Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just seen the funniest thing ever

Contact Centre Jobs and Careers, Welcome Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Administration

Check out the video "What does it take to be successful"

I almost fell of my chair. Apologies if you have seen this before.

always opportunities eh?! think not love i did a job search and not many came up :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the letter offering 50% I think you will they may go slightly further to about 65%. I am not sure if they know the agreement is unenforceable or if they just want the money fast. Obviously I received the same standard "this is your lucky day" letter.

Hi everyone,

I nearly fell off my perch this morning when I received this letter from Welcome's Customer Complaints Department in Ruddington, Nottingham...:eek:

I have never contacted them about the matter mentioned below although I did have another complaint about the way that one of the employees at my local branch spoke to me, that was dealt by them very satisfactorily.

Have they a conscience as far as I am concerned?

It seems that the new management are Spring Cleaning !!!

Dear xxxx

As part of our quality control process, we regularly check that our customers are being fairly treated. As part of this process, I have reviewed your records and I cannot be satisfied that the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy that you took out with your loan was suitable to you. I am concerned that you would not have been able to make an insurance claim against the PPI policy because of your age at the time the policy was sold.

I would like to make you an offer to compensate you for this. if you would like me to do this, please confim that the contact details that I have for you are accurate.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly, and if you have any questions please call me quoting our reference shown above.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx

Complaints Department

I called the person right away in Nottingham and they will be writing to me within 10 days giving me details of their compensation and apparently this compensation covers two loans that were repaid.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ???

PS. I still have an oustanding loan without PPI with them, can they knock their compensation off the amount that I still owe them.

Edited by Voda

Hi BC,

Sorry I did not reply earlier, been busy !!!

I am great thanks and enjoying the weather.

Take care hun.

Yep they have messed up big time.

Will get hold of Postggi to gain advice on what he did.

How you doing?

HI VODA

LETS SEE WHAT THEY OFFER YOU

WITH 8 % ON TOP

I still have an oustanding loan without PPI with them, can they knock their compensation off the amount that I still owe them.

THE ANSWER IS NO IF THE LOANS HAVE BEEN SETTLED, THEY CAN ASK, THATS ALL:):)

Hi Postie,

How are you?

The first loan with PPI was settled by my taking out a new higher loan with PPI. Then my financial problems began with this second loan and my local branch consolidated the debt to one of their 1% loans without PPI.

This is the one that I am repaying still at a much reduced but agreed amount with them. All interest and other charges are frozen.

So I presume that the two loans with PPI are, in fact, settled and that is why they have contacted me.

I will keep you and others updated.

Have a lovely weekend.

Voda

HI VODA

WITH 8 % ON TOP

I still have an oustanding loan without PPI with them, can they knock their compensation off the amount that I still owe them.

I AM POSTING THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ON PEOPLE DOING AN Subject access requestlink3.gif ON THESE JOKERS,

IS ASKS FOR SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS AND LEAVES THEM NO ROOM TO MOVE.

SEND TO

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIEVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal datalink3.gif which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 yearslink3.gif of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interestlink3.gif charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Steven,

I am sure you are right.

But it appears that there is a wind of change and greater professionalism at WF.

That letter shocked me to say the least.

Voda

Guilty conscience? Nah, can't possibly be

HI VODA

WITH 8 % ON TOP

If you ARE in arrears then yes they could argue that the compensation should be set against that loan but only to offset the actual arrears & no more

Hi JonCris,

H'mmmmmmmmmmmm !!

Looks like that I will not receive one penny then....:(

We shall see

Nite

Voda

If you ARE in arrears then yes they could argue that the compensation should be set against that loan but only to offset the actual arrears & no more

Hi JonCris,

H'mmmmmmmmmmmm !!

Looks like that I will not receive one penny then....:(

We shall see

Nite

Voda

Juts make sure the refund also includes a refund of their exorbitance interest

Well after 10 weeks since my last attempt at communication with WF, I finally heard from them....

My first annual "we're obliged to give you" statement. I've not heard anything from them with regards to wanting any monies from me or a default notice, though I think this statement is an early warning I'll be hearing more from them shortly.

Interesting fact to point out: there is only 1 charge of £20 for a failed DD on the statement. They have only received 4 monthly instalments for July Aug Sept and Oct 2009, followed by 9 weekly payments of £2 from Jan through April 2010.

Compared to some of the stories on here, this is a bit strange.

I'll update my own thread when something worthwhile happens.

Has anyone tried to re-claim the charges Welcome impose on accounts such as the £10 for a phone call and the £20 for a letter or missed direct debit?

I have a few and wondered if they are allowed to charge these.....Hmmm I am kind of looking for reasons to pick more of a fight with these guys.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

??

not been reading much then...

yes you can everyone + 8% int!!

go get 'em!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

??

not been reading much then...

yes you can everyone + 8% int!!

go get 'em!!

dx

Affraid I have not been reading enough :(

Do we have a sticky for this? Im trying to find threads where people have got this money back.

I got a call from Welcome the other day just confirming contact details, at the end of the chat he read of his script about the charges they levy on missed payments and phone calls. Suddenly I had a lightbulb moment.

Why would they be reminding people of this, Welcome do nothing without a reason.

So im hunting for threads regarding charges from suppliers, doesnt have to be Welcome, but would be good.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Has anyone tried to re-claim the charges Welcome impose on accounts such as the £10 for a phone call and the £20 for a letter or missed direct debit?

I have a few and wondered if they are allowed to charge these.....Hmmm I am kind of looking for reasons to pick more of a fight with these guys.

Stewie

I had all mine returned to the account but you can claim them + 8%

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Time for a rant, I feel, bit off topic but I am sure you will understand.

Over the last two week's I have received letters from Allied International Credit(UK)Ltd and Rockwell Debt Collection Agency relating to debts that are "Time Expired".

Of course, I ignore them (and in the past they go away and give up ) but then I get a phone call from Rockwell and put the phone down once they told me who they were.

I have now instructed my Phone Company to change my number.

It's time that Government legislated against these parasitic companies from contacting people after the debt is no longer valid.

The type of individuals who run and work for these firms should get proper jobs and not harrass individuals who have hit hard times.

So Debt Collection Agencies are at the top of my list of most hated organisations and people.

Have a great days folks and thank heavens for this forum ....:D

Voda

A debt would become expired after 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980.

The Limitations Act 1980 outlines the time limit within which a creditor can chase a debtor for outstanding debts. The Limitations Act 1980 only applies when no contact has been made between the creditor and debtor within the given time limit and only applies to residents of England and Wales.

Creditors are given a fixed period of time to chase their debtors, which is outlined in the Limitations Act 1980. The time scale mainly depends on the type of debt and can be extended at the courts discretion. The time limit begins when you last admitted owing the money or made a payment.

Should the creditor fail to maintain contact with the debtor, for a period of 6 years or more, it is possible to claim that the outstanding debt is "Statute Barred" under the conditions of the Limitations Act 1980

Some info on Rockwell:

Name: Rockwell Debt Collection

Also Known As: Rockwell Southend on Sea, Rockwell Debt Dollectors, Rockwell Debt Agency Ltd.

Address: PO Box 66, Southend on Sea, SS1 2GX

Telephone: 0870 6060807 (but you shouldn't phone them)

Fax: Not known

Email: Not known

Extra Data: Apparently they are part of Tessera (q.v.)

rockwell.jpg

Rockwell and the Truth About Your Debt

rockwell-debt.jpg

Rockwell Debt Collectors Limited is a debt collecting agency that has bought the debt from the original lender (or in some cases another debt collecting agency) for a small percentage of the original value of the account and is brazenly attempting to get the full sum of the original from you.

Rockwell Debt Collectors Ltd will use all sorts of nasty methods to extort money out of you in order to profit from you. You may already have experienced bad and terrifying experiences of them. They may phone you at strange times when they know it is inconvenient for you and on an unacceptably numerous number of occasions. They may send you official-appearing sternly drafted letters or cards threatening to send people round and collect the money in full or that they will take you to court for the full amount. Other strategies may include saying that they will make a charging order on your home or in some way bring about your homelessness or destitution.

4th.jpg

So ask Rockwell for a copy of the original contract when you took out your loan or credit card.

Even better, start an unenforceable credit agreement application enquiry. It costs nothing to do this and you are protected by the consumer credit laws.

Edited by Voda
Spelling mistake

This is the Nooooooooooz!

TLG are taking on closed branch debts. Possibly being groomed to be the owners of long term debts once WFS winds up.

Compliance may be offering all customers PPI refunds unsolicited very soon, just to annoy the cold calling leech agencies and avoid further FOS fines....and no, nobody is especially bothered about picking up the phone on the PPI team...get to the back of the queue.

Bigwigs still claim that full wind up is still around 18 months off. The just-around-the-corner winding up view expressed on this forum is nothing but wishful thinking...yes the new FD wound up Yes Loans, but RBS still wants that cash rolling in.

I no longer care because I've left. Lolololol. Escape from Jeremy Kyle customer account managment hell! Woo!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks