You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

tightbum

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3160 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

No, it has happened, and it is Welcome Finance we are talking about. You should query it with them.

Just out of interest, is there anyone out there who took a loan with Welcome without ppi, and has kept up with repayments that has had any problems with the company? I only ask because I took out a two year loan of about £800 a year ago and everything seems to have been ok so far, but after reading all these posts I'm just waiting for something to go wrong.

my direct debit due tomorrow love to cancel it

Er, I hope you are wrong my friend!

How can they charge me for something when I'm not overdue?

Even they aren't that stupid!

Are they?

Yes Chris - they really are!!

I have seen it - people being charged for calls when they pay via card not DD and they are chasing early.

I would bet you £20 they added at least 1 £10 call on for each day 24th & 25th!

there has to b some sort of law against this

check out the cag announcements - there is a excessive charges bill being tabled in the commons on 29th April - email your MP asking them to support it

thats good there should b some sort of law against this or are welcome a law unto there own :(

Cattles asked accountancy firm Deloitte to review its books to work out what level of provisions it needs to take. Deloitte has completed the ask and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Cattles' long-standing auditors, are considering the numbers.

i thought del were still in there going through the mess..

Hi Guys

Ive not looked in over the weekend, any news on the goings on ? Where are things up to ??

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Morning everyone,

I see that you can still apply for a loan with Welcome's sister company.

Shopacheck

https://www.shopacheck.co.uk/apply/

254.5% APR !!!!.

That's crazy

I wonder if Cattles will apply for £500m at 254.5% APR :p

Dipply I have one.

Traz - i've heard from their press guy it's not gonna be next week - thats as much as I know

Morning all, flying visit!

Andie, can you describe what was included in the annual statement that Welcome sent you? (and anyone else that received one please)

Did it list payments, interest and dates etc?

Would be so helpful, thanks!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Are they?

Yes, they are that stupid. They charged me many times for this exact reason and this is what led me to start investigating my account. I would ask them for a statement to check, chances are they have been charging you £10 each time they have called. I phoned several time to query these charges and was told that they would continue adding charges unless I set up a DD, which I refused to do.

Are they?

Yes Im afraid so ! Never underestimate Welcome - They have a habit of making things up as they go along - Maybe its their party piece ? :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Morning all, flying visit!

Andie, can you describe what was included in the annual statement that Welcome sent you? (and anyone else that received one please)

Did it list payments, interest and dates etc?

Would be so helpful, thanks!

Dipply

Yes it has dates and then the payment running total debited off

Then it has date - Capitilisation (interest) and the running total credited.

At the bottom is then that nice little disclaimer about interest being added on the amount outstanding AND the acceptance fee - sure thats for those people that didn't get it on their contracts - why what you thinking??

Millymo - reply from Andrew Moss - my complaint is going to be forwarded to Tony Elphick!!!!!!! :mad: and Sue Dewey :-x

Are they kidding me or what - the very team I am complaining about and infact the very person gets my complaint forwarded straight back to them.

They got a VERY arsy reply off me - that is it i'm sick of it.

PT if you pop by I really need help with my thread about forcing a company to disclose information - even the CEO is now taking the p**s!!

I had a letter this morning from Welcome Finance, Data Services, Mail Centre, Middle Bank, Doncaster, DN55 1WG enclosing a Direct Debit mandate.

They are having a laugh aren't they?

If they were to read my letters ( which obviously they don't ) then they would know my current financial position.

This company is ****.

Millymo - reply from Andrew Moss - my complaint is going to be forwarded to Tony Elphick!!!!!!! :mad: and Sue Dewey :-x

Are they kidding me or what - the very team I am complaining about and infact the very person gets my complaint forwarded straight back to them.

They got a VERY arsy reply off me - that is it i'm sick of it.

PT if you pop by I really need help with my thread about forcing a company to disclose information - even the CEO is now taking the p**s!!

Hi Andie - they are having a laugh surely they must know if you feel the need to complain to CEO then you are getting nowhere with department you are complaining about.

I have not had reply yet but I expect to get the same response. The only thing was I did say I did not want this being passed back to dept 33 in my original complaint so I won't be happy if they do. I will keep you posted.

Just a quick query - we got a final response to our complaint from Welcome CRC last week but I noticed that on the envelope they had put a sticker saying if undelivered return to :

Welcome Financial Services

Bishops House

Abbeyfields Road

Lenton

Nottingham

NG7 2SZ

I have not seen this address before but is this where CRC are based and not in Mere Way as I previously thought.

I had a letter this morning from Welcome Finance, Data Services, Mail Centre, Middle Bank, Doncaster, DN55 1WG enclosing a Direct Debit mandate.

I had the same today too. The cheque is acceptable statement on it made me smile. My local branch are not accepting cheques, wanting cash or debit card only!!!!! they actually returned the cheque i sent in!!

I should take the cheque back with a copy of the mail shot, that would p**s then off.

I am heartily sick of them!!

Dipply

Yes it has dates and then the payment running total debited off

Then it has date - Capitilisation (interest) and the running total credited.

At the bottom is then that nice little disclaimer about interest being added on the amount outstanding AND the acceptance fee - sure thats for those people that didn't get it on their contracts - why what you thinking??

Thanks for that. i am thinking that as point one of my OH's case aginst them is to force them to remove any interest charged for the whole time they have not supplied an annual statement (that is ever lol) and we can then work with that amended figure for the rest (refund PPI, DPA breach charges etc)

Will be doing this with RBS also methinks. Thing is, with a normal high st loan it works out only a few hundred in interest to be refunded but with WELCOME interest rates???!!!

Thats a much bigger fish ;)

I think it would be too easy for **** companies to just make false entries saying statements were sent so a full SAR first, and if they are not there (or you have not already received) then you could take this route.

Have asked for opinions on this in the Legalities section too.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Andie - they are having a laugh surely they must know if you feel the need to complain to CEO then you are getting nowhere with department you are complaining about.

I have not had reply yet but I expect to get the same response. The only thing was I did say I did not want this being passed back to dept 33 in my original complaint so I won't be happy if they do. I will keep you posted.

I put that on mine as well but it still went back - so he got it both barrells back!!

WTF do you need to do with this company??

I put that on mine as well but it still went back - so he got it both barrells back!!

WTF do you need to do with this company??

I personally think that they are relying on the fact that FOS takes forever and are hoping we all just disappear. I don't believe for one minute that Andrew Moss has even read our complaints. I understand he can't personally respond to every complaint he gets about NU - and lets face it he must get a lot - but his office could ensure that these complaints are dealt with properley without passing the buck.

I personally think that they are relying on the fact that FOS takes forever and are hoping we all just disappear. I don't believe for one minute that Andrew Moss has even read our complaints. I understand he can't personally respond to every complaint he gets about NU - and lets face it he must get a lot - but his office could ensure that these complaints are dealt with properley without passing the buck.

They are relying on the fact that I can't go to FOS and thats what fustrates me sooooooo much!

They are a joke!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3160 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you