Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No I don't believe a word they say, especially when my DH was sent a pretend termination of HP agreement. DH had a home visit and I told her we aren't paying for something that's been cancelled, "It hasn't been cancelled, only terminated so don't worry about it and keep on paying" She said. I thought WTF? Same difference to me, cancelled, terminated, ended etc.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I don't believe a word they say, especially when my DH was sent a pretend termination of HP agreement. DH had a home visit and I told her we aren't paying for something that's been cancelled, "It hasn't been cancelled, only terminated so don't worry about it and keep on paying" She said. I thought WTF? Same difference to me, cancelled, terminated, ended etc.

:lol: :lol: sorry im not laughing at you but how the hell they work that out its not cancelled its terminated hmm really :lol: :lol: tell that one to the judge welcome thats an awesome response

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I NOW OFFICIALLY LOVE WELSCUM FINANCE!!! THEY`RE GREEEAAAAATTTTT!!!

As tony would Say!!! LMFAO :-D:grin::D ROFL

Cheers, MARK

Hi Voda - it's been a long time!

As you know came to a settlement with WF last October - STILL WAITING FOR IT!

The finally wrote to me in Feb confirming the figures (they were wrong) but still this has never materialised.

They then defaulted my account with the wrong figures - not applied the refund they had agreed to.

I restarted payments direct to their bank account in March - I basically wrote to them and said this is what is outstanding on my agreement minus the refund this is what I will pay you any problems with this let me know.

Heard nothing at all after that until get a FINAL DEMAND from our good friends Lewis Group - for guess what? the full amount with no refund!

Funny Funny!!!

Contacted the lovely Lewis and to spelled it out to them invalid default etc - their first reply was thanks for your complaint but we are ignoring it kind of letter - I then managed to get a contact for a supervisor there and to give her credit she has promised to look into it and why they even have the account anyway.

So we shall see wonder if WF will reply to their own partners?

Well 2 weeks today since I have the "we have sent an email to WF and as soon as they reply we will get back to you" response

and guess what???

NOTHING

Yep it seems that they can't even reply to their own business partners!

FOS complaint is going to be sent about the failure of the promised refund and a complaint to OFT about Lewis Group involvement when I believe they have no legal right.

Now just need to work on the invalid default - but if compliance are being made redundant who do you face in court anymore?????

Maybe I should test it??

Oh you haven't heard the half of it lol.

On Monday a bloke turned up to take the car, my DH was upstairs and didn't hear the door, anyway and admitedly he shouldn't have but my 4 year old answered the door ( he did put the chain on) and told the man daddy is upstairs.

Next thing DH knew the coppers were at the door, this bloke thought the kids were 'home-alone'. My DH said "Are you with him about the car"?

"No the man reported the kids as being home alone" Any way the bloke said he'd come to repo the car, "Not without a court order you won't" said DH. The car's parked on our front garden, "OK we'll get a court order then" and off he trotted.

We haven't heard anything so far, and don't care tbh but if they want to take the car then they can do it properly with the proper paperwork and not the ficticious stuff they churn out.

I just think the bloke wanted to get to speak to DH, I've told the children that just because someone knocks at the door doesn't mean you have to answer it, the same goes if the phone rings ( which it doesn't since I've turned it off at the power)

Oh what fun lol.

Oh you haven't heard the half of it lol.

On Monday a bloke turned up to take the car, my DH was upstairs and didn't hear the door, anyway and admitedly he shouldn't have but my 4 year old answered the door ( he did put the chain on) and told the man daddy is upstairs.

Next thing DH knew the coppers were at the door, this bloke thought the kids were 'home-alone'. My DH said "Are you with him about the car"?

"No the man reported the kids as being home alone" Any way the bloke said he'd come to repo the car, "Not without a court order you won't" said DH. The car's parked on our front garden, "OK we'll get a court order then" and off he trotted.

We haven't heard anything so far, and don't care tbh but if they want to take the car then they can do it properly with the proper paperwork and not the ficticious stuff they churn out.

I just think the bloke wanted to get to speak to DH, I've told the children that just because someone knocks at the door doesn't mean you have to answer it, the same goes if the phone rings ( which it doesn't since I've turned it off at the power)

Oh what fun lol.

I've been thru this exact scenario myself!

The reason for the police is because they try to use it as their defence for coming on to your premises to repo the car. "The police did not express any concern with their intention to remove the car" What nonsense!!

So basically they're trying to use the Police as a get out clause. If the police didn't stop them it must be legal!! That's Welcome logic for you :D

All they'll do now is pass it on to a less scrupulous recovery company who will come on to your premises and take your car. Just make sure the Police are present when they do this, (they make very credible witnesses), and don't give the keys or log book.

