Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3307 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

as ive said i don't or haven't worked in lending so im not sure what they say to customers, all i know is HP agreements have to be signed at a branch

sorry welcome staff for bombarding you here, but some interesting points have arisen....

you are saying that ALL HP agreements are to be signed in branch????? only i purchased car from Carcraft and the lender they found me was welcome and i never once went into welcome branch to sign, i did it all in car showroom....

said agreement is now actually settled, my car was wrote off and the insurance paid the outstanding finance and also the GAP insurance payment, i did have 3 months arrears and when i kicked up a fuss over outstanding balance welcome were saying i owed they immediately offered me an extremely good settlement figure of less than half the 3 months i knew i owed.......

I found this very strange coming from welcome and obviously i bit there hand off and paid up, just wondering now whether they knew they were in wrong and so this explains the generous settlement figure?????

Not going to pursue this matter at all, really i am just interested as you NEVER ever hear of welcome being so customer friendly and i actually thought maybe they had made a mistake in my favour???

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dantripled

its true what welcome say

they can send out to you a reconstructed copy to comply with the cca

BUT TO ENFORCE, THEY NEED THE ORIGINAL

NO CCA

NO DEBT

smoke screen and mirrors my friend

thanks for that quick response post, i know your extremely busy but when you get a min can you take a look at my thread and tell me what you think with regards the legal charge etc.... do you have any ideas what i should do???? thanks ever so much

also just a quickie.....

can anyone tell me how to check for guests??????

would be very interested to find out who's watching ha ha

scroll downto the bottom of thread you are reading and it will say how many caggers are reading and how many guests:)

just under the reply box

mine basically said please find reconstituted CCA, like i said above it had NO signatures from myself or welcome staff and it also had my married name on there, when i clearly took the loan out in 2005 and wasn't married then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandandan, that makes it is a fabrication then, not a reconstruction! Take a look at this post about reconstructed agreements http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/216127-halifax-credit-card-ongoing-2.html#post2421355.

Also, see this post about having a legal charge removed http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/220445-welscum-respond-letter-any.html#post2549552.

In summary, as postggj has said, a reconstruction is permitted as a response to a CCA1974 s.77-79 request, however without the original agreement enforcement is not really possible.

Just been reading the last few replies re needing the original document to enforce, just wondering how widespread it is with Welcome not having the originals? As I believe Welcome don't have my original agreement, a copy maybe, but certainly not the original. Now, considering I'm fairly deep in arrears with them, been over a year since I made a payment, I would have thought any other company with a customer in such arrears would be doing their best to get their money back, yet Welcome seem very reluctant to take any action against me. I've had uplift notices, default notices etc, but no sign of any court papers. Strange.....

welcomestaff - I notice in one of your early posts that there is a minimum of 35% discount to be had for those that are in a position to pay off their agreements; Does this only apply to agreements that have been passed to Collections?

My reason for asking is that I have a fully up to date account, that has 18 months left to run - if I could get a decent settlement deal, I might be in a position to pay the lot of in January.

hi i'm new to all this so bear with me. I took a loan out with welcome for £2000, i payed off £1900 then i topped my loan up £1000. i've missed the last 10 payment due to redundancy and welcome now say i owe them £5700 and its rising £200 a month. Even if a payed them £210 a month back as per my original agreement, only £15 will get knocked off the loan due to there interest. What should i do?? I've told them to take me to court to stop the interest but they wont.. Why?? Any advise will be great!!

we also had one of those letters at the beginning of the year they are allowed to do this i believe just to ensure you are still in possession and not sold it ours was closely followed by a letter from the recovery dept who then said one more missed payment and they would be going for repossession which is when we redid the contract to lower the payments and they screwed us big time! be careful of them offering to lower payments!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i received one of those or something similar about 4 months ago when I started challenging stuff, took it to my solicitor who said it was garbage.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

hi post, if your around can i get a aeo set aside on the basis that i never recieved any of the original documents so couldnt go to court to defend it, im currently on long term sick and worry now that shud i get another job im gonna be screwed paying this aoe, thank for you help

Hello all

I been reading lots of the pages here about Welcome, I took out a loan for £3200 in August 07, payable over 36 months@ £131.60. I took no PPI as I'm self employed, and have been making payments to date. I was looking at getting another loan when I started to read here.

I'm confused because most of the posts are either from people who have fallen behind with payments, got PPI or secured agreements on there house. My question is, is my credit agreement proper, if not what is my next course of action, do I continue to make payments, I've got 9 more to make.

Whats likely to happen next, would I be entitled to any money back, could I stop making payments.

Any help be appreciated, and sorry if this isnt in the right place.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3307 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you