Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally with you Ted, before I sent one letter I tried in vain for 5 months to discuss and resolve by talking to them . . only with shear desperation I wrote a letter and did my homework to realize there was far more wrong than my orriginal "small" query.

This is exactly what happens. After Compliance originally wrote to say they couldn't find my agreement, my account manager at the branch phoned to say he had a copy and he would send it out. Needless to say he was lying. Welcome employees, in my experience, will say anything to get you off the phone/shut you up/get a payment.

I genuinely hope Voda had everything on paper. Welcome have a history of rewrites - as we all know - and having reduced payments in the past, Welcome simply created a new account with the reduced payment barely covering the interest. This is despite me being in a DMP at the time.

My advice is to always assume Welcome are lying or are wrong until they prove otherwise.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a messenger of doom but I have seen various people on here saying that they are going to do this and do that with Welcome Finance.

i.e the Fraud Squad, the Inland Revenue, the National Press, Television or whatever.

Unfortunately whether any of us like it or not, we are indebted to these people as we borrowed money from them and despite some of their practices, a debt is a debt.

Becoming a Bankrupt or taking out a Debt Relief Order is the only way to shake these people off.

I have been honest and up front with Welcome and they have frozen all my interest and other charges and I am paying them a very reduced amount which they have accepted.

" You cannot get blood out of a stone "

Hey Voda,

Very long time no chat on this issue.

I agree with you and I have mentioned this before. Take what you need from the thread but do NOT pin all your hopes on what others are doing. I am like PT I will have my loan reduced by a reasonable amount and get what I originally aimed for.

I was led down the road of "my loan is scrap" and "interest on acceptance fee" and “direct group” and “Healthcare insurance” and and and and and and....... the list goes on.

I believe this was down to one member in particular who was overly passionate about Welcome finance and started giving hope but when it came to crunch time, never heard from him. The intensions were good but follow up was null.

I think we both know who I am referring to.

I stopped reading this thread and following it for those exact reasons, I got side tracked by others failings of media publicity, regulator investigations, FSA, un-enforceable loans etc etc etc. It never stopped. It’s just so easy to be pulled into it. And to be given false hope on top of everything, it was just not realistic.

I am still in the process with them, but I will win. This forum has given me the tools and information to take it to the next level; I would never have been able to manage on my own. So for that I am thankful.

What I regret is I wasted so much time getting involved with the politics of Welcome/Cattles.

Who cares if the shares are suspended and the directors go to prison, or the branches all close. The debt will still exist and they will still call on a Saturday morning to chase for money. If it’s not Welcome then it will be whomever the loan book is sold to.

It just makes me smile a bit when I hear they are being dragged through broken glass as a company. They took advantage of my desperation, and that is unacceptable. I just want a fair deal.

You are right when you state " cant get blood from a stone" But what I say is "where there is smoke, there is fire" and Welcome are feeling the heat!

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

It remains to be seen what will be done with the loan book. However WElcome's history is out there and everyone in the finance industry will be aware of the trouble buying bad debt will bring.

It's interesting how welcome hassle some people more than others. Time will tell what welcome plans to do with the uncollected debts but in the meantime they will try to collect as much as possible by any means.

Realistically I do not think at this stage they will accept 25% .no harm in trying I suppose and if accepted be sure to let us all know as would inspire us all to offer less. They are desperate for money and are in serious trouble themselves and their book will be sold for pennies in comparison. to to let 75% go from every loan would be financial suicide. . .

Check out Majors post here which might help with guidence, however I do think every case is differant, like is account in arrears or dispute how much owed over what term etc . .

I hope FOS take the longest time possible sorting mine out. Then if there is time left before they Give Up The Ghost, they can take me to court. With all the advice available on CAG as a whole I am confident I will get what I want.

I don`t mind paying the sum I owe at all. The thing is they took Me and the Wife for Mugs at the Very Start, which is the usual Modus Operendi I beleive.

This is after all their Business. If they did it Correctly and with Sincerity from the Start there would be NONeed for any of Us to Even Begin to think that there could be a way of Not Paying what We Allegedly Owe.

If they can not set up a Loan Agreement that is Honest and Fair, Following the Set Procedure then they DO Deserve to be Treated with as much Ill Will and Contempt that I can Muster.

All of Our Complaints Stemmed from how the Local Account Damager had treated My Wife. I asked at the Beginning for this **** Bully Boy to Apologise for his behaviour toward My Wife. They chose to ignore us totally on that.

This then Meant I Began to LOOK at how he had been running Our Accounts a bit Closer. I soon realised that they had taken the **** from the Second We entered the office ( we must have been dressed in green and called Mr and Mrs. Cabbage that day).

Now I will use EVERY THING in MY POWER to NEVER EVER Pay these *ASTARDS Another Penny While I Still Draw Breath.

The Great Advice Given Freely, Here on CAG will if I /WE use it Correctly be a Fantastic Weapon in this War Against the ****, and of course any other Companies who Feel THEY DO NOT Have to Follow the RULES, that is even if I Personally Do Not have Any Connection with Them.

Even though I / WE have No Idea Who the Advice Givers are ( that is what is given, Advice. It is up to each Individual to check it out and up to them how they USE it) Or What They Actually Do.

I will, Now I Am Becoming More and More Aware of MY/ OUR Rights ALWAYS BE PROUD to call them MY FREINDS

Cheers, MARK

I am totally with you Mark, every word of your post I can and do relate too. we are all real people that deserve better than they have dished out and now we are fighting back to defend ourselves and our own and others in the same victimised situation.

Yes OZZY, WE are ALL Victims of these ****. But We here on CAG are NO LONGER going along like Sheep to the Slaughter.

If WE can make a few others aware of their Own Rights when it comes to Consumer Affairs,then I think these Companies will have NO Choice but to do everything properly. Which is, after all is said and done what they should be setting out to achieve anyway.

The trouble is, WE are also fighting Corruption at the same time. Or judges and a Legal System, along with Regulators who are unwilling to do the right things for the Consumer, perhaps because they are NOT aware of the rights of People/ Consumers. AND they are NOT Struggling to pay the Bills and Feed their Children.

Cheers, MARK

Mark and Ozzy.... Well done and I am with you all the way !!!!

I too have paid my loans for years until I was informed with good information that I had been Wrongfully charged for certain things. Had I not recieved that information from CAG I would still be paying for things I should not have been charged for... I am a tax payer and have never ducked my responsibilities and never will. But the law is the law and we signed our agreements in good faith !!!

Hi Vilka. Good luck with that. Mine is now in the hands of the F.O.S. so will see where that takes me. I have to say. It is strange I have a secured loan and have not had any default notices or threats of court so I believe the information Postggj gave me is true that my contact is unlawful and I am hoping the F.O.S. come back with that conclusion.

Hey Voda,

Very long time no chat on this issue.

I agree with you and I have mentioned this before. Take what you need from the thread but do NOT pin all your hopes on what others are doing. I am like PT I will have my loan reduced by a reasonable amount and get what I originally aimed for.

I was led down the road of "my loan is scrap" and "interest on acceptance fee" and “direct group” and “Healthcare insurance” and and and and and and....... the list goes on.

I believe this was down to one member in particular who was overly passionate about Welcome finance and started giving hope but when it came to crunch time, never heard from him. The intensions were good but follow up was null.

I think we both know who I am referring to.

I stopped reading this thread and following it for those exact reasons, I got side tracked by others failings of media publicity, regulator investigations, FSA, un-enforceable loans etc etc etc. It never stopped. It’s just so easy to be pulled into it. And to be given false hope on top of everything, it was just not realistic.

I am still in the process with them, but I will win. This forum has given me the tools and information to take it to the next level; I would never have been able to manage on my own. So for that I am thankful.

What I regret is I wasted so much time getting involved with the politics of Welcome/Cattles.

Who cares if the shares are suspended and the directors go to prison, or the branches all close. The debt will still exist and they will still call on a Saturday morning to chase for money. If it’s not Welcome then it will be whomever the loan book is sold to.

It just makes me smile a bit when I hear they are being dragged through broken glass as a company. They took advantage of my desperation, and that is unacceptable. I just want a fair deal.

You are right when you state " cant get blood from a stone" But what I say is "where there is smoke, there is fire" and Welcome are feeling the heat!

Well Stewie For the same reasons i became a bit disenchanted with all this. The person to which you was refering also had a female allie who was taking welcome to court for various things. One of them was this undeclared commission business - and the hustanger v wilson case.

I provided them with evidence of these undeclared commissions and even wrote a letter stating this could be used if needed, (after being requested to do so).

I was contacted by members of the site team asking to see the evidence. Again i forwarded to at least two.

But whenever i asked what i should do about it - and how i go about using it i got no reply.

I even asked the original 2 people who we all know. and all i got is its all going through the court and has to be hush hush line. Then one of them just disapears. Won Their case and got a confidentiality aggreement? Thanks! lost and not willing to tell us on what grounds? thanks again!

I have picked up a lot of good info on the site but feel i spent to much time on side issues, game playing and helping others boost their egos.

So in short guys - read the forums - pick out the pieces of info you need - take what advice you can relevant to your situation - help others with your knowledge - Dont take just one persons word as gospel. And dont get side tracked.

By the way does anyone know if anyone anywhere has used the Hurstanger v Wilson case successfully againt welscum?

Edited by dadofholly

another worthwhile question is what they intend to do about all the undisclosed commissions paid to Welcome elite Brokers as they dont appear to eager to answer these questions in court.

jdene - Have you got any evidence on this? has anyone you know tried to take them to court and welcome have backed down over this issue?

Would be very interested to know.

hi all

sorry ive been away

knee probs again

any updates

Hi Post glad to see you back when you have 2 mins can you have a look at my thread - you were working on n1 for me but had a few developments since then :)

Help with Welcome Finance - Page 18 - The Consumer Forums

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

You been missed by quite a few..........

hope knee is on the mend, think beyondhope, pwg565, jdene & stepwayne may need some attendtion initially..........

Thank you pears :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and dont really know where to start to look for an answer to my question! I got a loan out with Welome finance september 08 for 2 years. On my application form, the PPI box was already ticked and added onto the contract, so it appears that I would have to go with it or not take out the loan. Obviously (and stupidly looking back at it) I went with it.

Does anyone know what the odds on getting a refund on this? It was only a £2k loan, but I think its added about £1k on that, which I could well do with!

Many thanks in advance for any help or sugestions. :)

We're playing a bit of a game with welcome at the mo.

They recently sent letters to my OH re the car he has through them. they sent a supposed credit agreement termination letter and a supposed default letter.

So last Friday evening we had a visit from them, he owes 1 month so far. I told her that OH wouldn't be paying for something OH doesn't have a credit agreement on as it's been cancelled.

She asked to see the letter, so I showed her and she says "Oh the credit agreement hasn't been cancelled, it's been terminated". I thought WTF? To me terminated = cancelled or am I missing something?.

Anyway she was blah-blahing that if the car was repo'd then it wouldn't fetch much at auction so does he want it repo'ing or not etc. OH said he'd have a word with me to see what I want to do and Welcome person toddled off.

I've told OH to just say the ball's in Welcome's court from now on. I said to tell her there's no credit agreement so we won't be paying for something we're never going to own and just to leave it at that.

We shall see what happens, but I told him under no circumstances should he tell them to take the car away.

I know they want their money but for being a month late is a bit keen!

hi can anyone help me please post i pm'd you but understand you cant answer to everyone, welcome had a attachment of earnings against me, but as im on long term sick i replied to the court and it was dismissed i only get £64.30 per week to live on, but today ive had a letter from Young & pearce solicitors stating upon review of my income and expenditure i have £59.20 a month disposable income, yeah right i wish then i wouldnt be starving, and welcome will accept £40.pm, and to confirm this with them by monday 1st march2010 our client may instruct us to proceed with action against you, i need a letter to get this set aside as when it originally went to court i never recieved any original orders so couldnt go to court to defend myself, not sure what to do next any help appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks