• Tweets

• Mr Lee helped to grow his father's small trading business into a global industrial powerhouse. View the full article
    • So here's a thought:   The average age of someone dying of Covid-19 is 82.4.   The average life expectancy is less, at 81.4.   The rest of the population is making huge sacrifices to save people who, on average, would have been dead anyway.   I wonder what the total of life-years saved by all the restrictions we've had on us since the pandemic started is? Probably not many.
    • Hi Thankyou for your response    yes it is ! I sent of a SAR and within the comms Log Lloyds advised PRA  no CCA or paperwork available  .  hence account unenforceable.   The default is listed as PRA so does that mean it’s active ?  I can’t see a default for LLoyds on there.  I will follow your advice Thankyou 
    • i will guess this is:   a debt buyer dca cannot register a default notice    if the original creditor registered a default notice then get a copy of that  staple it to a letter to PRA and demand the account is removed from your credit file forthwith or a serious complaint will be registered with the ICO and financial compensation will be sought.   give them 14 days 
    • Freight industry body warns the lack of an agreement on tariffs could make things more expensive. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3274 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what accounts do you have

car

personel loan, i take it a secured

have you contacted land registry to see if an interest has been lodged,

welcome were very lax and a few people have no interest recorded

hi, have no idea why it say stuff about the land registry,

i have an unsecured loan, paid for two years with no statements,

i havnt see the agreement for the car, car was taken out jan 08.

sent requests first week in feb 09,

paid loan for two years and only found out after a telephone call with them in jan 09 that i was paying for ppi on the loan

i think as usual, welcome have done you up like a kipper,

they realise this from your sar that you want answers

the 50% discount seems to be a carrot

they are in default of your sar,

ill post a letter in a mo to send

did you send the sar by recorded delievery and was it sent to compliance in nottingham

are you saying that they have secured the loan on property?

send this to compliance by recorded delievery

enclose a copy of the last recorded slip

welcome are very deviouse, thats all i am going to say as not to be cagbooted

contact the land registry on line to see if any interest has been put against your house

i think its about 8 quid

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

ok say no more, will check it out, would be interesting as i dont own my home.

thanks again for the letter, will send that off.

should i sent a copy to my local department also?

Sorry to be so dumb....but for those of us who are not in the know, what has happened in court Andie ? Dont understand why they just dont give you your refund, especially as you have alot of incrimating evidence against them. They dont seem to comprehend the seriousness of the situation obviously, or Mr P would not have turned up in his £9.99 primark suit :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

I have an unsecured personal account with welscum finance just wondered can i claim back the absurd charges that they have added, if so can you give me a templte to use

thanks

rob:roll:

This Is Interesting

Are The Goverment Going To Pull The Plug

Remember The Goverment Is Skint And Its Not Getting Any Better

We Are Talking 1.5 Billion

The Banks Might Just Pick The Bones Dry On Cattles

This Is Now Goverment Money Going Into Rbs

Just Thinking Out Loud

This Is Interesting

Are The Goverment Going To Pull The Plug

Remember The Goverment Is Skint And Its Not Getting Any Better

We Are Talking 1.5 Billion

The Banks Might Just Pick The Bones Dry On Cattles

This Is Now Goverment Money Going Into Rbs

Just Thinking Out Loud

what will happen if they do post

Cattles Will Be No More

Shop A Check And Welcome Financial Services Will Be No More

All Outstanding Agreements Will Be Bundled Togeather And Sold For Peanuts To Speculators Who Will Sell It On And On

Prob End Up With Some Low Life Like Provident Owning The Accounts

Pure Guess Work This

Just My Own Opinion

Look At This Way

They Will Have Great Dificulty Selling These Accounts

Every Body Knows There Are Going To Be Mass Claims On Miss Selling Of Ppi Etc

Thats Why Cattles Are In So Much Trouble

Nobody Wants To Touch Them

Would You Buy These Accounts Knowing It Would Be Just Burning Money

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3274 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you