Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd give a warm welcome to Welcomestaff, takes guts and integrity to post on CAG when you're initially considered as 'the enemy'. Goes to show that not everyone who works with these companies revels in what they do.

However, we need to advocate caution as I'm sure Welcomestaff will appreciate as Cag has seen other similar posts in the past.

However, always keen to see the best in people it does appear to be sound and well intentioned advice and I would say thank you for your post and decision to get involved Welcomestaff :).

JonCris wrote:

'Guts' I grant you, integrity er no People with 'integrity' don't work for companies such as these

JonCris I do see your point but think it important to remember that not everyone is as aware of what typical DCA's and finance companies like welcome are like when they go to work there. It doesn't automatically make you a person devoid of integrity.

A great deal of very valuable information has come from people who simply take a job in order to keep the wolves from the door and find themselves involved in practices they become uncomfortable with.

Assuming Welcomestaff is on the level (which is pretty easy to determine as you can't pull the wool over the eyes of most Caggers :wink:) they have the potential to offer a great deal to us and personally I'm grateful for their efforts to stick their head above the wall even though I have no dealings with Welcome and stand to gain nothing from it directly.

Just my opinion and I of course respect yours equally but keen to recognise a positive effort when its made. If Caggers go on the attack whenever a whistle blower makes a stand we'll all lose out and potentially lose a valuable source of info. :D

NO problem but I know for a FACT that at least on one important issue we have been misled whether because the poster genuinely believes their responses or not I don't know I just know its happened

Namely Welcome DO repo houses & to blame the other secured lender is nonsense as obviously the mortgage co being the largest & 1st charge holder they become involved often reluctantly because they want paying from the sale

i am not coming on here to defend my job at the end of the day i have a mortgage to pay like most of us on here and i have to do what i have to do. i make sure for the 160 accounts that i deal with and the customers i speak to i treat them with respect and listen to there problems an i don't put pressure on them. i know other employees do not abide by this but i do. in regards to the repossession of houses i have never known welcome to take someones house off them and you early comment indicates that the lady was evicted Christmas eve but did not have a welcome finance account, how can a judge in a court of law grant repossessions of a property to welcome finance when the lady didn't even have an account with welcome, it makes no sense and if there was fraud involved in this then the court would have investigates it before repossession as the police would have got involved as we notify them if there is any potential fraud accounts . i have not come on here to argue with people but to express that im here to help if any one wants it, if not i will keep quite.

for anyone who is interested the director today has sent out another internal email advising hat employees need to adhere to treating customer fairly so clearly he realizes there is problem with the way welcome treat there customers. maybe any complaints should be addressed to him direct in future, i will post his name when i am back at work Monday as im unsure of the spelling of the last name, im sure he would be interested to hear what welcome employees are doing to customers.

i would like to say thank you to the supportive messages welcoming me on here

when a loan agreement is signed or any paper correspondence is received we send it to a data image processing company so they are scanned and put on the computer, we access these files buy an internet site but sometime loan agreements are not on the system, we are unsure where they go but they are not found. i think the imaging company destroy the documents once they are scanned so if they are not on the system then i don't think they will be found again. i think the problem lies when the branch do not send the documents for scanning which we have to do on a monthly basis, then they are found months down the line and then put in confidential waste and not scanned to the system

evening all

as you are aware ive been on the sick as they say and now back and ill get to your thread as quickly as poss

i see we have a welcome guest

before i get started may i ask in what area of welcome or cattles do you work in

well we all know welcome monitor this site

well notingham and a mr p does

now some questions for which this is not directed at you but welcome

why do welcome do a repo on peoples cars with no regard for the law or with out a court order

they just turn up and send the repo agents round

or when people fall behind on a personal loan do they say we will take the car

customers roughly need to have missed 5 payments before we can repossess the car, if the car is protected ( you have paid over a third for the goods ) then you need a court order to repossess, if u have a personal loan or a CST then welcome cannot take a car

well we all know that acording to the cca 1974

ive delt with three illegal repos for which welcome had to return all payments and replace the car

people tell us all the time on the illegal threats about taking the car for falling behind on a personal loan

and you work in collections

WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT WELCOME ELITE BROKERS

normally if people have two accounts with welcome a personal loan and a hp and they are maintain the hp but not the PL then i have heard people say the car is at risk because the accounts are linked which is a load of crap, i know welcome have taken cars when they are protected, i just hope the customer figures it out so they can get there money back. im not sure what welcome elite brokers are

Well A Bit Of Truth At Last

Well I Do This Slowly

Why Is Ppi/break Down Insurance, Nuclear Fall Out Etc Which Is Worthless Added To The Agreements And Put In Front Of The Customer To Sign When Never Asked For

This Inflates The Agreement And Most Customers Do Not Realise This

Why Are Customers Never Told That These Are Front Loaded

Even The Agreements Are Like A Mortgage In Repayment Terms

98 % OF ALL PPI CLAIMS SENT TO THE FOS ARE UPHELD AGAINST WELCOME

Sussed them out again eh post? I had a feeling welcomestaff might be alright and did want to help.

Let`s see what they have to say next. They are also leaving messages on my thread and do seem to be quite genuine?

Cheers, MARK

11 CAGGERS and just 1 guest!!! WOW!!!

im not sure, i have not worked in lending so not sure why these are added on, i have heard alot of customer say that they needed to have payment protection to get the loan. i think the branches where targeted on how many insurance units where sold when loans where being given but this is not my area so im not 100%. mis selling of the insurance has certainly gone on in welcome, the agreement forms i dont think are clear enough for people to see what they are signing for

Welcome Agreements Are Designed Not To Be Understood

Its Taken Me Two Years

As You Are In Collections, Ill Take Your Word On That So Ill Direct My Questions To Collections

Why Do Your Staff Bully People By Constently Phoning Them At Work When Its Against The Harrasment Act, Even After A Request Has Been Made As Peoples Jobs Are At Stake

Same Goes To Constant Phone Calls When Every Thing In Writing Has Been Requested

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you