The police will only attend to prevent breach of the peace, they'll refuse to get involved in civil matters. It's only the court that has powers with civil proceedings and that's exactly where you need to go :D

I have a court date with them for this exact reason :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/242261-car-repossessd-off-private.html

dont know why you guys dont latch onto the case of R v Turner (No 2) [1971] 1 WLR 901.

It confirms that a person can be guilty of theft of property that belongs to them

so by taking the car they are commiting a criminal act

dont know why you guys dont latch onto the case of R v Turner (No 2) [1971] 1 WLR 901.

It confirms that a person can be guilty of theft of property that belongs to them

so by taking the car they are commiting a criminal act

I went down this route in the beginning but I couldn't for the life of me get the police to agree or take action with regard a criminal act. I took it all the way to the IPCC and all they would say is "civil, civil, civil!"

it is not civil at all, there is a case authority that says to take property belonging to another, even if you own title to it, is theft, and the police must act and arrest the person guilty of the offence.

it is not civil at all, there is a case authority that says to take property belonging to another, even if you own title to it, is theft, and the police must act and arrest the person guilty of the offence.

I know it is criminal and it is theft but how do we convince the police of that?? They were absolutely abominable in my case, wouldn't listen to a damn word I had to say!

show them the case authority that supports you, then they must act

I've already submitted my claim against Welcome, but do you think that maybe I have a case against the police for not acting the way they should have at the time??

When I made my complaint to the IPCC it was sort of hinted to me that I might be able to sue them for allowing the repo to place. I've told them that I'm dealing with Welcome first but when that case is concluded I may consider taking further action against the police and they said that would be fine.

Hi everyone, am new to this particular board and just have one small question for you Welcome experts out there:)

My brother-in-law settled his account with these crooks last year. After borrowing £5,000 he ended up paying back something close to £15,000. Anyway, I was just wondering, is there any way he can claim back the ridiculous charges he was forced to pay, or anything at all under the new CCA 1974 even though the account is now settled and closed?

Thanks guys.

Hi everyone, am new to this particular board and just have one small question for you Welcome experts out there:)

My brother-in-law settled his account with these crooks last year. After borrowing £5,000 he ended up paying back something close to £15,000. Anyway, I was just wondering, is there any way he can claim back the ridiculous charges he was forced to pay, or anything at all under the new CCA 1974 even though the account is now settled and closed?

Thanks guys.

Hello, I'm fairly certain he can still claim back charges even tho the account is settled. Was there any PPI on the account?? He may be able to claim that back too if it was missold. I know you can still claim bank and credit card charges after they are settled so I don't see why it should be different for loans. But please check with others first.

He needs to do a subject access request to see exactly what's what as a start point.

Hi Prudence, sounds like a very familiar situation with an old debt effectively being left on your credit files that will cripple you for a number f years until it drops off. The thing to try here, given the strength of your situation, is to write to the DCA concerned (assuming they own the debt after an absolute assignment) and demand that all entries relating to this debt are removed from all CRA's immediately.

State that unless they can substanatiate this information with all appropriate paperwork (guessing they can't if they failed in court already) then you'll commence litigation against them for damages resulting from breach of the data protection act, unlawful rescission of contract and resultant injury to credit as they are both holding and maintaining information about you on those records that is innaccurate and damaging. Allow them 10 working days to respond in full with their decision and ensure you ask them to not just amend any info but to competely remove all entries relating to it. If you get stuck with this and struggle to word it all in a letter let me know and I'll post one I composed and used a while back to get a DCA to remove an old entry. They responded immediately (Cabot) and confirmed they would be removing all entries, apologising for the 'oversight' as well.

It can work but if they flatly refuse you may need to consider another LBA type letter to warn them and then possibly consider litigation if you feel strongly enough that the DCA should remove the info.

This is of course a big step to take and will be based on the individualities of your previous runnings with them as you'll know exactly what they failed to provide before meaning you'll be able to assess your chances of succeeding with this and more importantly perhaps the amount of resistance they might put up (will they fold or actually be willing to argue the case in court).

If they lost their case with you earlier then I suspect they'd be unwilling to go back and are more likely to fold before it goes to court, depsite initial actions they may make suggesting they will defend.

Thankyou very much emandicole, your reply is much appreciated. Apologies for delay in replying but have not been able to log in for a while. We did write to WF themselves after the case re the removal of data but they refused. We have in the last few days received a letter from WF to say they have passed the account on to MKDPLLP. We have not had any contact from MKDPLLP yet. Shall we write to them? The finance with WF was taken out in 2005, will this drop of our records in 2011?

Hi again, just to add to the reply to wannabedebtfreesoon, I've checked and my brother in law did have PPI with Welcome. They charged £980 when he first took out a £3,000 loan with them in April of 2004. Then in November of 2004 he borrowed an additional £700 and again they charged another £1258 for PPI. Surely this can be reclaimed?

Thanks

It was after reading another thread on here that I told DH about which made him move the car onto the garden from the street.

It will be interesting to see what their next move is, do you think they will actually go to court? The thing is these Default notices and termination of HP letters had insufficient dates or 'without prejudice' on them so as far as I'm concerned they haven't legally terminated anything so what can they go to court with as an argument?

It's all good fun.

Hi again, just to add to the reply to wannabedebtfreesoon, I've checked and my brother in law did have PPI with Welcome. They charged £980 when he first took out a £3,000 loan with them in April of 2004. Then in November of 2004 he borrowed an additional £700 and again they charged another £1258 for PPI. Surely this can be reclaimed?

Thanks

Well it depends, did he ever use the PPI? Was it missold? Was he told it was compulsory? He is well within his rights to reclaim PPI as long as he has good grounds for claiming it was missold, which isn't usually hard with Welcome!

It was after reading another thread on here that I told DH about which made him move the car onto the garden from the street.

It will be interesting to see what their next move is, do you think they will actually go to court? The thing is these Default notices and termination of HP letters had insufficient dates or 'without prejudice' on them so as far as I'm concerned they haven't legally terminated anything so what can they go to court with as an argument?

It's all good fun.

It is, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

It is actually in your best interest to let the termination stand. Just because it was unlawful doesn't mean you can't accept it ;-)

A termination on the back of a dodgy DN means they can only collect the arrears as stated on the DN and that's it.

I don't expect to see them in court, their only feeble defence to date has been that the police didn't stop them. Which I doubt is going to stand up in court!

If they defend and lose in court I'm sure once it's in the press there will be thousands of cases coming out of the woodwork! That won't be very constructive to a company already losing billions :rolleyes:

They'll do everything they can to avoid admitting liability.

Not that I wouldn't just love to see them in court :-D

Yep, on speaking to him it sounds like it was definitely mis-sold. He was told he couldn't have the loan without it! Interestingly, he got a settlement figure about 5 months before he actually paid it off (he's still looking for the actual settlement figure from when he paid them off) but the one from 5 months prior lists a rebate of the PPI at £178!! That can't be right?! I've also noticed through his statements over £320 in charges. At one stage they sent him a letter on the 2nd of every month reminding him of his due date that month and charged him £10 for the privilege each time, even though he never asked him to do this!! They also sent him a letter telling him they were charging him £10 for a telephone call they had to make to him the previous month and, yep, you guessed it, would be charging him another £10 for the letter telling him about the telephone call £10. Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy!!!!:confused:

Thanks wannabe, so what about the car now then? Do we just let is sit in the garden until they get a court order to take possession? Is it totally their responsibility now?

I want to have all the answers ready lol

Yep, on speaking to him it sounds like it was definitely mis-sold. He was told he couldn't have the loan without it! Interestingly, he got a settlement figure about 5 months before he actually paid it off (he's still looking for the actual settlement figure from when he paid them off) but the one from 5 months prior lists a rebate of the PPI at £178!! That can't be right?! I've also noticed through his statements over £320 in charges. At one stage they sent him a letter on the 2nd of every month reminding him of his due date that month and charged him £10 for the privilege each time, even though he never asked him to do this!! They also sent him a letter telling him they were charging him £10 for a telephone call they had to make to him the previous month and, yep, you guessed it, would be charging him another £10 for the letter telling him about the telephone call £10. Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy!!!!:confused:

That's outrageous! This company are an absolute nightmare!

If I were him I'd claim back all charges and PPI, I'm sure if you have a browse around you'll find loads of threads relating to the same thing.

Thanks wannabe, so what about the car now then? Do we just let is sit in the garden until they get a court order to take possession? Is it totally their responsibility now?

I want to have all the answers ready lol

It's entirely up to you how you want to play it. I don't know your personal circumstances regarding why you stopped paying and what you want to do, i.e. make some arrangement to keep the car or not.

Personally, I would just carry on using the car as normal and keep it parked on your premises.

It is possible, but not likely, that they will get a court order but that in itself is a whole different procedure and you will still have options if it comes down to it.

It's also likely that they will come on to your premises to take the car, but that will be illegal and give you the chance to take them to court :D

The problem is it will be a long process until they do something. I put my account in to dispute in March 2009 and they didn't repo until January 2010. In all that time life was difficult, not knowing if my car was still going to be there every day or not.

I suppose it's different if you are more prepared for it, I was more or less clueless before! Not any more tho!! :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks