Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dizzle

Check the agreements carefully. You say the refinced loan has no insurance on it but I bet you are still paying the premium fom the original PPI

What should we be looking for? :???: I have tried to obtain information as to how the figure for re-written loan agreement was arrived at but to no avail! :Cry:

grateful for any information

Slowly Welcome is going under. Would be useful to know how many staff and branches are left as well as the size of their loan book.

I'm an recently ex-employee, with plenty of friends still there to keep me updated. I don't hate them, but certainly would never have been dumb enough to take a loan with them. Here's the skinny.

130-150 branches still....the ones who collect the hardest. Another 24-30 months is still being given as the time scales to WFS closure...RBS wants as much money back as it possibly can and is still fully backing their continued and intensified collections operations.

While permenant branch staff are being culled and branches shut, the accounts are being transferred to the CCU in Nottingham....a massive growing operation staffed by a combination of dwindling ex-sales staff, fixed term workers and a never ending supply of agency temps. To give you an idea of the scale, it is nearly three times as big staff-wise than the sales department at it's peak. Big bonus carrots for who collects the most money back, New York trips..the works. While branches have gone, staffing levels for the moment have INCREASED.

Your friendly neighbourhood Lewis Group are are not folding like WFS, and most likely will get sold on complete with a big wodge of the WFS debts that extend far beyond the 2 year timescale, and will be running the accounts for a long while after WFS is gone. New pilot has been launched this week, to take a bigger share of back-end (skips, hardcore non-payers) delinquents, with WFS and TLG for the first time working very closely in terms of staffing. This is to free up the regular staff to intensify front-end (easy to collect) collections for the closed branches.

A they also sold a load of debts to a company called MKDP aka Tradepro a couple of months back. This is a real 3rd party sale, not just a sister company like TLG...if your account is with them WFS staff won't talk to you aside from giving you the number.

Tens of thousands of default notices are going out every month now...and the tolerance level is rapidly decreasing in terms of how many months arrears will trigger one. 3 months arrs on an HP and it's hello Mr Uplift man if you under 1/3s.

The good news for you is that WFS can't even be bothered contesting PPi claims anymore (apart from the thousands of claims from customers who didn't even get it sold to them!)...£500 quid fines per case from the Fuzz...sorry..FOS have made even legitimate PPi sales financially unviable to challenge.

Pip pip...til my next update.

I'm an recently ex-employee, with plenty of friends still there to keep me updated. I don't hate them, but certainly would never have been dumb enough to take a loan with them. Here's the skinny.

Tens of thousands (wow, really? are there any non-delinquent accounts left?) of default notices are going out every month now...and the tolerance level is rapidly decreasing in terms of how many months arrears will trigger one. 3 months arrs on an HP and it's hello Mr Uplift man if you under 1/3s.

The good news for you is that WFS can't even be bothered contesting PPi claims anymore (apart from the thousands of claims from customers who didn't even get it sold to them!)...£500 quid fines per case from the Fuzz...sorry..FOS have made even legitimate PPi sales financially unviable to challenge.

Pip pip...til my next update.

Nice to see an ex Welcome employee making a balanced, and helpful post on here. Thank you.

I'm not adverse to paying back *some* money to them- I did take a loan out, so of course, I should repay. However £2500 has turned into nearly £5000 in less than 2 years. Due to long term unemployment I'm now 6 months in arrears, but still no default notice. I made an offer to pay £2 a week whilst I am on benefits, which appeared to suit them for a while, but now they've stopped cashing my cheques so I have stopped sending them. I wrote a letter 6 weeks ago and am waiting for a response before moving forward with them. I can only assume the delay is down to their restructuring.

If I claimed back PPI on the original loan, would the amount due be offset against the arrears of the refinanced loan? (Not a horrible thing to happen, it might give me some breathing space!)

Gandalf- can you shed any light on why WFS are not reporting to Credit Reference Agencies for quite a few customers? Especially those with refinanced loans? Cheers.

Excellent Gandalf & thanks your insight is most welcome (no pun intended) It also explians why a non defaulting customer should be phoned & it be 'suggested' that they might like to increase their payment by £100 per month "cos if you pay it off sooner you'll pay less interest" doh!:rolleyes:

The lender Cattles has revealed that it recorded losses of £745 million in 2008, £190 million more than its first estimate, after absorbing a bad debt charge.

well then, that took two years to get released, nothing new though

now whats this absorbing a bad debt charge

new one on me that, ime surprised ive not come into that bit of news

now who owns this bad debt

lewis

cl finance

any takers or is it just

CREATIVE ACOUNTING AGAIN

MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP

So does that mean you can put your account into dispute until they send you the copy of the underwriting sheet?
No - it is only in dispute (IMHO) if they have failed to comply with a s77 request
What should we be looking for?
What you should be looing for is the amount of the loan. I suspect you will find that the loan amount is inconsistent with it just covering the remains of the original loan amount. It will almost certainly contain the remains of the PPI (or other insurance policy) premium(s) too.

Hi Guys,

Im just looking for a bit of advice. I took out a loan with welcome when I was a student and I've been paying it off for the last wee while.

My credit rating was pretty bad at the time but , never missed a payment etc.

Just had a call from them today and the bloke basically suggested I go get a loan elsewhere at a much lower APR to clear my debt. It just struck me as odd that they would do this and reading on this site I can see the company is having trouble.

Im not sure how things work when a company like this winds up - Are they just trying to get me to settle before they have to write it off?

Is it that my loan agreement is invalid (as some people talked about above) and I should try and get it voided?

Whats my next move??

Thanks in anticipation of any help!

What should we be looking for? :???: I have tried to obtain information as to how the figure for re-written loan agreement was arrived at but to no avail! :Cry:

grateful for any information

i too have been trying to get this information off them but no joy,i got a call today offering to reduce my payments as long as i set up a direct debit

What should we be looking for?
Pears

If you would like to PM me with the following information, I will tell you what I think the refinanced loan amount should be:

Amount of first loan

Amount of PPI and other insurance premiums (if any)

Number of repayments

Monthly repayment amount

Date loan was taken out

Date loan was refinanced

Steven

Pears

If you would like to PM me with the following information, I will tell you what I think the refinanced loan amount should be:

Amount of first loan

Number of repayments

Monthly repayment amount

Date loan was taken out

Date loan was refinanced

Steven

i,ll dig all the information out and send it to you.

i know how busy you guys are but do you mind if i pm you with a question regaurding my account with welcome i dont want to post it on here to pre warn them

After todays news regarding Cattles I am amazed they are allowed to carry on trading at all...It seems they are allowed to do whatever they like regardless.

Utter shambles and with RBS being owned by us it is a disgrace.

This lot are clearly allowed to get away with murder in the financial business it seems without punishment !!!!!!

Pears

Amount of first loan

Number of repayments

Monthly repayment amount

Date loan was taken out

Date loan was refinanced

Steven

will do, thanks. In info also on my thread............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/226802-welcome-finance-misols-insurances.html

cheers

After todays news regarding Cattles I am amazed they are allowed to carry on trading at all...It seems they are allowed to do whatever they like regardless.

Utter shambles and with RBS being owned by us it is a disgrace.

This lot are clearly allowed to get away with murder in the financial business it seems without punishment !!!!!!

What I missed PWG??

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

pwg, my understanding of this is that the bulk of Welcome's loans were probably short term. 2, 3 maybe 4 years, car loans and personal loans. Since they stopped lending in 2009 that means these loans will have run their normal course by 2012/2013. Therefore it is Welcome's intention to collect these loans over the normal course of their life.

As for those of us who have longer term loans (I guess most probably secured loans), we will most probably find ourselves with someone else owning the loan, and we will have to make our payments (or not!) to them.

For those loans where there is some sort of dispute Welcome will have 2 options really. The first is to agree to write them off. The second would be to sell them to companies that are prepared to buy them, the latter being aware of the problems they are likely to be inheriting. It will be their call as to whether they think they will be able to collect enough money to make a profit on their purchase. You may think that is unlikely, however there are many more non-CAGgers than CAGgers in this country, and they would probably only have to collect 20% (maybe less) of the book value of the loans they purchased to make that profit.

The second would be to sell them to companies that are prepared to buy them, the latter being aware of the problems they are likely to be inheriting.
I seriously doubt that!

Welcome to Cattles plc

We are a financial services group operating in the UK non-standard consumer credit and debt recovery markets.

Important information On 12th May 2010, we announced our financial results for the year ended 31 December 2008. However, trading in Cattles shares on the London Stock Exchange is still suspended.

It is likely that shares will remain suspended until our 2009 accounts have been audited and signed off and any restructuring agreed with our lenders. However, even then, they are likely to have little or no value.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks