Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a reminder - PPI may have been mis-sold ('may' means 'almost certainly' :rolleyes:) and should be repaid. However, I am also fully convinced that the PPI and any other insurance is also subject to hidden commissions which potentially makes the whole agreement void.

If you have PPI or other insurances, write and ask Welcome for the underwriting sheet or other documents concerning commissions. If they don't send them, then you should consider making an application to the courts under PR 31.16 for them.

Just a reminder - PPI may have been mis-sold ('may' means 'almost certainly' :rolleyes:) and should be repaid. However, I am also fully convinced that the PPI and any other insurance is also subject to hidden commissions which potentially makes the whole agreement void.

If you have PPI or other insurances, write and ask Welcome for the underwriting sheet or other documents concerning commissions. If they don't send them, then you should consider making an application to the courts under PR 31.16 for them.

so what would happen if your loan was paid up and you found secret commissions had been paid?

Hi All,

I fired off a letter last week, 17th June to be exact.

I want the charges applied to my loan for rubbish phone calls and worthless letters returned to me.

Looking at my statement I have been charged approx £130 to date. Excluding "capitalisation" or what ever they call it. I want that money returned to me.

I am almost certain they charge for phone calls confirming contact details etc. I dont have any arrears on the account currently.

Anyhow, to the point....I got a letter back this morning already! I couldnt believe it. This cant be the Welcome Finance I know and hate so much!

They refuse to refund me the costs of the calls and the letters, claiming I agreed to these fees when signing my loan agreement and they are well within rights to charge me administrative costs for missing payments or reminders that could result in the cancellation of the Direct debit.

Looking over my agreement, there is a section with the charges listed. So do I have an argument? Or should I leave this one be? Anyone else have any luck with this? I didnt use any template letter. I just winged it.

I know Andie got hers back as part of settlement, sneeky thing!

I dont think this is a standard template letter they send out either. Looks like a real signiture.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

utter bull

get em back and dont forget the int from the date of the charge to the date of your claim. for EACH one

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its not! its just registered its not trading from there you can ring 01274 853 890 and you can get CL Finance, Lewis Group, Howard Cohen, Welcome finance on this number ring them they are open till 8. same people. there is no welcome finance

Guest Cartaphilus
what reference do you need

I think he means what 'proof' have you of this? Also, is this tying into your finding people's bank statements left by Lewis Group next to your bin today. I've noted you have posted an awful lot in the meantime about all these companies in multiple threads about them.

hey milner

what do you mean you cant get a ccj or charging order, if people with secured loans stop paying I would assume it goes to the lewis group who would ccj you then get a charging order.

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

the problem is milner that you cannot make accusations without proof - that is potentially libel. I am therefore removing your post (and mine related to it) until you provide some proof.

does anyone have a good telephone harrassment letter as well as one about harrassing door step visits? have looked on CAG library but only see a telephone harrassment letter.

any help gratefully recieved. many thanks ;-)

Edited by pears23
spelling

look in the dca templates letter sticky in that forum or on the homepage of cag

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well WELCOME FINANCE CANNOT PUT A CHARGE ON YOUR PROPERTY OR CCJ YOU?

THEY CANNOT GO LEGAL! ITS ONLY PRELEGAL STUFF EMPTY THREATS

I beg to differ, I have a charge on my property executed legally enough for them to be beating me with it like a stick for 6 years!!! whilst trying to extort more money on top of a paltry loan, but you're right on one point, they won't or can't take court action but not because they haven't done everything quite legally, they have done enough in some cases, but because they don't want to get found out for the vast majority of things they haven't quite dotted the i's on...Pandora's box, they're trying to bury it before it's prised open by the honest consumers who have been screwed over...they have bigger things to hide than each person on this forums issues with them..and they are obviously being massaged by other companies to hide this, in case they all fall down, they are hanging onto RBS's hems and RBS anren't about to let them pull their trousers down because where would our government be then? who exactly allowed this unholy mess of 'legalised' sub prime credit to happen!? That's why they are still here, just, they're being held up by bigger greedier hands with more to lose then bad accounts.

Hi All,

I fired off a letter last week, 17th June to be exact.

I want the charges applied to my loan for rubbish phone calls and worthless letters returned to me.

Looking at my statement I have been charged approx £130 to date. Excluding "capitalisation" or what ever they call it. I want that money returned to me.

I am almost certain they charge for phone calls confirming contact details etc. I dont have any arrears on the account currently.

Anyhow, to the point....I got a letter back this morning already! I couldnt believe it. This cant be the Welcome Finance I know and hate so much!

They refuse to refund me the costs of the calls and the letters, claiming I agreed to these fees when signing my loan agreement and they are well within rights to charge me administrative costs for missing payments or reminders that could result in the cancellation of the Direct debit.

Looking over my agreement, there is a section with the charges listed. So do I have an argument? Or should I leave this one be? Anyone else have any luck with this? I didnt use any template letter. I just winged it.

I know Andie got hers back as part of settlement, sneeky thing!

I dont think this is a standard template letter they send out either. Looks like a real signiture.

Stewie

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxx

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me charges and related interest which you have levied from my account over the last three years.

I consider that the regime of charges you operate is unfair within the Regulations as they are not individually negotiated, they operate in much the same way as charges operated by other High street banks and therefore there is little alternative to myself but to agree to the charges. Furthermore the charges are contrary to the requirement of good faith and fair dealing as they lack basic standards of commercial moral practice and take an unfair advantage of the weak bargaining power of the consumer. They impose a significant imbalance in the rights and obligations between the contracting parties which is to my detriment. I also consider that the charges may be unlawful at common law.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I took the loan. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law. Furthermore you are bound by the Banking Code to treat your customers fairly and it is evident that you do not so.

I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are unfair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them.

Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £xxx from me in three years.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter including 8% statutory interest and "capitalisation" that you apply.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above, I require that you remove the default entry and adverse comments from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable. I would remind you that the misuse of personal data in this way is contrary to the Data Protection Act and is probably defamatory.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I am fully aware of the waiver which you are presently relying upon and which was granted to you by the FSA. However, this is an internal industry matter and has nothing to do with with High street banks test case brought by the OFT.

I consider your charges a penalty and not unlawful under English law. It is one-sided and I note that you continue to levy charges and to enforce them despite the weight of judicial and popular opinion against you.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you dispute that I am entitled to a refund of these charges, then please let me know within the above timescale the basis upon which you dispute together with the reasons why you consider your charges to be fair.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall either forward my complaint to the FOS for mediation or send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

Stewie

I had limited success with this before. You think this should do the trick on these flippen charges, just winds me up they can do what they like.

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks