• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive just had 3 calls in a row!!! I answered the first time as I didnt recognise the number, and they told me it was WF, and asked form my date of birth, I told them it was impolite to ask a women her age!!!!

I then said, that what part of 'Everything has to be in writing' didnt they understand and hung up on them.

My account is in dispute, as they havent produced a CCA and no SAR yet either.

Me and my (ex) husband took out a loan with Welcome Finance in November 2003 for £1k, we had been living in Ireland and had no credit rating here so Welcome was really the only option. We made regular payments up to a point then fell behind, we went to see them and took out another loan in July 2004 to clear the existing loan + interest. We kept up regular payments to a point then fell behind again. In January 2007 I divorced my husband and he left the country. I immediately phoned all my creditors, Welcome included, and told them the situation. I offered to pay back half the balance as it stood then, which meant i was paying back around £1500. I was paying £50 per week. A few months later I asked them for a statement so I could see how I was progressing and was horrified to see that although I had made payments of £200 per month for about 4 months, my balance was still around £1500. They had been adding interest for the entire debt, not just the half i agreed to pay, they had also added all kinds of fees at £25 and £10 for this and that (god knows what). I rang them and told them I wouldn't pay another penny until they froze the interest otherwise I would never clear the debt. I never heard from them for about 6 months then they rang me to try and make an arrrangement to pay. I declined gracefully and told them that they would have to take me to court. My original loan was £1k, I had paid over £5k and still had a balance owing of £3600. I told them that as a single mother of 4 children, working full time and getting tax credits only a fool would make me pay back all that money taking into consideration how much I had already paid and the fact that I had never denied the debt and had made arrangements previously. That was the last contact I had with them. They haven't rung me or written in over 18 months and according to my credit report i still owe them £3600 and apparently (god knows how) I have an arrangement to pay in place. They haven't even defaulted my loan. How do I get them to default my loan and take me to court? I will never pay that money unless the courts order me to and they will probably never contact me again and I will be stuck with that record on my credit report forever.

FT.com / Companies / Banks - RBS awaits court ruling on Cattles

cattles v welcome / rbs update..

hearing concluded and judgement expected!

seems the standstill agreement is due to be signed off in a couple of days

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

I had another call from an unknown mobile this morning, so I had my partner call it back this evening... as expected it was yet another call from Welcome... she just told them she didn't have an account with them and had no idea why they would be calling her. They told me in July that if I didn't make a payment by 5.30 that day it would go to their legal department... I told them I wish it would!!!

Where are all the Superstar **** Bashers tonight?

Taking a well deserved night out if they`ve got any sense.

R u not attending brassed-off-2?

Cheers, MARK

:eek: no chance of that Mark...am supposed to be trying to catchup with my part time study work, (blames pc virus again for being way behind)...decorating, again!! and a lively 4 year old who thinks its cool to get back up to watch playhouse disney..not forgetting the husband with man flu, not even had time to crack open the bottle of red tonight!!!:D but thanks for asking:p

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

:eek: no chance of that Mark...am supposed to be trying to catchup with my part time study work, (blames pc virus again for being way behind)...decorating, again!! and a lively 4 year old who thinks its cool to get back up to watch playhouse disney..not forgetting the husband with man flu, not even had time to crack open the bottle of red tonight!!!:D but thanks for asking:p

I remember exactly what it`s like with kids of that age. The amount of times Me and MRS Mark had to sit through Lion, Which and the Wardrobe. That and Labyrinth. Can still remember every single word of them and, my youngest is 24.

You deserve that red !!!

Cheers, MARK

Guys,

On what basis do I put an account in dispute?

And, how do I put an account in dispute?

I take it no-one pays while the account is in dispute?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

Hi There

You Need To Send A Cca Letter To Welcome Finance And Include A 1 Pound Postal Order And Send It Recorded Or Special Delivery,do Not Sign The Letter Just Print Your Name As They Have Been Lifting Peoples Signatures.

You Need To Look On The Threads For The Cca Template Letter Then Just Put Your Acc Number Ect Into It,i Will Now Give You The Adress Where To Send It Whic Is

Welcome Finance

Compliance

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Buisness Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

Ng11-6nz

Regards:)

just checked my records with experian

my HP was taken out for 120months of £78.22 yet my report says over 121 months at £78

default notice says outstanding balance 8898.86, or 6243.27 if paid in full by the date of the notice. credit file says 6522

so what does this mean in terms of agreements etc

does anyone know if local branches are normally open on saturdays?

i thought mine was open mon - fri only but i noticed on saturday it was open, at first i was hoping maybe they were packing up! but thinknig about it, it could have been because it was 31st and they were trying to get some more money for month end?! dunno, just wishful thinking perhaps :)

Hi, I'm new , wanted to start a new thread but not sure how ??

I need some help with welcome finance any info will help.

I purchased a car july 2006 the car was worth approx £6000. I was also sold ppi, earlier this year the gearbox went and I had to pay out £1000 to get it repaired. I am also struggling to make repayments. I just want out but the settlement figure is higher than what i owe. They are also saying I am behind on payments , I have only missed one , they say 4. I asked for a copy of my payments 3 months ago yet it never turned up. My ppi agreement doesn't even say how long it covers me for !!! Surely my mechanical brakedown cover should cover the gearbox but they say it's run out. Is there a way I can fight them , somewhere along the line it must be wrong. Please Help !!!

Hi Fraggle,

welcome to the forum, am assuming that the insurances were over 36 months but I bet the repayments were over 4 years or more.

This makes me think about the insurances & I would like to know the answer too.

If they get you to take insurance out on it you should be covered for the duration of the HP. We need a contract expert to answer this one but I am pretty sure there must be something in it. Surely they cant charge interest over 4 years if the cover expires after only 3.

Can anyone answer this question ?

hi dantripled

here is the harassment letter

regards

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

© Reclaim the Right Ltd.

This should do the trick, but, if it doesn't, keep your cool and report them to the Office of Fair Trading and your local trading standards office.

PLEASE REPORT ABUSE.

Remember, keep your cool at all times, don't be intimidated by a piece of plastic, if you don't like what you're listening to, put the phone down - and remember the most important thing of all is to put and get things in writing at all times.

Additionally, complain to OFCOM - How to complain | Ofcom

Hi Fraggle,

welcome to the forum, am assuming that the insurances were over 36 months but I bet the repayments were over 4 years or more.

This makes me think about the insurances & I would like to know the answer too.

If they get you to take insurance out on it you should be covered for the duration of the HP. We need a contract expert to answer this one but I am pretty sure there must be something in it. Surely they cant charge interest over 4 years if the cover expires after only 3.

Can anyone answer this question ?

dont know about anyone else mny original loan was for 4 years but insurances were only 2 years

also

my branch is open the last saturday of the month

dont know about anyone else mny original loan was for 4 years but insurances were only 2 years

also

my branch is open the last saturday of the month

Im currently trying to reclaim my insurance premiums paid + interest. My Mech Breakdown was for 24 months yet my agreement is for 48 months.

Plus they never sent me the insurance documents, so I requested them and using the "30 day cancellation from receipt of documents" clause in their agreement to cancel and reclaim everything I have paid for it.

Still awaiting a reply.

Hi, yes my agreement is for 4 years and cover was only for 2, I never recieved any documents, only the paper I took that day, I even had a panic on the day I bought the car, I got home and thought I hd made a mistake so rung them and tried to cancel the whole contract. I was told I had no cooling off period and it was final. Tha original contract was rubbish. It has all theese figuress on it and then the small print says for example only, I'm soo mad. Surely they can't charge interest for something that has expired. What should I do ? :evil:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks