• Tweets

• Hi i took out a contract back in May with Vodafone for superfast fibre 2, My speeds have been up and down all the time one moment the sync speed is 76mb then it goes to 33mb then back up to 76mb other providers in the area like BT, PlusNet, Sky or TalkTalk can only provide me with 33mb maximum apparently but Vodafone was adamant they can provide 76mb so i thought ok ill take your word for it so since may the internet has been working perfect no complaints, lately its absolute crap you speak to them on the phone and its the usual rubbish change your WIFI channels, take the face plate off your socket. I'm an internet engineer for a company called hyperoptic so I know a lot about routers and all that so its nothing knew to me you tell them you've done all this and they just repeat themselves over and over then tell you to see how it goes with the plate off may I add makes no bit of difference at all you call them back and the same rubbish is said all over again, When i complained first time about the half speed drop to 33mb they came back with this is all you can get in your area when i asked them why sell me a 76mb package if you know full well my line cant handle over 33mb as usual get told ill get a 3 pound discount for the duration of my contract which disappears once they boost your speed back up to 76mb then few weeks later your back to square one again. Tonight my speed is running at 3.5mb and 15mb upload webpages don't open and videos buffer all the time, i honestly think its the crap routers they supply to which you cant place into modem mode to use your own 3rd party router.   Is there anyway i can get out of this contract
    • Hi everyone, any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.   I purchased a bag for £375 + £8 postage from an individual via Depop. I’m not that familiar with the Depop service but the transaction wasn’t completed via Depop’s checkout just via messages with the seller on the app.   The seller posted the item a few days later and sent me a tracking number, and the item says delivered but it hasn’t arrived with me. When tracking online and asking for more info online it says the tracking number and delivery postcode (my home address) don’t match and the website doesn’t offer any further help. The online chat function is a bot and frankly useless and there is no phone number to call.   The seller can’t show me any proof that the tracking number marries up to my address (they sent me a photo of the box but that’s it) so feel at a loss and very silly (and sad).   I don’t have the seller’s postal address, only email and phone number, but can I (should I) make a claim via small claims for the without having a physical address?   I have asked the seller for a refund and advised they have to make a claim for compensation as the contract of sale (postage cost) was with them and the delivery company.    Thank you everyone. 
    • Its a common situation HB ... In how many laws broken how many times - yes somewhat complex   In caring and supporting your own its quite simple and straight forward It enables the younger members to work and school, while giving care to the older members, who have mainly lost their prior anchors - Nothing strange ... although Johnsons' monsters seem to be unaware or uncaring ...   Any in such a situation will of course have ALL their owns health and safety as the paramount consideration.
    • Jeez that's complicated. 😕
    • I’ll call the court on Monday. 
  • Our picks

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3307 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

could you please explain what a charge certificate is and where i get this from

Hi Biddy

A charge certificate is what Welcome (or anyone who has a legal charge on your property) submits to Land registry. As I have said English/Scottish law differs in secured charges/notices etc. Your property has a title number, generally the abbreviation of your city then a number, this should be on your mortgage documents.

I'm still cloudy on how charges are placed but from what i gather, you need to sign a LEGAL document to give permission for the charge to be placed, this is separate to the CCA. The finance company then submit this to land registry. I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics of how this works as yet.

You can get a copy of your title deeds to see what charges are on them and how they are registered (notices are different to charges) and you can also get a copy of the charge certificate which should include details of what is secured and when. There is a fee for these but could be worth it, I think it was a few pounds for deeds. Contact your land registry, I've found that if I email/call customer service they are quick and helpful. For the charge copy you have to put it in writing so email is best.

Land Registry : We underpin the title to registered land in England and Wales and hold records for land ownership and interests.

This is for England/Wales/Ireland

Registers of Scotland Executive Agency

Scottish one

Good luck, I am gunning for info on how they allow these charges to proceed over different loans without condition...does that mean they can add as much interest or fees to your account on the basis they can take your property? there must be a cap on what they can claim? also worth contacting your 1st mortgage company if you have one. If a charge is placed although not law it is courtesy for them to tell 1st mortgage, Welcome state on their website they won't contact 1st mortgage, this is because depending on circumstances 1st mortgage companies may stop any further loans on property. My 1st mortgage company had never heard of welcome and were astounded at the settlement they wanted, good to have them on side.

I'll post any info I get on this as and when, but get your documents, it may help a lot. Good luck :-)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God! Only been away 24 hours and had 21 pages to read!!!

I'd like some clarification about the interest on the Acceptance Fee as I feel its being overlooked a bit at the moment, especially as there's been a ruling to state it is unlawful.

Firstly, Welcome have twice denied in writing that they have charged interest on the Fee, why would they do this if there's nothing to hide? And due to this, if it's confirmed by the FOS that they have, will the fact they've denied it go against them?

Secondly, as I said before, surely the fact it's written on the agreement doesn't mean it is allowed? That would mean a company could write whatever they like and, because it's on their Agreement, it's OK. Similarly, would this not have been on Wilson's agreement which was challenged?

To answer a couple of posts on here, I notice several caggers have issued SAR requests...if they haven't complied with your request, you need to send a letter headed LETTER BEFORE ACTION, give them 7 days to comply, insert a copy of the original SAR request and the recorded delivery slip, if they don't respond in 7 days then issue court papers immediately where you will be awarded compensation by a judge....

There is a link to a LETTER BEFORE ACTION here... - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/178660-blackheath-loans.html

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

And if yo uneed help filling out the court forms there is a good thread here too - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html

• Haha 1

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi All,

Its very uplifting and encouraging to see several big Cag posters and site team visiting our thread and giving imput and knowing they are there to jump in when needed is pretty cool and not many threads get this kind of attention! Late this evening I noticed several site team members and some VERY well informed big posters (7000+ posts) all on our thread having a look.

I think we are onto something here with this thread. I just feel sad for Roxy who started this bad boy many many moons ago and I think its been overtaken. Can you imagine the look on her face when she sees 158 pages

Anyhow Im heading off, It has been an interesting day and very productive. A few more of these and we should have something concrete to take back to them they cannot wiggle out of.

Keep the pressure applied and I am confident we will all be rewarded.

Take care

Stewie:wink:

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I will state that if there are any insults or sarcastic remarks made here against this person they will be moderated....there are many people on these forums who would give their body parts to get some 'inside' information...it has been known that some will give witness statements in support of claims...some will even risk the anger of an ex/current employer to come to the aid of the consumer....if this person sees insults and stupid comments made against them then that person may think why do I bother, and think that these consumers are just as bad as my ex employer...and just never bother coming on to CAG again......I have issues with Welcome too. Please be patient, and please think before you make irrelevant comments....

Sol I am as confused as you about the whole thing, really need to do a separate welcome folder and book mark pages.

Its the way the maths is done on the agreement too. Peterbard explained it pages back, from around post 2000 and up.

Need to go back myself and have another go at working it out.

sol I've been told by a site team member agreement fee with interest is ok if written in your agreement in font that has the same size and prominence as all other t and c it's not ok if they have added it in before apr. I think the wilson case was like the 2nd example. however by my calculations which I will have to check the interest charged on mine is higher than that on my agreement. so as I have a final response from welcome and c case open with fos about this I'll prob just send to them

The more I read the less I know.

The less I know the more I read.

I am soooo lost now , I am gonna go back to cat 6 wiring diagrams , its less complicated :lol:

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

sol I've been told by a site team member agreement fee with interest is ok if written in your agreement in font that has the same size and prominence as all other t and c it's not ok if they have added it in before apr. I think the wilson case was like the 2nd example. however by my calculations which I will have to check the interest charged on mine is higher than that on my agreement. so as I have a final response from welcome and c case open with fos about this I'll prob just send to them

So how can we check if its been put in before the APR, Peter checked my agreement and said the apr is correct, I'm CONFUSED NOW :confused:

So how can we check if its been put in before the APR, Peter checked my agreement and said the apr is correct, I'm CONFUSED NOW :confused:

I am the same Sammy - Peter checked my APR and ok but welcome have definitely added the fee to advance (fee seperate on agreement) before calculating charge for interest and then added the fee onto this to get total charge for credit. I am then led to believe that the Total charge for credit and total credit is used to calculate APR. so welcome have added it in before calculating APR.

However welcome have written it in terms and conditions but to me it seems sneaky and underhand - anyway I have given up on this now as feel I don't understand it well enough to take it further at the minute :confused:

If peter says the APR is correct then it hasn't been added in before APR.

I am the same Sammy - Peter checked my APR and ok but welcome have definitely added the fee to advance (fee seperate on agreement) before calculating charge for interest and then added the fee onto this to get total charge for credit. I am then led to believe that the Total charge for credit and total credit is used to calculate APR. so welcome have added it in before calculating APR.

However welcome have written it in terms and conditions but to me it seems sneaky and underhand - anyway I have given up on this now as feel I don't understand it well enough to take it further at the minute :confused:

No this is not correct they will not added it in before calculating APR but they have added it in and it's subject to interest.

Interest charged OK as long as it's written on your agreement

Added before APR - not ok

Morning everyone,

This matter needs to be resolved as soon as possible so that everyone on here knows whether their agreement is enforceable or not .....:confused:

Whoops it seems that it has now as this thread is moving so fast !!!!

I will state that if there are any insults or sarcastic remarks made here against this person they will be moderated....there are many people on these forums who would give their body parts to get some 'inside' information...it has been known that some will give witness statements in support of claims...some will even risk the anger of an ex/current employer to come to the aid of the consumer....if this person sees insults and stupid comments made against them then that person may think why do I bother, and think that these consumers are just as bad as my ex employer...and just never bother coming on to CAG again......I have issues with Welcome too. Please be patient, and please think before you make irrelevant comments....

Did you really have to post this?

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

because of being on this thread i have re-visited an old car finance agreement that i am in court for in june. It is s long story but i wont bore you with the details just the facts, the reason i am going to court is to question the enforceability of the agreement when most of it is unlegible as its really badley printed off but its there best copy. But what i have found since has made me smile and i would like some feedback if possible. I took the finance over 48 months (4 yrs) and i specifically asked for no gap and on the bad copy of the agreement you can clearly see the option to purchas gap box, the word (NO) in bold capitalsThe agreement states that my payback term is 47 months x 213 plus one payment of £213 and i never questioned that as it totals 48 months. The finance company have sent me a statement in reply to my CCA showing £213 for insurance. that means that the term is 47 months and the gap is the last payment. Now as far as i can see i have been mis-sold gap as it does not mention it in the figures on the agreement and clearly states NO in the option to purchas box. if anybody has any thoughts or feedback on whether my assumption about unenforceability iscorrect, then i would be grateful.

No this is not correct they will not added it in before calculating APR but they have added it in and it's subject to interest.

Interest charged OK as long as it's written on your agreement

Added before APR - not ok

Thanks Andie :)

This is why I am not taking it further - I knew I didn't understand it properly because there is so much conflicting information but I think basically Peter has checked it and it is right and it is written in terms and conditions - so I will just have to focus on the insurance issue now :D

morning all

i wonder if norwich union

sorry direct group and welcome will be phoning us today with our insurance questions

i wont be holding my breath

just read this on another thread....brilliant

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well that the farmer

had accidentally left uncovered. The animal cried piteously for

hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he

decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered

up anyway, so it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the animal.

He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all

grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first,

the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then,

to everyone's amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads

later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished

at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the

donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and

take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the

animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon,

everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge

of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick

to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the

deepest wells simply by not stopping, never giving up! Shake

it off and take a step up.

Now, most people think that's the end, but it isn't.

The donkey later came back and bit the sh!t out of the farmer

who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected,

and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

So the real moral from today's lesson?

When you do something wrong and try to cover your ass, it

always comes back to bite you.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3307 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you