Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cattles, the embattled plc whose brands include Welcome Car Finance, has had a knock back on negotiations for its survival.

The sub-prime lender, who closed Welcome Car Finance to new business after a £850m hole was discovered in the group's accounts, has failed to secure a survival deal with creditors.

A key group of bond-holders has pulled out of the negotiations, which were focused on who should get first claim on any funds if the group gets wound up in an orderly restructure.

Cattles said it will continue talks with other lenders.

BRING IT ON:lol::lol:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not always, in the same way, do you tell everyone what you get paid?

sales men work on commission basis.

In respect of the credit, charge etc, thats all well and good, but, heres a spanner in the works, cos i had a claim where the lender said that "they" funded the commissions and therefore while they showed on the underwriting sheet, they were not paid by the client at all.

We could not prove to the contrary.

If the company was "funding the commissions" and not the customer they should be able to show this in their accounting and audit procedures.

It is not something they could just list under sundries. If they are "funding" then it would be a cost to their business. In the same way as they would electric, stationary, rent etc.

However, if they are shown on an underwriting sheet they are for that single transaction.

Example

Income

Customer charged £100

Costs

Insurance product £50

Commission payments £10

Profit £40

This commission is obviously paid for by the customer as it is a cost of the product sold - Why else would it be on the underwriting sheet? The salesmans wages are not in there are they?

This is not "self financed" out of profits - it is financed by an additional charge for the product. (Again i believe - or it would not need to be on there)

If you go to Tesco and pay £1 for tin of beans that cost them 50p - they make 50p profit from the sale of those goods.

Other costs like staff wages, bonuses, rent, fuel, stationary etc - are paid for out of the profits from the sale of the products. That is self financed.

I find all this very disturbing and I really hope no one is lulled into a false sense of security. Its unlikely the slate will be wiped clean & we will be able to disappear into the sunset. If anyone has done a deal and either wiped their loan or had the full & final settlement reduced to peanuts please show your selves please to give all of us hope.

I think BGG is right. Welcome loans are Cattles assets and I think their only hope is to sell them for cash to get them out of the hole they are in. That means some other sharks will be chasing you for them.

I took Welcome on for a client, had the Charge removed, debt written off and funds repaid to the client on the basis that it was secured.

If they do go under, then it would be interesting to see who they sell their loan book to, as there are a number of flaws in the agreements i have seen, NOW THEN, i am not saying all welcome loans are unenforceable, lets be clear, but they do make errors.

Also id check the status of their CCA licence if they do go liquidation route, as if their licence is surrendered it becomes a criminal offence to sell it on without a licence.There was a case where someone went to prison, for unlicenced activity, i believe it was Hicks v Walker and Frank Reynolds Ltd -[1999] GCCR 721

• Confused 1

As to having a charge removed..... I have an agreement with Welcome which does not have a true copy of the agreement, the only charge is under a previous agreement (which is satisfied through the consolidated loan of which no true copy can be found), can I have this charge removed ?? How??

• 2 weeks later...

i am being harrassed by welcome finance since losing my job 6 months ago i have been paying them 30pound amonth since then which they are not happy with i dont know what to do as my husband is paying this money and money is really tight with him only working he says if the letters continue he will stop paying it i dont know what to do any help please

• 2 weeks later...

RNS Number : 8251U

Cattles PLC

22 October 2010

22 October 2010

CATTLES plc

INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT

INTRODUCTION

Cattles plc ("Cattles") today provides its Interim Management Statement covering the period since 30 June 2010.

Cattles announced its audited results for 2008 on 12 May 2010 and intends to announce its audited results for 2009 in the near future. The finalisation of the 2009 Annual Report and Financial Statements is closely linked to the progress made on the restructuring of the Group, which is set out below.

As referred to in the previous Interim Management Statement on 19 May 2010, shareholders should be aware that Cattles will be reporting a significant loss for the year ended 31 December 2009 and a negative value for shareholders' funds. Cattles continues to believe that its financial creditors are likely to suffer an aggregate loss of around £1 billion. Consequently, as previously stated on a number of occasions, Cattles continues to believe that the shares have little or no value.

The cash collection performance of the Welcome Finance ("Welcome") loan book has met forecast for the first nine months of 2010. Shopacheck and The Lewis Group have continued to make satisfactory progress during 2010.

CURRENT TRADING

A summary of the performance in 2010 for each of the Group's three businesses is set out below. All financial information for the nine months ended 30 September 2010 and as at 30 September 2010 and 31 December 2009 is unaudited.

Welcome

Welcome has historically provided direct repayment loans to more than half a million customers from a nationwide branch network. On 16 December 2009, the Cattles Board announced to shareholders that there would be no further lending in Welcome and that instead, the business would focus on a plan of collecting out Welcome's customer loans.

Welcome has been successful in implementing this cash collections strategy during 2010 and cash collected from customers in the first nine months of 2010 at £396.6 million met management's expectations.

Welcome has also taken steps to reduce its cost base:

· On 5 February 2010, the closure of 65 Local Management Branches and Local Collections Units was announced with a reduction in staff of 382

· On 7 May 2010, the closure of 18 branches was announced with a contraction in the current operations management and their support staff in line with the smaller number of branches. As a result, 139 employees left the business

· On 2 September 2010, a further 15 branches were closed and changes made to the administration of customer service. As a result, 64 employees have left the business, with a further 76 still at risk of redundancy

Welcome now operates from 102 branches and had a total workforce of 1,331 at 30 September 2010 (31 December 2009: 2,284).

Welcome's net book value of loans and receivables at 30 September 2010 amounted to £0.8 billion (31 December 2009: £1.1 billion).

Shopacheck

Shopacheck provides short-term home collected loans through a nationwide branch network and at 30 September 2010 had 223,000 customers (31 December 2009: 227,000 customers).

Shopacheck continues to lend to both new and existing customers, but in late 2009 it tightened its credit issuance criteria to improve credit quality in anticipation of the deteriorating economic environment. Despite lower volumes as a result of this decision, Shopacheck has made good progress during 2010 concentrating on growing its agency base and opening a number of new branches to be able to better serve its customers. Key performance indicators, which are in line with management's expectations, are as follows:

· 53,000 new customers during the first nine months of 2010

· New loans for the nine months ended 30 September 2010 were £67.3 million

· Collections for the nine months ended 30 September 2010 were £114.5 million

· Net book value of loans and receivables at 30 September 2010 was £54.0 million (31 December 2009: £64.3 million)

The business is now well placed to serve its customers and meet demand during the seasonal peak period.

The Lewis Group

The Lewis Group provides debt recovery and investigation services to external clients and both Welcome and Shopacheck.

In 2010, The Lewis Group has refocused its strategy on contingent debt collection. During 2009, The Lewis Group ceased acquiring debt portfolios, other than on forward flow contractual arrangements. Its commitment to acquire further debt was completed in August 2010. Key performance indicators are as follows:

· Cash collections in the nine months to 30 September 2010 were ahead of management's expectations at £76.3 million (2009: £70.9 million)

· Debt purchases in the nine months ended 30 September 2010 were £13.6 million (2009: £41.6 million)

· Purchased debt balances at 30 September 2010 were £130.8 million (31 December 2009: £145.2 million)

The Lewis Group has made progress in developing its contingent debt collection business during 2010 although this market remains highly competitive.

RESTRUCTURING

As previously announced, the Courts have finally determined that Cattles' claim against Welcome for its inter company debt ranks behind the claims of certain bank creditors. Clarification of this very important issue allowed all parties to accelerate their discussions about the restructuring of the Group's balance sheets.

Cattles, Welcome Financial Services Limited and other members of the Group continue to engage in discussions with representatives of certain of their key financial creditors and other stakeholders in order to progress proposals for a consensual restructuring.

Discussions presently envisage that, as part of a restructuring, Cattles would compromise its subordinated inter company claims against Welcome Financial Services Limited and other subsidiaries in the Group for not less than £39 million. Such compromise would occur in the event of a sale to a newly incorporated company of either: (i) the entire issued share capital of Cattles (at a price of up to 1p per share); or (ii) certain of its subsidiaries (including Welcome Financial Services Limited) for a nominal payment to Cattles (with no offer to Cattles' shareholders), in either case, together with a creditor scheme of arrangement of Welcome Financial Services Limited. Cattles would use the payment of not less than £39 million to meet its own costs and to compromise amounts it owes to its creditors (which at the last audited balance sheet date of 31 December 2008 totalled £2.8bn).

Those discussions remain constructive and demonstrate continuing progress towards a consensual restructuring of the Group although there remain a number of commercial, legal and regulatory issues to be resolved before any such restructuring can be finalised.

ENQUIRIES

Margaret Young, Executive Chairman, Cattles plc Tel: 020 7269 7252

Paul Felton-Smith, Finance Director, Cattles plc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Not sure how much this thread is looked at any more - I am a bit behind the times on WF.

However I just needed to share something with you that I received this week...

Well it's always interesting when I get a letter with WF's return address on it especially as I am Welcome free now.

The letter reads....

Some time ago you made a complaint about you payment protection insurance (PPI) policy. We upheld that complaint because we could not be satisfied that the PPI policy was suitable for you (actually I took you to court and you were ordered to repay but lets not split hairs! :whoo:)

As part of our normal quality (quality?? HA HA don't make me laugh) control process I have reviewed the outcome of your complaint. I see you had PPI policies attached to one or more other loans taken out with us, about which you did not complain.

If you would like me to re-consider your complaint, taking into account the other policies please complete the enclosed form and return this to me. This will enable me to investigate your complaint thoroughly and write to you with my findings

Yadda yadda yadda

Signed WF

Now I do not hold my breath but have returned my form... amusingly though I notice the first line of the return address to be THE PROJECT - indeed I can only assume that A PROJECT is as a result of interference or recommendations from an outside body - probably responding to the publication of them being in the top 5 for complaints about this kind of thing.

Has anyone else had a letter recently??

Hi Andi...

long time no speak, others seem to be receiving these letter too, take a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?282993-should-i-be-suspicious!!!-welcome-finance

and some of us are being passed around the DCA'S at the moment:-x

let us know how you get on!:-)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi BO2

I will keep you updated. Though I can pretty much predict the response will be something along the lines of..

"after a thorough review of your case we have decided that you were dealt with fairly and therefore not entitled to reclaim anything further" etc etc

WF do not give money away - this is what I would call due diligence

Hi Andie and welcome (pardon the pun) back.

Thet are now sending out offers on the PPI - They sent me one and it was crap - one for an account where i had been telling them their figures were wrong for last 12 months - now they defaulted me - then i find out in their new paperwork i was right.

Also am still trying to sort out my problem with the brokers fees - looks like it could be to court on that one.

I think you are right they - someone has got involved with the PPI and welcome are trying to clear the decks.

sent my things off to them couple weeks ago

had a car financed with them in 2006 and was lucky enough to be able to pay it back within 6 months thanks to a windfall

a lot back aswell including gap and ppi

after reading on here of the ppi i have applied to get mine refunded

fingers crossed and will keep you up to date

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks