Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

welcomestaff - I notice in one of your early posts that there is a minimum of 35% discount to be had for those that are in a position to pay off their agreements; Does this only apply to agreements that have been passed to Collections?

My reason for asking is that I have a fully up to date account, that has 18 months left to run - if I could get a decent settlement deal, I might be in a position to pay the lot of in January.

hi i'm new to all this so bear with me. I took a loan out with welcome for £2000, i payed off £1900 then i topped my loan up £1000. i've missed the last 10 payment due to redundancy and welcome now say i owe them £5700 and its rising £200 a month. Even if a payed them £210 a month back as per my original agreement, only £15 will get knocked off the loan due to there interest. What should i do?? I've told them to take me to court to stop the interest but they wont.. Why?? Any advise will be great!!

we also had one of those letters at the beginning of the year they are allowed to do this i believe just to ensure you are still in possession and not sold it ours was closely followed by a letter from the recovery dept who then said one more missed payment and they would be going for repossession which is when we redid the contract to lower the payments and they screwed us big time! be careful of them offering to lower payments!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i received one of those or something similar about 4 months ago when I started challenging stuff, took it to my solicitor who said it was garbage.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Hello all

I been reading lots of the pages here about Welcome, I took out a loan for £3200 in August 07, payable over 36 months@ £131.60. I took no PPI as I'm self employed, and have been making payments to date. I was looking at getting another loan when I started to read here.

I'm confused because most of the posts are either from people who have fallen behind with payments, got PPI or secured agreements on there house. My question is, is my credit agreement proper, if not what is my next course of action, do I continue to make payments, I've got 9 more to make.

Whats likely to happen next, would I be entitled to any money back, could I stop making payments.

Any help be appreciated, and sorry if this isnt in the right place.

Hi warwick best bet is to make your own thread so your questions dont get lost :) i would imagine your best bet is a CCA and SAR to get all your documents and agreements to check them over as thats the easiest way to find out if they have conned you (im abit of a newbie so thats about as far as i can help) make your own thread and im sure one of the more experienced can help you :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Just had welcome on the phone. It's now twice daily. I asked for a settlement figure which funny enough turns out to be the balance. No discount as usual for paying early. I do not know how they work there figures. When asked about the solicitors letter that the branch sent almost 4 months they don't know anything about it. I just wish they would take me to court.

I had a phone conversation with FOS today. They said:

1) Welcome are not legally obliged to provide calculations on how they reach the amounts on the agreement EVEN IF they DON'T balance!

2) Welcome are under no legal obligation to provide details or amounts of commission paid

3)Welcome are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to prove the insurance definately exists!!!!!!!!

FSA however don't agree with FOS!!!!!

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

you know what, I'm going to ring them back tomorrow and ask the lady to send this in writing. basically she said because of this there is nothing fos can do to help get answers to my complaint / dispute including the incorrect figures on the agreement. my questions are so basic, they really are!

this the letter of complaint with questions

exactly what is hard about my questions???? really Welcome, is it really that hard?

Edited by Us versus Debt

I had the same attitude from the FOS when I requested that welcome put figures to thier refund offer FOS told me they cannot do this because intrest on the amount keeps increasing daily, when I suggested that the give a figure fixed on a fixed date such as the endo or begining of a month the FOS said they dont need to but if i disagreed with the figures I could still take my complaint back to the FOS, when i mentioned about signing the letter they had sent stating full and final settlement they told me I was only agreeing to the method of calculating the refund as laid out by the FOS.

so they may not be legaly obliged to give thier method of calculating figures but there are standard methods of calculation that they should be comliying with rather than one daft bu*(()$&&er asking another daft bu*&^(()*&er what they think they can add on without getting caught, but now there are so many complaints I think the FOS have gone sloppy and just want to clear thier workload so its back to sod the consumer again.

jdene

• Haha 1

Hi,

I don't mean to hijack a thread but not sure how to post a new one.Bit of a long story but please bear with me.After I split up with my ex over 8 years ago I took out a secured loan with Welcome to pay off some debts amongst other things.Unfortunately I got in to difficulty with my mortgage, and then my loan.There was only my wage coming in now.

The house was re-posessed.I stayed in touch with Welcome throughout. They wanted me to take out a personal loan to pay off the secured loan but I didn't want to do this.I wanted to see what the house sold for. The estate agent dealing with the sale refused to give me any information. I eventually managed to contact a solicitor dealing with it. I was advised that everything was paid off but there was a shortfall of almost £1000. They would not pursue me for this. I advised Welcome of this. This was in August 2006. I had no further contact with Welcome until Novemer 2007. They contacted me informimg me that the secured loan had not been paid off. I asked for a statement (this wasn't in writing though) and heard nothing from Welcome. I assumed I didn't actually owe anything.

I was getting my affairs back in order, and in November 2008 I applied to Welcome for a personal loan (£2000). This was approved.

Last month(October 2009) I received a letter from County Court advising me of an attachment of earnings order.Welcome were claiming I owed £33000. I cannot describe what I have gone through since then.Lack of sleep, not eating properly, people saying I've lost weight, mood swings etc;

I sent a CCA request to Welcome(05 November).Received a letter from solicitors advising me of 'Stay of Action', and that they are in posession of credit agreement. They want me to send a copy of my signature and confirmation of my date of birth.

Contacted County Court and was advised that AofE order was granted because I failed to reply to summons.It turned out that Welcome sent letters etc; to an address I have never lived at and had no connection with whatsoever. This surely is Welcomes c**kup not mine. They knew where I lived because they sent the AofE order and Welcome admitted to me that previous correspondence was indeed sent to the wrong address.I couldn't possibly have defended it when I had no knowledge of it. All along, Welcome have been aware of where I've been living. I have not avoided them.

Received a letter from Welcome last week (20/11/09). It was advising me that the balance was £24000.Not a statement, and not what I asked for. They said if I wanted an SAR, I would have to send £10, or £1 for a copy of the original agreement. I sent a postal order with my original letter for £1 and it had been cashed. I don't know why the AofE is for £33000.

I've sent another letter today (recorded delivery as per the original one) and asked again for a copy of the agreement etc;

I need help like I have never needed it before. CAB advised me to send the first letter, gave me templates etc;. Apparently I earn just over the earnings threshold for them to personally help me. Can anyone help please.

Thank you, in anticipation.

Andy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks