• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I paid off my welcome finance loan. It was a small unsecured loan taken out over two years. I haven't ever had any phone calls from them, and the only correspondence received was my yearly statement. I paid each month on time, which is why I think I was left alone.

I'll be leaving this forum now, something a lot of people will no doubt be happy about, but my parting message is this:

To all those who have genuinely been mis-sold a product, lied to or or been deliberately misled, I wish you the very best of luck in your claims.

And to those who knew exactly what they were getting in to, but chose to throw caution to the wind, or never really intended to pay the loan back in the first place (and they do exist - you know who you are), I hope welcome get back every penny they are owed.

bye x.

bye

:rolleyes:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THIS THREAD IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH WELCOME FINANCE

START YOUR OWN THREAD HERE:

Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

click down 1 page the NEW THREAD box is on the left

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

you need to start your own thread BP.

dx

and they

pointless threat-o-gram

be better if you post this on your existing? thread so we know the history

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

what has this got to do with welcome....

might be an idea to ditch all that and just put a link to the page.

and p'haps elsewhere.

dx

and they

Can anyone point me to a template letter to Welcome/Direct/Norwich Union for claiming back PPI please? I would really like to get this going but don't know where to start!

have you your own thread?

you need to do your spreadsheets first

then look at notes for claimants stickie on the PPI forum homepage.

dx

and they

would be better to post there then.

it will get bumped by your new post.

basically you need to do a spreadsheet of every ACTUAL payment of PPI you PAID and the date each month it was made on

then you charge them 8% stat int from that date to the date of your claim.

then follow the advice on any of the many welcome PPI threads.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

and they

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys,

will someone look at my thread 'welcome picks another vicitm'

thanks, needs some advise and action

link please.

but if they are offering 50% they know something is wrong with the agreement or ppi/charges are unlawfull.

dx

dx

and they

the grass needs cutting on their website.

dx

and they

??

not been reading much then...

yes you can everyone + 8% int!!

go get 'em!!

dx

and they

utter bull

get em back and dont forget the int from the date of the charge to the date of your claim. for EACH one

dx

and they

look in the dca templates letter sticky in that forum or on the homepage of cag

dx

• Haha 1

and they

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxx

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me charges and related interest which you have levied from my account over the last three years.

I consider that the regime of charges you operate is unfair within the Regulations as they are not individually negotiated, they operate in much the same way as charges operated by other High street banks and therefore there is little alternative to myself but to agree to the charges. Furthermore the charges are contrary to the requirement of good faith and fair dealing as they lack basic standards of commercial moral practice and take an unfair advantage of the weak bargaining power of the consumer. They impose a significant imbalance in the rights and obligations between the contracting parties which is to my detriment. I also consider that the charges may be unlawful at common law.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I took the loan. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law. Furthermore you are bound by the Banking Code to treat your customers fairly and it is evident that you do not so.

I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are unfair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them.

Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £xxx from me in three years.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter including 8% statutory interest and "capitalisation" that you apply.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above, I require that you remove the default entry and adverse comments from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable. I would remind you that the misuse of personal data in this way is contrary to the Data Protection Act and is probably defamatory.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I am fully aware of the waiver which you are presently relying upon and which was granted to you by the FSA. However, this is an internal industry matter and has nothing to do with with High street banks test case brought by the OFT.

I consider your charges a penalty and not unlawful under English law. It is one-sided and I note that you continue to levy charges and to enforce them despite the weight of judicial and popular opinion against you.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you dispute that I am entitled to a refund of these charges, then please let me know within the above timescale the basis upon which you dispute together with the reasons why you consider your charges to be fair.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall either forward my complaint to the FOS for mediation or send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

Stewie

I had limited success with this before. You think this should do the trick on these flippen charges, just winds me up they can do what they like.

just make sure you inc a spreadsheet of exactly what you want back inc int at 8% stat.

dx

and they

Any chance someone can have a look at my thread with Welcome, could do with some help with these crooks !

link?

dx

and they

goto the homepage

dx

and they

the 8% & the compensation goes to your pocket and they should not be touching that.

the rest [the PPI reclaim] can be used to off-set ARREARS only.

dx

and they

hi, dont no if any one can help me we had car finacne with welcome in 2008 we got the half way mark and wanted to voluntarily terminate the agreement!! i went to my local bramch it was put through told it was fine so i went and bought a new car............... 2 weeks later hadnt heard anyting tried to ring my branch no answer after constantly trying i went down there to find it had closed down but no-one told me!! so i didnt no how to contact welcome 2 weeks after that a get a call saying a behind on my payments i explain it and they put throgh the vt again and again im told its ok!! then 1 week later i get a call chasing money again i explained and he informed me i couldnt do the vt as i defaulted in november much to my suprise as i no i never have and have never recieved a letter saying this.... i told the "manager" that if he wouldnt allow me to vt i wouldnt be paying them anymore money as i had a new car and the car would either be sold or just sit there and rot!! he advised me to send a letter stating all my problems i did 3 weeks ago recorded delivery and havent heard a thing from them apart from a letter telling me my branch had closed i recieved the letter last week but it was dated februaury!!

if anyone has any advice it would be great

thanks

you need to start your own thread.

dx

and they

Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

scroll down a bit

and hit the blue new thread button on the left

dx

and they

Hi again,

Just spoken to FOS and told them all about it.

They said that I should write to them with all the details and then they would let me know what they think.

They could not give any answer to an outcome whether good or bad !!!

Also they don't have any such template letter.

Looks like WF may well get away with it although I am still in the jock seat as it's an unsecured loan and I suppose that I could stop paying them the agreed monthly amount until I get my money back this way.

I would rather not go down that route though.

I simply want a cheque with the distress compensation of £100.00 plus 8% interest.

Any thoughts guys?

Voda

how can someone have 310 posts without having their own thread.....

this really makes it diff to find out what has been advised and what has not.

the 8% stat is restitution as YOU have been deprived of the money they have unlawfully had from you.

as for 'what' the £100 compensation is..i cant see.

i'm certainly not looking through 170+ pages.

this thread needs closing and used for REFERENCE ONLY NOW.

with a note at the bottom pointing to a link

to click here to the start your own thread button!

dx

dx

and they

PS. The £100 Compensation is an award by WF for any distress and inconvenience as per their letter.

hehe what little fleecers

they give you compensation, makes them look good i suppose

but they take it back again.

these muppets never cease to amaze me...

dx

and they

Hi Steven,

These are the SAR's that I am sending to Welcome.

(1) Copies of the two Loan Agreements

(2) Copy of the Underwriting Sheet relating to the 1st Loan Agreement

(3) Copies of all Statements for both Loans

Are there any other SAR's that I need to send as I want to get this right and provide the FOS with all the correct information so they can look into my case.

This should help others on here too hopefully.

Cheers

Voda

ofcourse this doesn't mean you are sending more than ONE does it?

you only need to send 'an' SAR, it covers all their history on YOU in whatever form.

all you do to NAIL them down to supplying EXACTLY what you want.

is to do as you are doing

SPECIFICALLY mention those docs you are most interested in.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

if you have not got copies of all agreements add that in too.

dx

and they

quite honstly i wouldn't trust them as far as i could kick them

i've read several threads where once the SAR has returned, customers have found additional agreements were done by welcome when they 'asked for lower payments' etc etc.

put your known numbers in AND include a line about and any other agreements under my name etc.

also make SURE you include any old addresses that you might have lived at in your time with them.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

lg

you are quite correct to stop payments

i'd start your own thread

then things willnot get confused on this mass thread here.

dx

and they

hi guys

i have had a welcome loan for the last 2 years paying £132 a month

i have a year left to pay but really strugling to pay it now

what options do i have

start your own thread and post up the agreement

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks