• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A huge welcome to the forum Nelson, can I suggest you start your own thread so we and you can keep a track of your progress and we can get a plan together.

We can advise you further on your own thread but this could be fraud (not saying it is but suspected)

First thing to do is to tell your card provider or bank that this withdrawal is not authorised and to get them to reverse the transaction. Secondly you write to welcome and tell them that they have acted without your authorisation and that you have reported the transactions as fraudulent use of your card. You then inform them that you could claim costs and interest of them.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Nelson, you will find that this is a common theme with Welcome, it is definately a breach of their policy, it also breaches Data protection (They are supposed to destroy your card details once a payment is made) however when they have targets to meet which is normally the end of the month - the rulebook goes out of the window.

You could complain to compliance department and ask for compensation as well as the payment back plus interest however if you wanted to ruffle feathers more - I would contact your bank fraud department and tell them about the fraudulent card transaction - they may then prosecute Welcome. Just to make you aware though your bank may want to cancel your card and order a new one but I would be happy to do that if it meant that Welcome got into bother!

Hi futher to my question about template fo unenforceable loan. I had FSO on phone today saying if I write such a letter to Welcome they will put my ppi case on hold for 8 weeks or until welcome respond. then depending on their respnse they may take up that case to. so it seems to me they are not saying I can't go down this route? Welcome tried to get me to sign a new contact for £8000 more than original loan!!! I am not just trying to get out of a legal debt, I had reason to claim on the ppi, I was off work 6 months ill, but it turned out I was not covered, only my husband who was self employed & had pre existing medical condition so therefor was not covered!! Help with wording of letter please, My brain is a bit foggy due to health condition. Many Thanks.

Heres another trick, It has come to my attention that welcome have used my card details and withdrawn £70 to cover a shortfall in a previous pyt, this was not agreed and was done without my knowledge i would be grateful if anyone could tell me where i stand on this?

Huge breach of policy get intouch with complaints, All card details should not be written down and and details should be provided over a recorded call there has been a big crack down on this action and anyone caught with card details (authorised or not) instant dismissal.

Hope this helps

@ Welcome Job Hunter and welcome staff

Thanks for comming on this thread and sharing your knowledge.

What is the word on the Welcome corridors, in relation to the MIF and acceptance fees that have been unlawfully applied to secured loan agreements.

Can any welcome employee past or present..answer this??:)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi Nelson, you will find that this is a common theme with Welcome, it is definately a breach of their policy, it also breaches Data protection (They are supposed to destroy your card details once a payment is made) however when they have targets to meet which is normally the end of the month - the rulebook goes out of the window.

You could complain to compliance department and ask for compensation as well as the payment back plus interest however if you wanted to ruffle feathers more - I would contact your bank fraud department and tell them about the fraudulent card transaction - they may then prosecute Welcome. Just to make you aware though your bank may want to cancel your card and order a new one but I would be happy to do that if it meant that Welcome got into bother!

That is advice we can work with. Thank You Major Player. Seriously Good Stuff.

The more trouble we can cause for these **** the better. I`m lovin it!!!:lol:

Huge breach of policy get intouch with complaints, All card details should not be written down and and details should be provided over a recorded call there has been a big crack down on this action and anyone caught with card details (authorised or not) instant dismissal.

Hope this helps

Instant dismissal!!! Wonderful words when about A **** Monkey!!! Thank You Welcome Jobhunter.

More stuff to work with against this lying, cheating, bunch of **** *ASTARDS!!! PMSL:lol:

Sorry, nearly got into one there.

Thank You again WJH.:cool:

someone asked what welscum intend to do about mif, acceptance fees etc. take a look on my thread to a reply to a letter that poste did for me (and try not to laugh). also when asked if i could have a copy of my mif policy from underwriter, they told me they held the fee and refused to give an explanation, convenient or what.

Hi All

I haven't posted for a while as basically I am still trying to sell my property and Welcome have their claws well and truly embedded in the security on my house, regardless of forged signatures, copies of legal documents not being identical etc etc, you know the tactics. On the plus side I haven't paid them a penny for Oohhh well must be coming up on nearly 2 years?! and they haven't asked, they can sod off as far as I'm concerned and I would love them to take me to court but they have told me (yes, really) that it wouldn't be worth their while.

The reason I'm posting is I keep an eye on my credit ref and my default should have dropped off in December, legally. having just got copies of my report to check this two agencies are still showing the default but Welcome who truly are a devious scummy bunch have changed the date of the original default (how can they? idiots!) to 2008 instead of 2003, so they can keep damaging my files!! Luckily I have ALL my original paperwork, every single threatening falsified scrap and I am on top of these reports. But just thought I would let people know that they may not go away when you expect them too so keep checking. Not sure as a consumer if we can barr certain companies who have supplied false information but I have asked the question.

Hope everyone else's fight is faring better? I've lost any profit in my flat..but so have they! :razz: am xx

to all those guests and those that work for welcome, what a story hey.... i remember one such employee telling me when i was asking for mis sold ppi back. that welcome was in a strong position and they were lending more than ever and he was not worried about his job.....well i hope you read this below and remember that call you fool..... i will shed no tears for welcome employees who find themselves on benefits or searching for a new job in a decreasing sector...ha ha would be childish but hey ....;-)

RNS Number : 7475G Cattles PLC 05 February 2010

This announcement replaces the Cattles plc 'Potential Staff Reductions' announcement released today at 10.01am under RNS No 7456G. The company name throughout the announcement should read 'Cattles plc' and not 'Moscow plc' as previously stated. All other details remain unchanged. The full announcement appears below.

Cattles plc

Potential Staff Reductions at Welcome Financial Services

The Board of Cattles plc ("Cattles") today announces proposed changes in the organisation of its subsidiary Welcome Financial Services Limited.

The Board of Cattles announced recently that, following an extensive strategic review of its business and subsequent discussions with its financial creditors, it was unable to recommend a business plan which would allow Welcome Finance ("Welcome") to continue lending and it would therefore focus on collecting out Welcome's existing customer loans. It is envisaged that this process could take two to three years and, during that period, the Group's cost base will contract to reflect the reducing size of the book.

As part of an ongoing comprehensive review of the Welcome business, Cattles has announced today that it proposes the closure of circa 70 Local Management Branches and Local Collections Units nationwide. Cattles will now enter into a consultation process with staff affected by the proposals, of whom approximately 450 will today receive notice that they are at risk of redundancy.

Commenting on the plans, Margaret Young, Executive Chairman of Cattles, said:

"These proposals to further streamline the Welcome organisational structure have been put forward after an extensive review and careful consideration. We believe they are essential to Cattles achieving a more cost efficient business model which mirrors the reducing size of the Group's loan book."

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

someone asked what welscum intend to do about mif, acceptance fees etc. take a look on my thread to a reply to a letter that poste did for me (and try not to laugh). also when asked if i could have a copy of my mif policy from underwriter, they told me they held the fee and refused to give an explanation, convenient or what.

it was me diva!!

just popping over to have a read!!;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

70 local branches.

Please, please, please, be my local branch!

Sorry welcome staff, you have had this coming a long time.

Anyone know how many branches they have in total?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

As a point of info, my sources at Welcome say that the Griffiths case is why they can charge a mif(This is the case that is mentioned in Divas thread and can be found here):

http://www.goughsq.co.uk/documents/report_example.pdf

The judge in this case said a mif was ok but post has made reference a few times to a later case that opposes this view. The letter sent to Diva is a sight to see, so much jargon which basically says that they can't find any cases that suport mif illegality and that they rely on the above case.

Funny thing is though that they won't have looked for any opposing cases will they!?

can anybody help car was written off on monday insurers are waiting to pay out couldn't contact welcome. finally got hold of them yesterday and was told settlement was 6059.47 on a 6000 car i had 3 years ago. i paid 240 a month then reduced payments due to earning less they refinanced on whole amount it looks like. asked about ppi and shortfall as was charged for this originally not n my account now?? how much would a reasonable offer be to get rid of them as need a car and not sure what to do with insurance company. the car no longer exists in reality please help:sad:

how much would a reasonable offer be to get rid of them as need a car and not sure what to do with insurance company. the car no longer exists in reality please help:sad:

any reasonable offers are been accepted at welcome at the moment, To back up a short settlement work out how much you have paid towards the agreement including the original agreement and put this in a letter advising how much the car is worth.

In my experience though welcome will deal direct with the ins company as the insurance payment will be paid direct to them and you will be left with a liability

check if you had gap insurace as this will still be active on the a/c even if you did r/w your agreement

70 local branches.

Please, please, please, be my local branch!

Sorry welcome staff, you have had this coming a long time.

Anyone know how many branches they have in total?

Sorry but it was only 4 local branches local management branch (LMB) is just another deparment the branches which have been closed are Crew, scun,thorpe, scarborough & tamworth..(i think thats correct)

all a/c's are going to battery coop, oops sorry i mean head office:)

Edited by welcome jobhunter
more info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks