• Tweets

• 5 days for all MCOL claims ...2 days for CCMCC....Litigant or Company   Andy
    • They will have to provide proof that it was delivered – either a photograph or a signature.
    • Okay, if you are prepared to go ahead then you should send them a letter of claim. Give them 14 days to refund your money after which you will start a claim in the County Court. Only send this letter if you are prepared to go ahead with your threat on day 15. Otherwise you will simply lose credibility. I'm afraid you won't get your money back any other way. You will probably have to issue the claim papers which will cost you £25. If they are really stupid for this kind of money then they will push you to pay the hearing fee which is about another £40 or £50 – I'm not sure – and on the basis that you win, you will get all that money back. Read around the Hermes threads to see how it works. They will probably opt to go to mediation and that will be their opportunity to try and knock you down and you will find that the mediator will probably try to put pressure on you as well to compromise on your rights. We would suggest that you don't do this and that you stand your ground. The carrot for Hermes is that if they pay you out completely then you won't go to court and there won't be a judgement against them. The stick for Hermes is that if they do push you to court and you win then you will get a judgement against them which will be very damaging for them generally. For this kind of money they would be really stupid to risk it – but they may test you by forcing you to pay various fees. The extraordinary thing about Hermes – like many other big companies, is that they will pay more money to try and crush you that it would cost them simply to pay you out. These people are really stupid. Draft a letter of claim and keep it simple and post it here before you click it off. Draft particulars of claim and post it here before you click that off. After you have sent your letter of claim, use the 14 days to make sure you understand the steps in bringing your action and also to register on the MoneyClaim site so that you can get everything ready and on day 15 click off the claim.  
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3270 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a default notice too.... Sunnie was it you who got knocked back on your PPI claim and told to go back to the broker?

If so SAR your broker... my broker admitted to me that welcome paid them a commssion... which is not on any of my paperwork with welcome, making it a secret commision. They also told me that the ppi is a welcome product... so as the insurers are jointly liable... am checking my facts and will be speaking to fos and possibly trading standards next week.

Yep, that was me as well.

I did write to UCan/Carcraft but no reply as yet.

Direct Group said it was Welcome, Welcome said it was Ucan/Carcraft.:???:

So who do I get the CCA from, ??

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

passed mine over to fos sick of welcome getting knowhere with them

I know how you feel..

all my letters come from different addresses...

never sure now where to send anything..:confused:

THIS COMPANY HAS TO BE STOPPED ......:mad:

They seem to think that all the rules and regulations do not apply to them.

It's time we all approached "WATCHDOG " on BBC 1

Voda

I totally agree Voda they rang me three times on Friday asking for money (i'll admit ive sent them to Coventry for the last three months) the wally left a lovely answerphone message on my mobile basically threatning to turn up at my place of work to "Sort this matter out"..amazing how they can ring me lots but cant sort out my CCA and SAR !!!!

Well still no CCA received by Welcome, instead I receive a Default notice and I have incurred another £25 charge (will not pay!!) for an Outside visit, despite sending them the Harrasement letter twice!!:mad:

Seems they are going all out on the default notice's... i have also received one, it seems they have already written to me previously 3 times:confused: must have got lost in the same black hole as all their money????

The FOS seem to shake them up a bit...had a reply from ruddington, as well as a reply from the branch/ area manager...the one who actually did the last re-write, they also incuded a current statement from each address, printed 2 days apart...different balances on! interesting;)

The branch manager, has given me 5 days to resolve the arrears or they will take me to court:lol::lol:. Can't wait,bring it on:lol::lol: take me there, im sure the Judge would be interested in my paperwork, account in dispute, the bad accounting practices, the missold ppi, incomplete statements, the forged signatures, DPA issues...my list is never ending!!!

The person in compliance who sent the other letter, is going to get short sharp shrift, regarding her patronising manner, a copy will also be sent to the FOS, as she believes the matter is now closed...DON'T THINK SO LADY!!!! Started on the wrong person, belive me!!!!

Now off to check the CRA's, now supposedly being 3 months in arrears, im hoping they have it listed now, just so i can see what billy bull it says....

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Andi,

You not had any phonecalls yet ? from the Men in Shinny crap suits, in relation to your pending rendzevous....

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

LMAO - so last week I get a letter having (at the point the letter is dated April 09) missed 1 payment of £190 after LEGALLY putting my account into dispute as Welscum owe ME more than I owe them, saying you have missed a payment blah blah blah please pay £430!!

Err now I've never been good at maths and I sure as hell know welcome aren't but where does £190 turn into £430??

So I ring them up and give the manager of the CRC a rather terse response to their letter (all recorded of course) and she confirms - I'm sorry your account is on hold it is with Compliance nothing is being added on - they are computer generated letters and we can't stop them but be assured you are on hold.

Ok fine....

Yesterday receive a letter saying I have been charged £25 for unpaid cheque - errr don't pay by cheque....

and low and behold get an experian alert - late payments registered and outstanding balance increased.

was gonna call them but can't be bothered, was gonna send them a letter but waste of ink and postage - tell you what I'll tell it to the judge on Tuesday!!

Can't wait to see you again Mr P - hope you're looking forward to it as much as me!

Good luck on Tuesday Andie.

After that I suggest we look at informing Watchdog.

Showing this whole thread to them surely will be of interest to their researchers.

Enjoy the Grand Prix, I sure well.

I wish I had a put a £100 on Jenson winning the F1 Championship at odds of 100 to 1 at the beginning of the season.

Now, I gather its evens.

I totally agree Voda they rang me three times on Friday asking for money (i'll admit ive sent them to Coventry for the last three months) the wally left a lovely answerphone message on my mobile basically threatning to turn up at my place of work to "Sort this matter out"..amazing how they can ring me lots but cant sort out my CCA and SAR !!!!

This is blatant harrasment... keep a recording of the phone call... they did the same to me... i rang them back told them i had recordings of all their threats and that if they made any more illegal threats i would take the matter to the police. Keep records of mobile numbers used etc.

You can actually sue them for damages for the harrasment.

At same time i reported matter to compliance to make a complaint. also sent harrasment letter.

Last resort ring them every 2 mins and hang up on them... see how they like it.

Seems they are going all out on the default notice's... i have also received one, it seems they have already written to me previously 3 times:confused: must have got lost in the same black hole as all their money????

The FOS seem to shake them up a bit...had a reply from ruddington, as well as a reply from the branch/ area manager...the one who actually did the last re-write, they also incuded a current statement from each address, printed 2 days apart...different balances on! interesting;)

The branch manager, has given me 5 days to resolve the arrears or they will take me to court:lol::lol:. Can't wait,bring it on:lol::lol: take me there, im sure the Judge would be interested in my paperwork, account in dispute, the bad accounting practices, the missold ppi, incomplete statements, the forged signatures, DPA issues...my list is never ending!!!

The person in compliance who sent the other letter, is going to get short sharp shrift, regarding her patronising manner, a copy will also be sent to the FOS, as she believes the matter is now closed...DON'T THINK SO LADY!!!! Started on the wrong person, belive me!!!!

Now off to check the CRA's, now supposedly being 3 months in arrears, im hoping they have it listed now, just so i can see what billy bull it says....

B-O-2

Sounds like they are getting desperate and the pressure is being put on them from the top.... trying to squeeze as much as they can out of people... while putting off any issues regarding complaints made against them, passing the buck etc.

The death throws of an old sick dinosaur maybe.

Kick it while its down :D

I would trust a dinosaur far more than Welscum !!!

Sounds like they are getting desperate and the pressure is being put on them from the top.... trying to squeeze as much as they can out of people... while putting off any issues regarding complaints made against them, passing the buck etc.

The death throws of an old sick dinosaur maybe.

Kick it while its down :D

I wish I had a put a £100 on Jenson winning the F1 Championship at odds of 100 to 1 at the beginning of the season.

Now, I gather its evens.

Me too - last bet I had was Shaun Murphy to win Snnoker World cup £10 @ 30-1.

Only did it cos I know him and the bugger goes down in the final - told him he owes me my £10 back!

LOL !!!

Me too - last bet I had was Shaun Murphy to win Snooker World cup £10 @ 30-1.

Only did it cos I know him and the bugger goes down in the final - told him he owes me my £10 back!

Me too - last bet I had was Shaun Murphy to win Snnoker World cup £10 @ 30-1.

I know jezza kyle.... but it will cost you whatever you get out of unwelcome :)

Hi Guys

Does Anyone Have The Email / Address And Telephone No Or Any Contact Details Of Welcomes Compliance Department As I Am Still Getting Treatening Phone Calls Despite Me Putting Them Into Dispute For Failing To Provice Cca And Sar.

Many Thanks

Rikk

Have Also Reprted Them To Fsa:)

Thats mean using my Jezza Kyle wierd crush against me in that way :evil:

Jeremy Kyle ??? Now that is weird !! :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Hi Guys

Does Anyone Have The Email / Address And Telephone No Or Any Contact Details Of Welcomes Compliance Department As I Am Still Getting Treatening Phone Calls Despite Me Putting Them Into Dispute For Failing To Provice Cca And Sar.

Many Thanks

Rikk

Good luck trying to get through to the Compliance Dept !! Dont think theres anyone home !!

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Rikk try this:

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

Compliance Dept

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Tel: 0115 9849302

They don't receive external e-mails and if you phone let it ring and ring they will eventually answer

You know who that is don't you Milly??

Debt for asset swap!

That is what I was thinking but didn't wan't to say in case I made myself look stupid :)

That is what I was thinking but didn't wan't to say in case I made myself look stupid :)

Thats the only way these suspended shares would be trading and getting permission of LSE to do so.

I've had a letter today offering a 30% discount settlement offer, saving quite a bit.

its tempting even though I don't actually know and can't work out what the actual balance should be as none of their statements balance.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Hi Guys

Many Thanks

Rikk

We have disputed our account after no CCa but last friday we received a letter threatening legal action. They are desperate to collect in money and will disregard the rules to collect it in. They are just a bunch of dopey muppets with no knowledge of whats right and whats wrong.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3270 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you