Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They really are full of it and have been in trouble for this sort of thing before take a look at this:

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

It's just a [problem], they probably took your old car to auction and made a healthy profit on it...they give you £1 for it and sell it for far more.

They gave us £1 AND we had to pay £50 cash deposit and then they sold our car on for almost £100 ( I have the auction reciepts from the auction company).

What a con, we could've just gave them £50 deposit and sold the old car ourselves and kept the money!

Con artists.

The more that time goes on, I am wondering what next are we going to hear about this shower.

I would not believe it if it were not true.

Incredible.

Postie when this has all finished, you should write a book with all the information that you have on WF.

Nite

Voda

Yes that was it. £1000 px and £250 cash back. OH had to print off an internet voucher.

Didn't see any of it.

BTW none of the cars had prices on so any figure could have been concocted.

My memory is so crap but you good people are bringing it all home to me now.

Thank you.

Conning the gov. Naughty naughty.

Edited by kittiej

Hi Postggj, still fairly new to all this but would just like to make a point for consideration re. charges for telephone etc. If the agreements are fixed sum edit then surely by continuously adding charges and interest on those chargesin effect continuoud small credit loans, the status of the agreement must have changed from fixed sum credit to that of running account credit as defined in sec 10 CCA1974. I cannot see how a signed and agreed fixed sum contract can be added to in this way. The charges of course must be paid but in my opinion cannot be added to the contract with interest applied,they must be settled separately. The actual inflated cost of the charge is another matter. Any comment on this would help me.

Does anyone know what the Welcome "Food Chain" is? I am aware of (from the bottom up):

• Local Branch
  • Local Management Branch (LMB)
  • Local Collections Unit (LCU)

Or in other words how much further do we have to go before we find someone who can talk sense?

I am also aware of the Customer Response Centre (CRC), and the Compliance Department in Nottingham. Would we be better cutting out the lower levels and going direct to them?

Right

I've just put together two SAR's - one for my OH and one for me.

I will send them off on Thursday when I go to the Post Office.

It's worth a try.

Can I just ask is the 40 days from when I post the letter or from when they receive it?

Thank you all.

Can I just ask is the 40 days from when I post the letter or from when they receive it?

Kittie, it is 40 calendar days from when they receive it, so add 2 working days if first class, 4 working days if second class, or send Recorded Signed For.

Good luck, I know there are mixed experiences, but they responded promptly to my partner's request (within 3 weeks), and we did discover useful things from it.

Well I did my SAR request beginning July they acknowledged this.. To date no info has been sent through.

Wrote to the Car Dearlers Car Craft re missold PPI, they said they would respond in 10 days time nothing!! so I will SAR them as well

In the meantime, local branch are sending threatning letters saying I have ignored them, despite sending them all copy letters I have sent to Nottingham by recorded post!

They have said they will send the Collectors round, even though in March I sent the Trespass letter!!

They have lost the PLOT!!

Hey BO2, not that I wish to disillusion you, but my partner last paid them on her secured loan in May 2008 (apart from a "re-write payment" in December). And they haven't even threatened court action yet! It's a long story and I will get round to posting a thread about it sometime soon.

I'm just playing catch-up reading on this thread, but she too got the "generous" settlement offer - 80% of the outstanding balance![/quote

Hope you get round to posting a thread soon Iain....even, if it helps just a few people, then its a step in the right direction to get more on welcome and their shady dealings!!

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Does anyone know what the Welcome "Food Chain" is? I am aware of (from the bottom up):

• Local Branch
  • Local Management Branch (LMB)
  • Local Collections Unit (LCU)

Or in other words how much further do we have to go before we find someone who can talk sense?

I am also aware of the Customer Response Centre (CRC), and the Compliance Department in Nottingham. Would we be better cutting out the lower levels and going direct to them?

and just what do any of them do exactly, i mean what is the difference between the LMB & LCU...as far as i see they all try the same threatomatic tactics!!!

b-o-2

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Does Quick Response Loans, mean anything at all?????????

Right not been on for a while but....

I have done CCA request and SAR.... months ago They do not phone send letters or anything new on credit file (no agreement found) Next I need to know about land registry.... how do I get them removed.... any advice welcome (as in welcome from site not asking welcome....if you know what I mean)

Planning on moving early next year and dont want them on the case.

Morning All,

As it's a dark, miserable, grey day I thought I would give you all a little ray of sunshine to cheer you all up...

UPDATE 1Cattles says to close Welcome branches cut staff

yet another nail in an almost completely sealed coffin methinks?

shame they dont say which offices are closing i just hope medway in gillingham close

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks