• Tweets

• Mr Lee helped to grow his father's small trading business into a global industrial powerhouse. View the full article
    • So here's a thought:   The average age of someone dying of Covid-19 is 82.4.   The average life expectancy is less, at 81.4.   The rest of the population is making huge sacrifices to save people who, on average, would have been dead anyway.   I wonder what the total of life-years saved by all the restrictions we've had on us since the pandemic started is? Probably not many.
    • Hi Thankyou for your response    yes it is ! I sent of a SAR and within the comms Log Lloyds advised PRA  no CCA or paperwork available  .  hence account unenforceable.   The default is listed as PRA so does that mean it’s active ?  I can’t see a default for LLoyds on there.  I will follow your advice Thankyou 
    • i will guess this is:   a debt buyer dca cannot register a default notice    if the original creditor registered a default notice then get a copy of that  staple it to a letter to PRA and demand the account is removed from your credit file forthwith or a serious complaint will be registered with the ICO and financial compensation will be sought.   give them 14 days 
    • Freight industry body warns the lack of an agreement on tariffs could make things more expensive. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3274 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DonyMac/Postggj

The kland registry bit is pro forma - it appears on every settlement figure letter even if your loan is unsecured.

Don't worry about it

Sorry to be so dumb....but for those of us who are not in the know, what has happened in court Andie ? Dont understand why they just dont give you your refund, especially as you have alot of incrimating evidence against them. They dont seem to comprehend the seriousness of the situation obviously, or Mr P would not have turned up in his £9.99 primark suit :lol:

Forsure - because they quite frankly are fu**ing stupid!!

They haven't got a clue - they think I have no idea what I'm doing - and they can continue like that.

To UNDERestimate me is to OVERestimate yourself

Not good - believe me! :D

I Think Andie Has Some Thing Up Her Sleave

A Double Whammy

As Not To Blow It, She Will Tell Us After She Has Blown Welcome Out Of The Water In Court

Correct Andie

Correct - they aren't gonna know what has hit them!

More than one thing coming out in the wash - lots of behind the scenes proof gathering - curtesey of a very helpful ex-welcome employee - will be interesting to see if their court docs for the next round match what I already have - or whether it's the typical Welcome lets make it up job :)

I have just had my case against Welcome accepted by a barrister for te PPI. Had a car loan with PPI, then they approached us with a secured loan and repaid the car loan. Never given settlement figures for the car or any rebate for the PPI on car, (only 9 months into agreement) but sold another lot with this loan. The legal team have taken 18 months to get this far, and had to wait for the barrister to give his decision as to wether he believed he had a case on a Conditional Fee Agreement basis against them.

I have other issues that the barrister has not mentioned as looking into but, The loan was £25k plus PPI but on consumer credit act 1974 agreement. Been told anything over 25k not covered under this agreement, and also sold PPI on a 180 month loan which only covers you for 60 months. If we knew this we would never have taken it out. The policy document also arrived after the first month payment was taken out so outside the 30 days. Loan in husbands name and PPI, however both had to sign the land registry charge. But, explained at the time that the mortgage lender does not allow second mortgages and they said they had a way around it!

I am hoping that the barrister may look at the enforceability issue on this loan and question more than the PPI, but let's see otherwise its back to the drawing board.

Well today I got my final attempt to pay letter.

They said they have written to me 3 times (local office?) They want me to contact them within 5 days, they will "listen sympathetically to any problem that I may have"

If they don't hear from me, they will consider LEGAL action, there letter is dated 8th May received today 13th May:confused:

Never mind they have not sent my reply to my CCA Request.

Balance differs from my Credit report to Letter Balance.

Ignored me, when I sent a letter for missold PPI?

They certainly will here from me!!

Well today I got my final attempt to pay letter.

They said they have written to me 3 times (local office?) They want me to contact them within 5 days, they will "listen sympathetically to any problem that I may have"

If they don't hear from me, they will consider LEGAL action, there letter is dated 8th May received today 13th May:confused:

Never mind they have not sent my reply to my CCA Request.

Balance differs from my Credit report to Letter Balance.

Ignored me, when I sent a letter for missold PPI?

They certainly will here from me!!

wow they must have a new "standard threatning letter"...thats inch perfect to the one i recieved friday !!!!:D

wow they must have a new "standard threatning letter"...thats inch perfect to the one i recieved friday !!!!:D

ME TOO!!!

Guys, you must be due the next letter, anyday now... through the letterbox...no envelope, just 2 staples in it!:eek:...go back to my posts from yesterday;-)

:wink: just give me the nod when you do!! i have something of great interest for you....:wink:

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

can anyone just clarify for my weary brain cell please....

Secured loans. Are mortgage indemnity fees legal ?

And just exactly what are they for?

Same goes for acceptance fees?

Thanks

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Whens the next round in court then Andie ? Does that mean if they come crashing down then those of us who have pending PPI cases with them or with the FOS will not get a look in ? I have already had a part refund, but cannot understand why they just didnt give me the whole lot, instead of crediting my account with an ' insurance refund '....so annoying - approx £1100 quid, and my new ickkle babs thats on the way could do with it !! :)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Hey guys and gals, can someone have a look at my thread please. Iv just been sent a pre-contract information thing and i cant recall reading about anyone else recieving one so im not sure what to do with it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/196750-welcome-have-stolen-my-2.html

hello all just a quick one to mull over my dispute with welcome is with the financial ombudsman and welcome are aware of this but recieved a letter today the ussual threats failure to redad this may result in legal proceedings you are served with a default notice etc. etc. so I rang the financial ombudsman a complained about them chasing while the account is in dispute and recording further defaults on my file and the lady said they can chase for payment if there is an amount outstanding? I did tell her about the CCA 1974 stating an account in dispute cannot be chased or defaults registered while the dispute is on going, she just said yes thats a bit of a sticky one who are these people suppoed to represent she is now sending them a letter telling them to stop any further action untill the outcome of thier investigation but apparently she can only ask not insist, so any thoughts have the watchdogs been told to go easy on them because thats the impression I have been left with.

Dene

Just looked at the default notice apparently my arrears are more than the ballance outstanding and they show no refund in the insurances section. this lot are realy running around like headless chickens

hello all just a quick one to mull over my dispute with welcome is with the financial ombudsman and welcome are aware of this but recieved a letter today the ussual threats failure to redad this may result in legal proceedings you are served with a default notice etc. etc. so I rang the financial ombudsman a complained about them chasing while the account is in dispute and recording further defaults on my file and the lady said they can chase for payment if there is an amount outstanding? I did tell her about the CCA 1974 stating an account in dispute cannot be chased or defaults registered while the dispute is on going, she just said yes thats a bit of a sticky one who are these people suppoed to represent she is now sending them a letter telling them to stop any further action untill the outcome of thier investigation but apparently she can only ask not insist, so any thoughts have the watchdogs been told to go easy on them because thats the impression I have been left with.

Dene

Hi Jdene - we have a complaint with the ombudsman also and we were told exactly the same thing as you with regards to them chasing us. I am sure they are not allowed to do this no matter what fos say and we have complained to office of fair trading. We are still waiting on a response :)

Hi Millymo I am going to send the details to the office of fair trading as well, and may get a complaint off to my MP maybe they can claim the costs on ther expenses for me lol, but as you said I am sre the CCA says they cannot chase or add charges to an account while it is in dispute have seen it on a number of forums

I wonder if it's because mine is with court and not FOS but I have had it confirmed that as soon as my letter in dispute was recieved by them a note went on my account saying that all charges and interest needs to be backdated to 10th March pending outcome of litigation.

Hi andy I never recieved any response from them after my dispute letter, they had agreed to make a deduction from the account for the miss-sold insurances if I restarted the repayments so I agreed made three payments then asked for the balance which showed no deduction and when I asked them about it they had no record of the agreement so I stoped payment and put it back into dispute and sent everything off to the Ombudsman, but you could be right they acknowledge the court proceedings but not the FOS complaint never mind what they do or dont do may be unimportant shortly if they go down the pan.

You think they'll finally get round to announcing the results this time..? the suspense is killing me lol!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3274 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you