You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

tightbum

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3166 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

you have hit the nail on the head mojo8

so please all beware and get things checked and double checked before you sign up to anything

Sure, how can branches survive if they are unable to lend at present.

Rewrites at lower APR will not be as profitable.

Thats what i mean, branches will close but a couple of strategically placed offices aroung the uk will be used to collect, these will be funded by self generated minimum working capital. There is obviously a lot more to it yet and i suspect that cattles being as devious as they are will probrabley have a legal team as we speak looking at the contracts between them and the banks to try and stop this all happening.... i just cant see how they could get out of this.... therers statement says it all and coupled with what we know on this thread.. they are gonners

Where is Post?

Should i be buying a certain newspaper today???

At present I don’t think they are concerned about profits or lending to sustain the company going forward. Its about the here and now and if they will survive the next few weeks.

If I was a holder of Cattles stock, I would want answers or at least some idea of what is happening with the money I have invested.

I would be very very careful with the offer of new contracts and lower APR deals. You have this whole thread as evidence of the suspect dealings Welcome are willing to do at any cost!

WFS could not give a s**t about your well being or your personal circumstances I can assure you. Its all about the green.

Rule of thumb with Welcome.

If it looks like a rat, it smells like a rat. Then guess what. It is a rat!

If it sounds too good to be true, then it often is!

Nothing in this world is for free!

Ok enough of that :grin: I couldn’t help myself for a minute

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I think the fact that the share price has gone up after this news is just a sign of how little confidence the market really had in Cattles.

Re writes at a lower apr would be better than a total loss on that account if lets say it should show up in a national newspaper that the contract may be invalid.

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

it all about damage limitation, even at a lower APR it may well be a way of getting dodgy agreements more secure.

At present I don’t think they are concerned about profits or lending to sustain the company going forward. Its about the here and now and if they will survive the next few weeks.

If I was a holder of Cattles stock, I would want answers or at least some idea of what is happening with the money I have invested.

I would be very very careful with the offer of new contracts and lower APR deals. You have this whole thread as evidence of the suspect dealings Welcome are willing to do at any cost!

WFS could not give a s**t about your well being or your personal circumstances I can assure you. Its all about the green.

Stewie

Stewie... your rants inspire me...LOL

Well said Stewie,

This company stinks.

I am still waiting for their reply to my letter that I sent to CRC Complaints at Hessle regarding their freezing all interest etc if I agree to go on a DMP with CCCS.

Their sheer arrogance makes me sick...........:-x

My other two major creditors are much bigger organisations than Cattles and I have had no problems dealing with them direct and they have frozen their interest and other charges without the need for me to go on a DMP.

I want to see these loan sharks collapse a.s.a.p

Stewie

Shares just went from +9% for the day to -16.54%

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

Hello all and I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread. It's my first post and it's to do with Welcome! If it's not the right place to post my apologies in advance and I will delete my thread.

I have been with Welcome for many years and always paid them on time, never missing a payment. I am now into my 3rd car which I have had for 2 years, was paying £420 pm over 4 years with them but I lost my job last summer and am still unemployed. Each new agreement I was told I had to take PPI which I accepted. I left my job voluntarily.

I contacted them and was offered a re-write in October last year which has reduced my monthly payment to £227 pm as a fixed-sum loan agreement. This is to be paid back over 72 months @ 12.96 APR. I am sure that each of my previous agreements have consisited of a £75 acceptance fee being added but not as a seperate one-off payment but don't have my old agreements to check.

On my re-write I have the following;

Total charge for credit [consisting of] £16,346.56 [o+p] - o being the acceptance fee of £75 and p being the interest charge of £16,271.56.

I have only just started to read this post with interest but I am lost with it all and wish I had picked up/joined much sooner!! But damage is done!

I am really struggling to keep these payments going given I am only receiving JSA and wondered what my options are?

I have only recently joined the forum and as I said, it's my first post so please go easy on me! Yeah, I know I am probably a fool etc etc but really need some advice on how best to proceed with this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi alec,

Its probably best to start your own thread as it will get lost in this one. It moves on very quickly.

Thank you for quick response and will see if I can find the right place to post!

more guests than caggers....!?

To those of you checking he charges etc recorded at the Land Registry, if you find ANYTHING irregular, whether you are unsure about it or not (ie both signatures required on paperwork for joint), complain bitterly to the registry and get them to respond to every point in writing.

When I worked in insolvency, it was the Register of Scotland (ROS) we dealt with to place inhibitions etc and they were notoriously strict...as they are supposed to be, but if you phoned with a question you quite often got some young person and not much by way of a definite answer on things.

If there is anything wrong, focus on the registry and hound them with a complaint - they will cover their backside no end and turn the heat on Welcome, as I know in the ROS they were very strict with procedures and staff and didn't tolerate cock ups.

At least I hope thats how it still is!

Hi Dipply

thanks for this info, I'm dealing with ROS and it doesn't seem as straightforward as a form and fee as they are not giving me much information at all, nor asking for payment for something that is straightforward? I emailed customers services again cc the keeper, got a response from a named person and I will be hounding the poor thing till I get what I want, but I asked direct questions about how charges are placed, should it be separate charge per loan or amendment? or is one charge a blanket cover for whatever the finance company wants? Not getting any answers or copy certificate as easily as it seems to be for others...its a little suspect because I know LR are very strict, I'm hoping theres a boo boo, but I'm in the process of signing missives etc so I hope they pull their finger out & find it quick!

8-)

Apparently top management from Cattles have been sent to some branches, that's probably who you've been dealing with, Mojo.

Re-writes are nothing new, Welcome have been doing them for years. Wouldn't recommend it though, you pay what you can afford regardless. It just means another entry on your credit file and makes life easier for Welcome.

ooooohhhhhhhhhh the plot thickens it seems......wonder what Mr P is doing now ? Wont be doing it for very much longer with a bit of luck !!

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Why does it always seems that with this thread there are always more guests than caggers :confused: ?? Welcome Spies at all ? lol :lol:

Forsure

Welcome Spies probably have nothing else to do...

Shame we cant name and shame some of the staff @ Welcome!!:p

gday all

just been reading the postings

this anouncement by cattles, is it official,

i mean, is it the one giving the revised financial report for 2007/2008/2009

to the city and companies house or is it just a smoke screen

any one give a link on the statement in full,

this is strange as i know for a fact that cattles had the insolvency addministrators in

Hi Post,

What’s the word on the ground these days? Everything seems to be pretty quite.

Even my account friends are not talking to me. They just keep referring to the terms of the FSA being "clear and eligible"

It's officially on the LSE Market News

Don't know what it really means though.

Yeah imagine that ! :lol:

Can I ask a quick question please if I may ? I have my own ongoing battle with Welscum at the minute, and they seem to be dragging their heels at every given opportunity - They probably think Im going to give up and get lost, no such luck Welscum !:p

Anyways, my complaint is now with the FOS as thety partially refunded my PPI but retained the other bit, saying that it was an insurance refund and was applied to my account ? - Not Impressed to say the least !!!

Can I still pursue them myself and call them, write them etc if the FOS are involved ? Or should I just sit back and let them do their thing ?? :grin:

Forsure

Hi Post,

What’s the word on the ground these days? Everything seems to be pretty quite.

Even my account friends are not talking to me. They just keep referring to the terms of the FSA being "clear and eligible"

Oh yes and another thing. Welcome told me they would not re-consider my appeal for a re-write of the PPI and are sticking to their guns even though they are going to loose hands down. The account manager I was dealing with has now "left" for the day about 8 days in the row now :D

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3166 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you