• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andie

Its Six Months From Suspension

Thats 3 To 4 Weeks By My Calculations

Well The Auditors Still Have Not Released The Last Three Years Accounts

By By Cattles

Thanks post i thought it was more like a week - thought they delisted at the begining of April so thought time was up beginning of Oct.

Gonna try look for actual dates

Wow this thread is amazing. I have just skimmed through it (well I say skimmed, it has taken me 5hrs lol).

I really wish welcome would go under. I have paid them £110 for the past 15 months for a loan of £2000 and there is still over £2500 owing, I stopped paying 2months ago cuz I just cant afford it being out of work. Been waitin for ages of the announcements that they had finally gone bust but it doesnt seem to be comming.

Oh and re this thread, I especially liked the fact that back in 2008 welcome employees were on here calling caggers all sorts and since 2009 they seem to have stopped posting lolol. They probably have re registered using different names and are now getting help with their own debt lol.

Postggi i got reply back from them recorded delivery stating that they are unable to give my agreement. I have it in black and white,letter dated 11th August 2009.

if this was in reply to a formal request,pursuant to s78, then you should seek an injunction (see CPR 40.20) as set out in Rankine Vs Amex

Afternoon Pt

As Usual

You Miss Nothing

You Are Like The Grim Reaper

Allways There

Only Making Your Self Known On Rare Ocasions:D

SERIOUSE NOW

GLAD SOME ONE IS WATCHING MY BACK

pastgg did you see my message, id be so grateful for advice but dont worry if you are busy with everything, just not sure what to do at moment, if anyone else on here can advise me then thanks id appreciate the help xxxx

i bought car from yes car credit in 2003 and finance was with welcome. had to refinance twice since then, started off owing them 12 grand and 6 years on we still owe them like 10 grand after paying £260 a month for years. they have lowered the payments after refinancing but because there is arrears on the account all the money we pay them just goes on arrears interest, phone call charges and letters (which we dont get) and something called capitalisation wotever that is.

the car is only worth like 1 thousand now (if that) 5 kids in it have taken its toll over 6 yrs lol. The welcome branch never has the same staff more than a few weeks so we never get same info. Im thinkin of offering them 500 quid settlement coz thats all they would get for it at auction. do you think they will accept this lol. Over 6 years we have probably paid for the car twice over and im getting fed up payin for something that isnt bringing the bill down at all. The guy who deals with our account calls us daily and visits our home asking if we want to surrender the car but i dont see why we should. we could have bought a porsche with the amouint of cash they have had off us. I HATE THEM. We should have made car payment last friday but we told the guy we were skint so he has to wait till next week, he said the payment has to be on the account before the last day of every month or he doesnt get his commission, boo hoo i ran to get a tissue to dry my eyes, how sad hee hee xx love this thread u are all bloody brilliant xxxxxxx

any help or advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated, not sure whether to just give back car or not thanx xx

my step son took out a loan with welcome to finance his car , he has made 3 late payments over the past 2 yrs, which they charged him for. This even someone from welcome came to the door and said he would be back tomorrow to put a value on his car and hat he would be taking the car as a payment is late , my step son said that he would make payment on Thursday but this was refused , i didnt know until i read all these horror stories how bad a company they were. Has any one got any advise on what we can do as without his car he can not get to work as he works around the country at power station . i would be greatful for any help .

Hi Postggj my step son is 3 yrs in to his agreement with Welcome as its due to finish next Sept 2010 , he is making his self ill with worry about this , where do i go from here with this matter any idea's ?????? help need urgently . many thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks