• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3271 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi gpm0708 - I was joking with Zarrah, hence the stick out tongue at the end of my speech :p

She implied you can go from working in welcome to flipping burgers, I said its an insult to burger flippers:) welcome employees dont have the brains or the skill to flip burgers :D I thought it was quite amusing what I wrote but now I have had to explain it its not funny :-( (I try my hardest but it seems I am no lee evans)

The guy on pg4 just summerises the whole essence of a welcome employee doesnt he? Rude, arrogant , obnoxious , belittling idiots.

What makes things funny is that he stuck up for welcome back then and when welcome got into trouble he was probably one of the first out the door and he has probably found himself in the exact same position as all of us. It wouldnt surprise me if he has reregistered on CAG under a different name and is getting help with his own debts

ooopppps soz, lol

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

info taken from OC&C Credit Management and Debt Collection Index news

The Lewis Group, another debt buyer, came third in the index from thirteenth last year – praised for its range of techniques and size as well as top line growth. Parent company Cattles may have struggled but this means it is less likely to be dependent on the parent, said OC&C.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Hi there

can anyone give me some advice on what to do,i put my acc into dispute on the 16-10-09 and cancelled the d/debit that was supposed to go out on the 19-10-09 and my local branch phoned and i told them the account was in dispute and hung up.Then i had a letter from compliance the other day saying they cannot fulfill my cca request and cannot provide me with a copy of my agreement so i am leaving the acc in dispute but i received a letter from welcome today saying notice of default sums,i am being charged 25 pounds for the cancelled d/debit but i thought while an acc is in dispute they cannot charge me.

could someone please assist me

regards

Edited by edwi69
anyone got working welcome numbers for open branches, as going to add them on my website of numbers. please pm if have, thanks!

a branch in liverpool still very active 0151 254 1847 except comes up as an 0845 NUMBER think they are centralising stuff more & more!:-|

• Haha 1

thanks for the number, will add to my list.

yes, we got a snotty call from cambridge today who said that compliance told them my complaint wasn't a complaint and not to treat it as a complaint, even though FOS say it is a complaint! Got all this in print from a telephone log too, not the first time gone through this!

Confused me even typing that so god knows how they work it out.

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

i payed £10 to have a copy of the original agreement and when it arrived the ink was smeared all over so that it was unreadable anyway.

ive been on the phone today to direct group insurance to ask what insurances where paid upfront, or how much money is being paidin monthly instalments, we were told

home care £145 paid upfront

lifecare £215 paid upfront

personal protection insurance £2615.87 NOT paid upfront

we were told they recieve £44 permonth for the ppi from welcome.

according to welcomes statements they paid ALL the policys upfront and added it to our loan amount, so they are making intrest on something that they have LIED about cause its not been paid upfront at all.

so in theory if we were to go and pay welcome off tommorrow we would end up paying an extra £2615.87 {plus intrest} that we didnt really borrow.

can anyone advise us were we stand on this pppllleeaasssee

from the Welcome site

At Welcome, our corporate responsibility strategy is built on three cornerstones:

Being a responsible financial services organisation.

We treat our customers fairly and with respect, lending carefully and making sure that we understand each customer’s financial circumstances. In that way, we can be sure that we offer them the right product and don’t place an undue burden on them. Our goal is to have open and honest relationships with customers, offering them constructive support should they encounter difficulties.

Being a good people business

We aim to create an environment that is both motivating and stimulating. We treat colleagues with fairness and respect, listening to what they have to say and acting on their feedback. Looking outside the business itself, we strive to build strong bonds with the communities around us, because that’s where our customers and colleagues live and work.

Being environmentally responsible.

As a growing business we recognise that we have an impact on the environment. Our aim is to manage this impact and minimise it wherever we can - and at the same time raise environmental awareness among our colleagues. As well as meeting people’s expectations of the company, this helps us to operate more efficiently and reduce our costs."

No agreement = no enforcement, send them a letter to remind them!

And you seem to have paid plenty payment protection insurance, call it in:D

Hi All

i had this posted on my thread could anyone tell me if this is true

regards:confused:

The letter states that "where the cca 1974 advises that you may put your account into dispute; this is only relevant to accounts held with Banking Institutions and therefore bares no significance to your claim with welcome".

I thought these suckers were going under?

Is it just a matter of time or are they gonna survive.

I need to know!

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

can someone tell me if below is true

Hi there

i put my account in dispute in September for failure to provide cca. I received a letter today enclosing my cca :Cry:. The letter states that "where the cca 1974 advises that you may put your account into dispute; this is only relevant to accounts held with Banking Institutions and therefore bares no significance to your claim with welcome".

electrik

regards edwi69

can someone tell me if below is true

Hi there

i put my account in dispute in September for failure to provide cca. I received a letter today enclosing my cca :Cry:. The letter states that "where the cca 1974 advises that you may put your account into dispute; this is only relevant to accounts held with Banking Institutions and therefore bares no significance to your claim with welcome".

electrik

regards edwi69

Hi edwi69,

I'm not an expert, but could they just be trying there luck to get money out of you?

Google cca 1974 and see what you can find, I have been reading up and I have not found anything mentioning 'only accounts held under banking institutions' ...yet!!

Once again I am not an expert!

Hi All

welscum signed for my cca request letter on the 2-10-09 and they signed for account in dispute letter on the 17-10-09.

i received a leeter from welscum saying they couldnt fulfill my request for a copy of my agreement and saying they should be supplying me with one.

But what i want to know is,is there another letter i need to send now telling them they havent complied with my request.

help would be much apreciated.

regards edwi69:???:

Hi edwi69,

I'm not an expert, but could they just be trying there luck to get money out of you?

Google cca 1974 and see what you can find, I have been reading up and I have not found anything mentioning 'only accounts held under banking institutions' ...yet!!

Once again I am not an expert!

If the agreement says "regulated by the consumer credit act (1974)" I can't see how they can argue it doesn't.

The only time it wouldn't would be for loans over 25K (?) - the CCA1974 doesn't apply to them.

Carpe Jugulum

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3271 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you