• Tweets

• I will revert back if i get paid the £321.00 
    • so from august 2019 till june 2020, when harvey's went bang, you did nothing to chase this up? then you wrote your first letter to creation, the finance company?   sorry i must say this story is getting mighty confusing..for want of a different word.    so how did this ultimately end in benson's getting involved?
    • I called the hermes help desk to see if they had done anymore to locate my rather large parcel, this was after submitting the online claim form. He told me they there was no chance of it being found.   I asked  if i am covered, he spoke to the claims department and came back and confirmed it was covered including the shipping cost of £21.00 so £321 would be paid back.    Nothing formal from the claim team in writing so far.        
    • It was The repair team that do work for Harvey’s. They had to come out three times in the space of four months. After the last visit in august 2019 Harvey’s contacted us to say they would replace the sofas
    • If you can spend some time reading around the threads here as I've already suggested, you will understand what we have to say about the so-called insurance cover and how it is unfair and unenforceable. Please familiarise yourself with this. Have they actually agreed to pay out on the insured value? Not only should you have the value of your lost items that you should also have the cost of the delivery as well as the insurance back. They don't care about losing a lot of business. They've got a huge amount of business and although they are the most complained about courier company in the country, I expect that 98% of their deliveries are successful. Of course when you talk about the remaining 2% of millions – it still ends up with a lot of loss parcels. The really disgusting thing is how Hermes then deny liability and try to force people to accept their losses. Most people give up but people who come here normally get their money back – but in your case afraid it does depend on the correct declared value
  • Our picks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3312 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another example of Welscum cherry picking and trying to pull the wool over your eyes. They are bound by Consumer Credit Act 1974 and amendments when they feel the need. So they are BOUND by them at all times.

F**k `EM that`s what I say! F**K `EM! What do you all say???

Cheers, MARK

edwi69

this is more wf bull. nothing to do with banking, its all to do with the cnsumer credit act. Im sure I have seen a reference to this somewhere in cca1974, cant put my finger on it right now. it takes time but check through the act.

Hi Bankbandit,

I believe it would be considered as contrary to CCA 74. Based on that being correct you'd have every right to place the account in dispute. Can't access my CCA copy right now to go over the regulation concerned but from memory I do believe they've done a naughty :)

Hello edwi and good evening. I sent the telephone harassment letter to compliance and telephoned my local branch and told them that the account is in dispute and I will only deal with compliance from now on. I told them not to telephone me or visit my home. I also told them that I will not make anymore payments towards the account until compliance sort out my account...I know it is hard but try notto let the local branch bully you and stand firm. It is not a crime to have financial difficulties and these bully boys will try anything they can to cover the awful tricks they pull...I know it is easier said than done but try and be strong with them !!!

Good news edwi, keep your spirits up. I was all doom until I followed advice on here and realised what a mug Welcome had made of me and then I became angry and determined. They will not fob me off again until they sort my account the legal way and I have been ripped off for too long.

I have a case against these with the ombudsman for mis-selling insrance products

Problem is, this could take forever and all the time I am still paying for worthless insurance.

Should I just deduct this amonut from the total monthly amount?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

can anyone confirm that the OFT are actually investigaing their complaint and also has anyone had the situatione where FOS are not allowed by WF to investigate CCA's of 2003 vintage. The OFT said they dont handle individual cases but if we know of several complaints then they will investigate. The FOS has been refused cooperation by WF on the grounds that WF were not at that time regulated by the FSA. Any adice on this would be helpful. If what I written about the rsponses from OFT and FOS is actually correct who then can help us with these older unenforcible agreements?

I Have read all the comments about this awful firm as we have a loan with them and are being harrassed in exactly the same format.

Due to a car accident in June I was injured and claimed ESA

My partner is self employed and in fact made a loss this year.

At present we are fighting to keep our home evicyion looming 24th Nov

I explained to the representative that we have no means to pay at this present time as we have only just found out and this week applied for all

the other benefits Working Tax and pension credit ect.

I explained to them the situation and mentioned that we are seeking advice today and was told that they will ring or come round to our house to find out the outcome, I am furious at this invasion it is enough that we have eviction looming without all this.

They also have me down as a joint debtor but I am sure only my partner signed at the time I asked them to prove to me that I signed and requested a copy, wether this will happen I will not hold my breath.

hiya all

i feel like im going to be in the lions den but here goes, i work for welcom e finance in the collections dept and i also feel that welcome treat there customer like ****, they shouldnt but welcome does. i though a few facts might help you all out.

currently we are not transferring any account from where they are currently held so if you are in the local management branch ( collections dept ) then that is where you will stay so if they say you will go to a legal dept or litigation then this is a load of crap as welcome is taking no one to court at the moment nor do we repossess houses from people if you are in difficulty.

if you cannot pay us then speak with us and hopefully you will have someone one the phone who wants to help you, if not ask them about the treating customers fairly policy which all welcome employees have to abide by. even the director has sent out internal mail advising us of this.

if you have a complaint call head office and ask to speak to compliance, they deal with the compliant and collection activity should stop if compliance are dealing.

if you are in a position to short settle you account, ask for discount the min is 35% discount on your current balance so you could save yourself some money and get welcome off your back.

if you are struggling speak to the cccs or debt management company as once you are with them welcome cannot call you and have to lease with them direct also the interest and charges will be stopped on the account.

if you have a car account and not paying but have the car then ask them if you have paid over a 3rd and if so you car cannot be taken if it is you can get all your money back you have paid.

Ask your account manager to stop the interest and put pressure on, say you will pay but you want the interest stopping, if you have a descent account manager they will do it for you

if you have a secured loan and they are threating repossession then this is a lie as welcome do not repossess houses, fact

i hope this helps people, any questions i will be happy to answer.

• Haha 1
I have received a Default notice today even though the account is marked in dispute , where do I go from here ?

Is it an actual default notice letter? WFS are good at sending letters out and making them seem more than they are. If it says 'default sums' then that is another matter.

hiya all

i feel like im going to be in the lions den but here goes, i work for welcom e finance in the collections dept and i also feel that welcome treat there customer like ****, they shouldnt but welcome does. i though a few facts might help you all out.

currently we are not transferring any account from where they are currently held so if you are in the local management branch ( collections dept ) then that is where you will stay so if they say you will go to a legal dept or litigation then this is a load of crap as welcome is taking no one to court at the moment nor do we repossess houses from people if you are in difficulty.

if you cannot pay us then speak with us and hopefully you will have someone one the phone who wants to help you, if not ask them about the treating customers fairly policy which all welcome employees have to abide by. even the director has sent out internal mail advising us of this.

if you have a complaint call head office and ask to speak to compliance, they deal with the compliant and collection activity should stop if compliance are dealing.

if you are in a position to short settle you account, ask for discount the min is 35% discount on your current balance so you could save yourself some money and get welcome off your back.

if you are struggling speak to the cccs or debt management company as once you are with them welcome cannot call you and have to lease with them direct also the interest and charges will be stopped on the account.

if you have a car account and not paying but have the car then ask them if you have paid over a 3rd and if so you car cannot be taken if it is you can get all your money back you have paid.

Ask your account manager to stop the interest and put pressure on, say you will pay but you want the interest stopping, if you have a descent account manager they will do it for you

if you have a secured loan and they are threating repossession then this is a lie as welcome do not repossess houses, fact

i hope this helps people, any questions i will be happy to answer.

Welcome staff Hi "Welcome don't repossess homes" are you sure:-)

no they don't want to be known as a lender that repossess houses

Which is probably why they are telling some of their staff they don't so they can spread the myth

In other words I can assure they do or did so until very very recently & I'm talking weeks not months

i have worked there for 2 years and i have never seen or heard of a house being repossessed by welcome it has always been done by he first charge on the property or another secured debt that have decided to apply for a repossession order

Forgot to mention & she didn't even owe them any money In fact she had never had an account with Welcome. Some months later a Welcome employee was convicted for fraud Whether or not there's any connection between the 2 events who knows

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3312 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you