• Tweets

• hope everyone can see this (might be issues if not UK connection)   Post Office lawyer was a jack of all trades, but failed his own | ... WWW.COMPUTERWEEKLY.COM Post Office IT scandal inquiry hears how a lawyer was at the centre of the Post Office’s attempts to prevent problems with its IT system...  
    • as if a lawyer, let alone a senior one wouldn't have full documentation - if she claims she hasn't - claw back all the payments made to her   https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/post-office-inquiry-live-former-gc-susan-crichton-gives-evidence/5119453.article?clearcache=1
    • Id start by submitting a formal Subject Access Request to the local authority. State that you want all data including telephone recordings.   They'll have a month to provide you with the data and recordings then
    • a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type most doorstepper threats are usually just that. however if you want a good giggle if they do turn up to collect your doorstep. get your phone. film them do not engage simply state leave my property now and never return else i'll call police 101. ideally you should have been reading up during this +18mts sage. then you'd already know. dx  
    • you do not need a sep accredited jewellers report..how stupid. stop believing things someone says face to face that they would never put in writing. the judge would eat them for breakfast if they did, dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh!! forgot to mention

RBS AND BARCAP!!!

ALL IN EACH - OTHERS BACK POCKET AND BROWN HOLE!!!!!!

SORRY RANT OVER ....BACK TO MORE SCANNING FOR THE FOS;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Change of Finance Director

RNS Number : 0198N

Cattles PLC

03 June 2010

Cattles plc

Change of Finance Director

Cattles plc ("Cattles") announces that James Drummond Smith will resign as a

Director and Finance Director of Cattles with effect from the conclusion of

Cattles' forthcoming Annual General Meeting to be held on 29 June 2010.

He was appointed as interim Finance Director in April 2009 with a view to

producing the 2008 Annual Report and Financial Statements, which has now been

completed.

The Board intends to appoint Paul Felton-Smith to the Board of Cattles as

Finance Director. Mr Felton-Smith will join Cattles on 7 June 2010 and has

agreed to join the Board as Finance Director immediately after the forthcoming

Annual General Meeting, subject to the approval of the Financial Services

Authority. Mr Felton-Smith is an experienced finance director with over 25

years of financial and management expertise in a variety of sectors,

particularly in companies undergoing financial and operational restructuring.

His most recent assignments have been as CFO of Lupus Capital plc and prior to

that as CFO of Metronet Rail. He also acted as Finance Director for Yes Car

Credit (a sub-prime motor finance company) during the run-off of its loan book

in 2006/2007.

Margaret Young, Executive Chairman of Cattles, said:

"The Board would like to place on record its thanks for Jamie's enormous

contribution over the last year. He joined us at a particularly challenging

time and over the last year has made a substantial contribution to dealing with

the wide range of issues faced by Cattles, including the recent finalisation of

the 2008 accounts.

We are delighted to have found such an able and experienced successor for the

Finance Director role and look forward to working with Paul Felton-Smith."

For further information, please contact:

Margaret Young, Executive Chairman, Cattles plc

020 7269 7252

Paul Marriott, Financial Dynamics

Me thinks they are going to go to their agm and say they are doingnexactly what yes car credit did i.e. Run offntheir current loan bookmand wind it up......hence getting the man in that did it for yes car.

why would they do that otherwise? And it's funny because in reading back through their announcement of Jamie taking over there is no mention at all of him only being there in the interim to get their 2008 accounts out....

I Did Say Give It Six Months

Not The Three Years Cattles Was Quoting

I Realy Do Believe Cattles Only Has A Few Months Left Now

They Just Cant Get Any Funding

Yes Car Director HaS links With Godebt

A small victory!

After much letter writing and complaining to CRAs, Welcome about a default date on my credit files being blatantly changed from 2003 to 2008...in February this year!! and welcome sending a letter to myself and cras stating this was true and accurate even though no further defaults were issued since 2003, well not to me I contacted the ICO and finally, finally someone is protecting the consumer! An apologetic letter from Welcome (you could tell it was begrudged in tone) saying the complaint is upheld, now explanation why they changed the dates willy nilly but hopefully the ICO will slap them on the wrist for that. Also they have offered to cut my existing loan, which I have not made payment to for nearly two years now, and never been asked? they are apparently knocking a few grand off it as a gesture of goodwill, still to have a statement of account to that effect though, but definitely a change in attitude.

so! not a great outcome but they can't keep tarnishing my credit files so WHOOP!!! I'll take that to start with! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

A small victory!

After much letter writing and complaining to CRAs, Welcome about a default date on my credit files being blatantly changed from 2003 to 2008...in February this year!! and welcome sending a letter to myself and cras stating this was true and accurate even though no further defaults were issued since 2003, well not to me I contacted the ICO and finally, finally someone is protecting the consumer! An apologetic letter from Welcome (you could tell it was begrudged in tone) saying the complaint is upheld, now explanation why they changed the dates willy nilly but hopefully the ICO will slap them on the wrist for that. Also they have offered to cut my existing loan, which I have not made payment to for nearly two years now, and never been asked? they are apparently knocking a few grand off it as a gesture of goodwill, still to have a statement of account to that effect though, but definitely a change in attitude.

so! not a great outcome but they can't keep tarnishing my credit files so WHOOP!!! I'll take that to start with! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Fab news about time we as consumers got listened to!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

yeah they were nice enough to send me a default notice at the weekend

:mad: i received my quarterly default sums notice too....the figures don't even tally with the last one :eek:. but no statement to check it against:!:

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

I'm working with a friend and he got a DN from them despite (because of?) the fact that he has ongoing court proceedings against Welcome

I was defaulted AFTER SETTLEMENT - because they hadn't paid THEMSELVES off!!! :rolleyes:

My default has since been removed though :)

hi guys,

will someone look at my thread 'welcome picks another vicitm'

thanks, needs some advise and action

link please.

but if they are offering 50% they know something is wrong with the agreement or ppi/charges are unlawfull.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just a quick one here, Anyone had it where they have asked for payment for a CCA and SAR after they have accepted it already and sent a letter saying it is processing? They have cashed the POs already and I have the records to say they signed for the letters they were included in.

If so, any template/suggestions on what to write back as it is well outside their timeframe for the CCA now and I think they are plying for time?

Just seen the funniest thing ever

Contact Centre Jobs and Careers, Welcome Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Administration

Check out the video "What does it take to be successful"

I almost fell of my chair. Apologies if you have seen this before.

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Just seen the funniest thing ever

Contact Centre Jobs and Careers, Welcome Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Administration

Check out the video "What does it take to be successful"

I almost fell of my chair. Apologies if you have seen this before.

HAHAHAHAHAHA THATS THE FUNNIEST FILM EVER, OH MY GOD!"!!!!! the only good thing about all the video clips was the bubble gum machine, there is no helpful communication and they certainly do not consider the customer as being important, if that were true then i would not have a rep screaming down the phone at me when they sodded up their payment dates, oh my god, he was literally screaming at me, i have the call recorded and i intend to keep it haha :)

the grass needs cutting on their website.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks