• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a case against these with the ombudsman for mis-selling insrance products

Problem is, this could take forever and all the time I am still paying for worthless insurance.

Should I just deduct this amonut from the total monthly amount?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can anyone confirm that the OFT are actually investigaing their complaint and also has anyone had the situatione where FOS are not allowed by WF to investigate CCA's of 2003 vintage. The OFT said they dont handle individual cases but if we know of several complaints then they will investigate. The FOS has been refused cooperation by WF on the grounds that WF were not at that time regulated by the FSA. Any adice on this would be helpful. If what I written about the rsponses from OFT and FOS is actually correct who then can help us with these older unenforcible agreements?

I Have read all the comments about this awful firm as we have a loan with them and are being harrassed in exactly the same format.

Due to a car accident in June I was injured and claimed ESA

My partner is self employed and in fact made a loss this year.

At present we are fighting to keep our home evicyion looming 24th Nov

I explained to the representative that we have no means to pay at this present time as we have only just found out and this week applied for all

the other benefits Working Tax and pension credit ect.

I explained to them the situation and mentioned that we are seeking advice today and was told that they will ring or come round to our house to find out the outcome, I am furious at this invasion it is enough that we have eviction looming without all this.

They also have me down as a joint debtor but I am sure only my partner signed at the time I asked them to prove to me that I signed and requested a copy, wether this will happen I will not hold my breath.

hiya all

i feel like im going to be in the lions den but here goes, i work for welcom e finance in the collections dept and i also feel that welcome treat there customer like ****, they shouldnt but welcome does. i though a few facts might help you all out.

currently we are not transferring any account from where they are currently held so if you are in the local management branch ( collections dept ) then that is where you will stay so if they say you will go to a legal dept or litigation then this is a load of crap as welcome is taking no one to court at the moment nor do we repossess houses from people if you are in difficulty.

if you cannot pay us then speak with us and hopefully you will have someone one the phone who wants to help you, if not ask them about the treating customers fairly policy which all welcome employees have to abide by. even the director has sent out internal mail advising us of this.

if you have a complaint call head office and ask to speak to compliance, they deal with the compliant and collection activity should stop if compliance are dealing.

if you are in a position to short settle you account, ask for discount the min is 35% discount on your current balance so you could save yourself some money and get welcome off your back.

if you are struggling speak to the cccs or debt management company as once you are with them welcome cannot call you and have to lease with them direct also the interest and charges will be stopped on the account.

if you have a car account and not paying but have the car then ask them if you have paid over a 3rd and if so you car cannot be taken if it is you can get all your money back you have paid.

Ask your account manager to stop the interest and put pressure on, say you will pay but you want the interest stopping, if you have a descent account manager they will do it for you

if you have a secured loan and they are threating repossession then this is a lie as welcome do not repossess houses, fact

i hope this helps people, any questions i will be happy to answer.

• Haha 1

I have received a Default notice today even though the account is marked in dispute , where do I go from here ?

Is it an actual default notice letter? WFS are good at sending letters out and making them seem more than they are. If it says 'default sums' then that is another matter.

hiya all

i feel like im going to be in the lions den but here goes, i work for welcom e finance in the collections dept and i also feel that welcome treat there customer like ****, they shouldnt but welcome does. i though a few facts might help you all out.

currently we are not transferring any account from where they are currently held so if you are in the local management branch ( collections dept ) then that is where you will stay so if they say you will go to a legal dept or litigation then this is a load of crap as welcome is taking no one to court at the moment nor do we repossess houses from people if you are in difficulty.

if you cannot pay us then speak with us and hopefully you will have someone one the phone who wants to help you, if not ask them about the treating customers fairly policy which all welcome employees have to abide by. even the director has sent out internal mail advising us of this.

if you have a complaint call head office and ask to speak to compliance, they deal with the compliant and collection activity should stop if compliance are dealing.

if you are in a position to short settle you account, ask for discount the min is 35% discount on your current balance so you could save yourself some money and get welcome off your back.

if you are struggling speak to the cccs or debt management company as once you are with them welcome cannot call you and have to lease with them direct also the interest and charges will be stopped on the account.

if you have a car account and not paying but have the car then ask them if you have paid over a 3rd and if so you car cannot be taken if it is you can get all your money back you have paid.

Ask your account manager to stop the interest and put pressure on, say you will pay but you want the interest stopping, if you have a descent account manager they will do it for you

if you have a secured loan and they are threating repossession then this is a lie as welcome do not repossess houses, fact

i hope this helps people, any questions i will be happy to answer.

Welcome staff Hi "Welcome don't repossess homes" are you sure:-)

no they don't want to be known as a lender that repossess houses

Which is probably why they are telling some of their staff they don't so they can spread the myth

In other words I can assure they do or did so until very very recently & I'm talking weeks not months

I'd give a warm welcome to Welcomestaff, takes guts and integrity to post on CAG when you're initially considered as 'the enemy'. Goes to show that not everyone who works with these companies revels in what they do.

However, we need to advocate caution as I'm sure Welcomestaff will appreciate as Cag has seen other similar posts in the past.

However, always keen to see the best in people it does appear to be sound and well intentioned advice and I would say thank you for your post and decision to get involved Welcomestaff :).

JonCris wrote:

'Guts' I grant you, integrity er no People with 'integrity' don't work for companies such as these

JonCris I do see your point but think it important to remember that not everyone is as aware of what typical DCA's and finance companies like welcome are like when they go to work there. It doesn't automatically make you a person devoid of integrity.

A great deal of very valuable information has come from people who simply take a job in order to keep the wolves from the door and find themselves involved in practices they become uncomfortable with.

Assuming Welcomestaff is on the level (which is pretty easy to determine as you can't pull the wool over the eyes of most Caggers :wink:) they have the potential to offer a great deal to us and personally I'm grateful for their efforts to stick their head above the wall even though I have no dealings with Welcome and stand to gain nothing from it directly.

Just my opinion and I of course respect yours equally but keen to recognise a positive effort when its made. If Caggers go on the attack whenever a whistle blower makes a stand we'll all lose out and potentially lose a valuable source of info. :D

i am not coming on here to defend my job at the end of the day i have a mortgage to pay like most of us on here and i have to do what i have to do. i make sure for the 160 accounts that i deal with and the customers i speak to i treat them with respect and listen to there problems an i don't put pressure on them. i know other employees do not abide by this but i do. in regards to the repossession of houses i have never known welcome to take someones house off them and you early comment indicates that the lady was evicted Christmas eve but did not have a welcome finance account, how can a judge in a court of law grant repossessions of a property to welcome finance when the lady didn't even have an account with welcome, it makes no sense and if there was fraud involved in this then the court would have investigates it before repossession as the police would have got involved as we notify them if there is any potential fraud accounts . i have not come on here to argue with people but to express that im here to help if any one wants it, if not i will keep quite.

for anyone who is interested the director today has sent out another internal email advising hat employees need to adhere to treating customer fairly so clearly he realizes there is problem with the way welcome treat there customers. maybe any complaints should be addressed to him direct in future, i will post his name when i am back at work Monday as im unsure of the spelling of the last name, im sure he would be interested to hear what welcome employees are doing to customers.

i would like to say thank you to the supportive messages welcoming me on here

when a loan agreement is signed or any paper correspondence is received we send it to a data image processing company so they are scanned and put on the computer, we access these files buy an internet site but sometime loan agreements are not on the system, we are unsure where they go but they are not found. i think the imaging company destroy the documents once they are scanned so if they are not on the system then i don't think they will be found again. i think the problem lies when the branch do not send the documents for scanning which we have to do on a monthly basis, then they are found months down the line and then put in confidential waste and not scanned to the system

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks