Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fascinating information Housemonkey. My local branch, and even the CRC, have persistently refused to give me account details to make payments by Standing Order. I persistently refuse to set up a Direct Debit or give them my card details, instead I am currently paying using their automated payment line (in my mind giving my card details to a machine is a little more secure than a Welcome person).

Do you know if that account is for all types of loans (I have a secured loan)?

My branch spouted the same thing, but the Compliance dept. gave me their bank details to pay by S/O. Funny that. :rolleyes:

My branch spouted the same thing, but the Compliance dept. gave me their bank details to pay by S/O. Funny that. :rolleyes:

Thanks Sol. Can you confirm that the bank details you were given are the same as those Housemonkey posted up there a bit ago?

My loan is 33k but minus extras (!) Is 27k. Does this mean I have no rights under the CCA?

As I said in my post to which yours is a response. There was a ruling (I think it was against NatWest) that since the loan was written on a piece of paper that said the loan was regulated by the Consumer Credit Act the debtor was able to claim the rights of the Act although his loan was for more than £25k.

Hi guys.Apologies for the long absence, I have no internet just now and lost someone close to me recently. Not really been in the real world lately.

does the heart good to see the fight is still going, I have been trying to keep up with it all but will be on top form asap :)

Lots of pages now!!!! Hope postggj and andie are getting somewhere, will try and get a proper catch up soon and get back into the fight. Best wishes to all the welcome fighters.

Give them hell :-D

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi guys.Apologies for the long absence, I have no internet just now and lost someone close to me recently. Not really been in the real world lately.

does the heart good to see the fight is still going, I have been trying to keep up with it all but will be on top form asap :)

Lots of pages now!!!! Hope postggj and andie are getting somewhere, will try and get a proper catch up soon and get back into the fight. Best wishes to all the welcome fighters.

Give them hell :-D

Good to hear from you Dipply, sorry to hear your sad news.

Post and Andi, as you know are like a dog with a bone when it comes to this lot!! and so are the serious fraud squad/fos/fsa from what i hear :D

not long now dipply till this lot get kicked out of lse...8 days? i think?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Sorry to hassle the thread but We're having trouble finding the template letters. My firefox browser just goes to the main forums page when we click on the links Post and Tigga gave in my thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/224661-advice-needed-unsecured-welcome.html#post2508892

Can anyone tell us where we are going wrong?

Thanks

Hi, newbie here! Stumbled over the forum whilst searching for info on Welcome Finance, and am glad I found you.

I have an unsecured loan from Welcome, which I have paid faithfully since day one without a hitch (my bank did muck up one DD, and I phoned Welcome before they even knew the payment had failed, and paid them by card - they still charged me £25 for the pleasure!)

Reading through this thread, I see that Welcome are about to get what is coming to them (although in fairness, my case is nowhere near as bad as some of the other members on here, and in fact I believe my APR to be 20%).

I have 17 months left on my loan at £235 a month, and was initially trying to find out how I could get an early settlement figure off them, and what it was liable to be, but now I am not sure given what is currently happening to Welcome.

Where do folks like me stand with Welcome with the current situation - what is likely to happen if Welcome go belly up?

What would the chances be of getting a half sensible final offer out of them to clear my loan?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for starting my forum life with a barrage of questions :oops:

hi fat controller and greetings

best you start your own thread

click on this link

scroll down to start new thread

click and your away

Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

I'm just about to head off to bed (start work at stupid o'clock in the morning), so will post a new thread tomorrow.

Hope I'm not intruding...

I've had a response from Welcome to my SAR. The covering letter is not signed (a person from 'Compliance-Services') and the 'Fixed-Sum Loan Agreement regulated by the CCA 1974' they've sent me is barely legible. I can see that Welcome's signature is dated almost a month after mine and under 'Customers Declaration' it states '(d) you signed the agreement at our business premises'. I didn't, they actually came to my property (!). The T&Cs on the back are also illegible.

The other document enclosed is a 'Secured Loan Statement', which seems fairly simple but comprehensive (although the most recent Credit is for the £1 I sent to Lewis for my CCA request).

My question is - should write back and request a legible copy of the agreement (and anything else?). Or should I wait the week out and see what happens re Cattles?

As ever, thanks for any advice!!

CXX

Thanks for your rapid reply.

Sorry to be so lame, but I am sans scanner at the moment. I could fax it if that helps, but I'm sure the legibility will only worsen. Or I could mail it.

I can read 'Rate of interest per annum is 21.41%'.

If i really try, I can decipher the smudges, so if there's anything specific i should be looking for, let me know.

Also, forgot to mention that is sent by Recorded Delivery, if that's significant.

Will try to sort a scanner out this week. Sorry.

CX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks