• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3276 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just reading this thread and laughing at the different stories welcome feed people ! Regarding by law not being able to take payment for 1 month. I got my secured loan the 1st of the month by cheque, they wanted the dd to come out on the 15th of the same month ( 14 days later ) but I said no, so it was made the 29th instead. So still not a clear month !

Who's law ? Welcomes !

My credit file also has an extra month than the loan agreement states, another point that I will have to pick up.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just reading this thread and laughing at the different stories welcome feed people ! Regarding by law not being able to take payment for 1 month. I got my secured loan the 1st of the month by cheque, they wanted the dd to come out on the 15th of the same month ( 14 days later ) but I said no, so it was made the 29th instead. So still not a clear month !

Who's law ? Welcomes !

My credit file also has an extra month than the loan agreement states, another point that I will have to pick up.

nice to know im not alone i was beginning to think it was just me that was having problems with welscum

on another note how do i check if they refunded my ppi oas well as other extras on my 1st loan when i did the re-write

im checking all the same kind of stuff on mine. I have done an SAR to them. This should provide all details they have within the last 6years, which should throw up any old loans.

I am new to all this myself and have been very kindly helped along by postggj on all of this.

But it seems welcome have a case to answer with a lot of people so you are certainly not alone !

I am debating this point at the moment. The Consumer Credit Act is quite clear about the loan being non enforceable if no statements are provided and that no interest can be charged if they are non compliant in sending out annual statements. Would appreciate peoples opinions on this,

I am debating this point at the moment. The Consumer Credit Act is quite clear about the loan being non enforceable if no statements are provided and that no interest can be charged if they are non compliant in sending out annual statements. Would appreciate peoples opinions on this,

Been thinking on that point. Section 6 is quite clear on it. Obviously, Welcome can easily rectify the breach by sending a statement, but it looks as if any fees, default interest etc should be fair game for a refund during the time Welcome were in default.

you need to send welcome a letter by recorded delievery

tell them to send an up to date statement as confirmed by the cca,

give them seven days or you will be putting the account into dispute and with holding payments until compliance

this covers you if you have to go to the fos

I am just going to send a CCA request I don't imagine they will comply as it is obviously too much trouble to do what they are suposed to when they are suosed too and it sounds as though they have their hands full already!. If I dont receive copies of these statements and proof of posting though well I might be asking them to review the situation and I know I can stop paying with the full force of the law behind me...:p

hi antonia

please start your own thread and ill jump in

Hi postggi i don't know how to move it but would like any help that i can give to my mother ,out of all debts which she has managed this is the only one she's had trouble with.

you need to send welcome a letter by recorded delievery

tell them to send an up to date statement as confirmed by the cca,

give them seven days or you will be putting the account into dispute and with holding payments until compliance

this covers you if you have to go to the fos

thankyou i will do that 1st thing in the morning

http://www.cattles.co.uk/picture/upload/file/EGM270809.pdf

Link from the LSE forum to a document about the Cattles Invoice Finance Disposal..

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

i thought i would give dg a call re any insurances that may still be valid even though according to my branch all insurances were stopped when i did the re-write in 2007, and surprise surprise i still have shortfall insurance which the nice lady at dg is going to forward my documents...i would stronly advise any welcome customer to check with d and g

Hi Post - I have sent you a PM re FOS response to interest on acceptance fee. Your advice would be appreciated.

Hi Milly

I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with this, as i have 3 seperate acceptance fees charged on original loan and 2 re-writes. I understand you may want to keep it out of open forum. please pm me with any info you can, that will give me any insight on how to deal with this!!

thanks in advance

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can advise me on this, but last year we got finance through Welcome for a car, and we were told that in 12 months we could exchange the car as part of the agreement, 12 months on, they are now saying that Welcome car finance is no longer trading, so they no longer have that deal, but our finance arrangement is with Welcome Finance, NOT Welcome Car Finance. Also I called up today to try and differ next months payment and they advised if we don't make the payment (due beginning of next month) then the full arrears of £500 would be due. Didn’t know we were in arrears by that much, I thought we only missed one payment since taking the loan out and that was at the beginning of the year when I changed my job. I asked for a statement and was told that would be £20.00. :mad:Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

Bollix to their £20. Get a SAR off to them sharpish. If you reckon you owe less that £500, it's quite likely they have slapped on sundry charges and interest.

You'll get ALL your info that they have on you then, and not just a latest statement. Which they are actually obliged to send you on at least an annual basis anyhow.

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can advise me on this, but last year we got finance through Welcome for a car, and we were told that in 12 months we could exchange the car as part of the agreement, 12 months on, they are now saying that Welcome car finance is no longer trading, so they no longer have that deal, but our finance arrangement is with Welcome Finance, NOT Welcome Car Finance. Also I called up today to try and differ next months payment and they advised if we don't make the payment (due beginning of next month) then the full arrears of £500 would be due. Didn’t know we were in arrears by that much, I thought we only missed one payment since taking the loan out and that was at the beginning of the year when I changed my job. I asked for a statement and was told that would be £20.00. :mad:Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

check all those useless extras foisted on you and get your money back such as ppi, gap, mechanical warranty etc

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3276 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you