Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe its a .......Silent but deadly

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Time for a Totty Bottle then :lol::lol:

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Can I just point out that whoever takes on the book debt, as someone will, MUST also accept the liabilities. A simple fact that makes me think that anyone who does take it on must either be completely unaware of what the books represent in the way of mis-sold PPI & unenforceable agreements....or are completely stark raving bonkers

Edited by JonCris

Can I just point out that whoever takes on the book debt, as someone will, MUST also accept the liabilities. A simple fact that makes me think that anyone who does take it on must either be completely unaware of what the books represent in the way of mis-sold PPI & unenforceable agreements....or are completely stark raving bonkers

Is this a legal rule based on fact or just an assumption?

I believe this would probably have to be argued, an agreement can be sold with the benefit and without the burden.:mad:

This comes from a defence made by welcome on a claim from an agreement which was purchased by welcome

Linden Gardens Trust Ltd v Lenesta Sludge Disposals Ltd [1993] 3 WLR 408 states that a party may assign (that is, transfer) the benefit of the contract, but not the burden. The original parties remain liable for their obligations under the contract.

I am just thinking that if all these agreements get sold on then the new owner could potentially use this arguement.

I believe this would probably have to be argued, an agreement can be sold with the benefit and without the burden.:mad:

Are you sure, that doesn't sound very legal to me, for a start is morally repugnant and the courts would surly realise this...

How can you sell a debt that has an existing liability without honoring the liability...The consequencies in financial terms would be massive because every FRAUDLENT (innovative, creative) company would know that they could act recklessly and escape culpability

If what you say is fact LMH then the law is surly distorted:confused: and tilted in favour of the rich man...

Oh of course how silly of me...

Are you sure, that doesn't sound very legal to me, for a start is morally repugnant and the courts would surly realise this...

How can you sell a debt that has an existing liability without honoring the liability...The consequencies in financial terms would be massive because every FRAUDLENT (innovative, creative) company would know that they could act recklessly and escape culpability

If what you say is fact LMH then the law is surly distorted:confused: and tilted in favour of the rich man...

Oh of course how silly of me...

Like I said, it would have to be argued. Good start here :-)

I'm trying to find some case law on the benefit without liability issue but...

I believe if an agreement is bought in good faith with due dilligence then the argument is sound. However, in this case due dilligence would fail on the basis of the clear unenforceability of so many of the contracts, together with the mis-selling issues already raised. Additionally, if Welcome were unable (or unwilling) to pass on the true executed agreement then a court would be unable to allow enforecement.

Just my opinion - I'll dig some more.

Otherwise Welcome would have mitigated the claims by selling the agreements to a mate... oh, hang on, they did didn't they?

Edited by T2upNorth
adding detail

Could someone let me know, do Welscum have the right to apply for default charges/leters sent whilst I am waiting for my SAR if it ever arrives? (whichI send Mid May and they have acknowledged)

Also Welscum local office have written to say they have cancelled HP agreement and are going to reposses the car, or take court action.

I am trying to reclaim my missold PPI, but they AIN'T listening!!:mad::mad::mad:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks