have a few and wondered if they are allowed to charge these.....Hmmm I am kind of looking for reasons to pick more of a fight with these guys.

Stewie

I had all mine returned to the account but you can claim them + 8%

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Time for a rant, I feel, bit off topic but I am sure you will understand.

Over the last two week's I have received letters from Allied International Credit(UK)Ltd and Rockwell Debt Collection Agency relating to debts that are "Time Expired".

Of course, I ignore them (and in the past they go away and give up ) but then I get a phone call from Rockwell and put the phone down once they told me who they were.

I have now instructed my Phone Company to change my number.

It's time that Government legislated against these parasitic companies from contacting people after the debt is no longer valid.

The type of individuals who run and work for these firms should get proper jobs and not harrass individuals who have hit hard times.

So Debt Collection Agencies are at the top of my list of most hated organisations and people.

Have a great days folks and thank heavens for this forum ....:D

Voda

A debt would become expired after 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980.

The Limitations Act 1980 outlines the time limit within which a creditor can chase a debtor for outstanding debts. The Limitations Act 1980 only applies when no contact has been made between the creditor and debtor within the given time limit and only applies to residents of England and Wales.

Creditors are given a fixed period of time to chase their debtors, which is outlined in the Limitations Act 1980. The time scale mainly depends on the type of debt and can be extended at the courts discretion. The time limit begins when you last admitted owing the money or made a payment.

Should the creditor fail to maintain contact with the debtor, for a period of 6 years or more, it is possible to claim that the outstanding debt is "Statute Barred" under the conditions of the Limitations Act 1980

Some info on Rockwell:

Name: Rockwell Debt Collection

Also Known As: Rockwell Southend on Sea, Rockwell Debt Dollectors, Rockwell Debt Agency Ltd.

Address: PO Box 66, Southend on Sea, SS1 2GX

Telephone: 0870 6060807 (but you shouldn't phone them)

Fax: Not known

Email: Not known

Extra Data: Apparently they are part of Tessera (q.v.)

rockwell.jpg

Rockwell and the Truth About Your Debt

rockwell-debt.jpg

Rockwell Debt Collectors Limited is a debt collecting agency that has bought the debt from the original lender (or in some cases another debt collecting agency) for a small percentage of the original value of the account and is brazenly attempting to get the full sum of the original from you.

Rockwell Debt Collectors Ltd will use all sorts of nasty methods to extort money out of you in order to profit from you. You may already have experienced bad and terrifying experiences of them. They may phone you at strange times when they know it is inconvenient for you and on an unacceptably numerous number of occasions. They may send you official-appearing sternly drafted letters or cards threatening to send people round and collect the money in full or that they will take you to court for the full amount. Other strategies may include saying that they will make a charging order on your home or in some way bring about your homelessness or destitution.

4th.jpg

So ask Rockwell for a copy of the original contract when you took out your loan or credit card.

Even better, start an unenforceable credit agreement application enquiry. It costs nothing to do this and you are protected by the consumer credit laws.

Edited by Voda
Spelling mistake

how much of a percentage of your final debt did you pay as a settlement? cheers.

Hi

If this is directed towards me I paid them zero as a settlement.......it's more down to what they paid me :D

in the last 3weeks ive heard nothing from the welcome monkeys, which is very odd as before this time they phoned everyday the mobile and work....im getting worried?! :D does anyone know whats happening, my branch is the monkey house at edinburgh zoo?

This is the Nooooooooooz!

TLG are taking on closed branch debts. Possibly being groomed to be the owners of long term debts once WFS winds up.

Compliance may be offering all customers PPI refunds unsolicited very soon, just to annoy the cold calling leech agencies and avoid further FOS fines....and no, nobody is especially bothered about picking up the phone on the PPI team...get to the back of the queue.

Bigwigs still claim that full wind up is still around 18 months off. The just-around-the-corner winding up view expressed on this forum is nothing but wishful thinking...yes the new FD wound up Yes Loans, but RBS still wants that cash rolling in.

I no longer care because I've left. Lolololol. Escape from Jeremy Kyle customer account managment hell! Woo!

Oh Dear they won't pick up the phone & just when I'm about to issue proceedings Ah well "once more unto the breach dear friend"

Edited by JonCris

Just a reminder - PPI may have been mis-sold ('may' means 'almost certainly' :rolleyes:) and should be repaid. However, I am also fully convinced that the PPI and any other insurance is also subject to hidden commissions which potentially makes the whole agreement void.

If you have PPI or other insurances, write and ask Welcome for the underwriting sheet or other documents concerning commissions. If they don't send them, then you should consider making an application to the courts under PR 31.16 for them.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Just a reminder - PPI may have been mis-sold ('may' means 'almost certainly' :rolleyes:) and should be repaid. However, I am also fully convinced that the PPI and any other insurance is also subject to hidden commissions which potentially makes the whole agreement void.

If you have PPI or other insurances, write and ask Welcome for the underwriting sheet or other documents concerning commissions. If they don't send them, then you should consider making an application to the courts under PR 31.16 for them.

so what would happen if your loan was paid up and you found secret commissions had been paid?

Hi All,

I fired off a letter last week, 17th June to be exact.

I want the charges applied to my loan for rubbish phone calls and worthless letters returned to me.

Looking at my statement I have been charged approx £130 to date. Excluding "capitalisation" or what ever they call it. I want that money returned to me.

I am almost certain they charge for phone calls confirming contact details etc. I dont have any arrears on the account currently.

Anyhow, to the point....I got a letter back this morning already! I couldnt believe it. This cant be the Welcome Finance I know and hate so much!

They refuse to refund me the costs of the calls and the letters, claiming I agreed to these fees when signing my loan agreement and they are well within rights to charge me administrative costs for missing payments or reminders that could result in the cancellation of the Direct debit.

Looking over my agreement, there is a section with the charges listed. So do I have an argument? Or should I leave this one be? Anyone else have any luck with this? I didnt use any template letter. I just winged it.

I know Andie got hers back as part of settlement, sneeky thing!

I dont think this is a standard template letter they send out either. Looks like a real signiture.

Stewie

utter bull

get em back and dont forget the int from the date of the charge to the date of your claim. for EACH one

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Ok I've been searching the CCA register for about an hour now and cant find welcome on there or any reference to them , does anyone know if they've had their licence suspended/revoked

They still have a license - 0020708 (You have to put the exact name in or use a wild card - pretty useless search facility IMHO :rolleyes:)

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

oh yeah got it , just looking into the share situation , I know a few companies who had their licences suspended when their share were put on hold.

trust me! I know WELCOME FINANCE is just trying to make money out of people who get scared that's all they cannot go legal.

you can't get a CCJ OR CHARGING ORDER OR BANKRUPTCY! just empty threats

there is no welcome finance. its just Lewis Group acting as Welcome Finance trust me.

There is a welcome finance because it is registered at companies house

Steven

My Wins

its not! its just registered its not trading from there you can ring 01274 853 890 and you can get CL Finance, Lewis Group, Howard Cohen, Welcome finance on this number ring them they are open till 8. same people. there is no welcome finance

ask them who they are? what company i bet they will struggle to tell you they pretend to be many companies

Have you got a reference for this?
Anyway, coming back to my previous post...

Steven

My Wins

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2807 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you