Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brassed off, late I know! This bit of the CCA 1974:

107 Duty to give information to surety under fixed-sum credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit in relation to which security is provided, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the surety and payment of a fee of £1 , shall give to the surety (if a different person from the debtor)—

(a) a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it;

(b) a copy of the security instrument (if any); and

© a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(i) the total sum paid under the agreement by the debtor,

(ii) the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the debtor but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due, and

(iii) the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

(2) If the creditor possesses insufficient information to enable him to ascertain the amount and dates mentioned in subsection (1)© (iii), he shall be taken to comply with that sub-paragraph if his statement under subsection (1)© gives the basis on which, under the regulated agreement, they would fall to be ascertained.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to—

(a) an agreement under which no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the debtor, or

(b) a request made less than one month after a previous request under that subsection relating to the same agreement was complied with.

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the security, so far as provided in relation to the agreement; and

(5) This section does not apply to a non-commercial agreement.

Edited by Dipply75
removed repealed section

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

has it????

:confused:

no ones contacted me

Hi PT Steven4064 said he was going to forward you copy of my docs. If you have not received them let me know. Will gladly forward them to you.

Edited by dadofholly
spelling

Hi PT Steven4064 said he was going to forward you copy of my docs. If you have not received them let me know. Will gladly forward them to you.

Thank you for the e-mail and the info - this was exactly what I was looking for :) Fingers crossed the FOS agrees that interest should not be charged on acceptance fee.

Just out of interest - what would happen in the unlikely event that the FOS do agree and say interest should not have been charged on acceptance fee - would this still have to go to court for agreement to be deemed unenforceable?

Thank you for the e-mail and the info - this was exactly what I was looking for :) Fingers crossed the FOS agrees that interest should not be charged on acceptance fee.

Just out of interest - what would happen in the unlikely event that the FOS do agree and say interest should not have been charged on acceptance fee - would this still have to go to court for agreement to be deemed unenforceable?

The more I look into it the more I think they are stuffed on this one :lol:

CCA clearly states :

For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the total charge for credit shall not be treated as credit even though time is allowed for its payment.

So would that be just about every agreement they've ever written then pmsl? :lol:

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

What it means is that something like an acceptance fee which is obviously part of the charge for credit can be paid over a period of time, often the period of the loan, but it cannot be part of the loan amount itself - in particular, this means there must be no interest added in respect of it.

Where Welcome fall down is in the area of insurance. This forms part of the loan and has interest added onto it. However, commission paid or received should be part of the charge for credit on this part of the loan. Welcome never declare it as such but include it in the premium - ie as part of the credit. Naughty, naughty

Double whammy then really. As Steven says, they are naughty with the Insurance side of it and the Acceptance Fee they LIST in the charge for credit....but we all know and have proof they then TREAT it like credit and charge interest:

Part II

Credit Agreements, Hire Agreements and Linked Transactions

8 Consumer credit agreements

(1) A personal credit agreement is an agreement between an individual (“the debtor”) and any other person (“the creditor”) by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount.

(2) A consumer credit agreement is a personal credit agreement by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit not exceeding £25,000.

(3) A consumer credit agreement is a regulated agreement within the meaning of this Act if it is not an agreement (an “exempt agreement”) specified in or under section 16.

9 Meaning of credit

(1) In this Act “credit” includes a cash loan, and any other form of financial accommodation.

(2) Where credit is provided otherwise than in sterling, it shall be treated for the purposes of this Act as provided in sterling of an equivalent amount.

(3) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the person by whom goods are bailed or (in Scotland) hired to an individual under a hire-purchase agreement shall be taken to provide him with fixed-sum credit to finance the transaction of an amount equal to the total price of the goods less the aggregate of the deposit (if any) and the total charge for credit.

(4) For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the total charge for credit shall not be treated as credit even though time is allowed for its payment.

This issue has been kicking about for ages and has nagged away at all of us (POst, Andie, Millymo, me! etc) The implications are huge!

hehe

Dipply75

bloddy hell dipply

where in the cca does it state this

cant believe ive missed this

You haven't post....you did start digging into this before, we could never get to the bottom of it though!

I may be disappear sometimes but am still here :wink:

Dipply75

Double whammy then really. As Steven says, they are naughty with the Insurance side of it and the Acceptance Fee they LIST in the charge for credit....but we all know and have proof they then TREAT it like credit and charge interest:

Part II

Credit Agreements, Hire Agreements and Linked Transactions

8 Consumer credit agreements

(1) A personal credit agreement is an agreement between an individual (“the debtor”) and any other person (“the creditor”) by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount.

(2) A consumer credit agreement is a personal credit agreement by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit not exceeding £25,000.

(3) A consumer credit agreement is a regulated agreement within the meaning of this Act if it is not an agreement (an “exempt agreement”) specified in or under section 16.

9 Meaning of credit

(1) In this Act “credit” includes a cash loan, and any other form of financial accommodation.

(2) Where credit is provided otherwise than in sterling, it shall be treated for the purposes of this Act as provided in sterling of an equivalent amount.

(3) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the person by whom goods are bailed or (in Scotland) hired to an individual under a hire-purchase agreement shall be taken to provide him with fixed-sum credit to finance the transaction of an amount equal to the total price of the goods less the aggregate of the deposit (if any) and the total charge for credit.

(4) For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the total charge for credit shall not be treated as credit even though time is allowed for its payment.

This issue has been kicking about for ages and has nagged away at all of us (POst, Andie, Millymo, me! etc) The implications are huge!

hehe

i was skimming over this,.. earlier too! you know the old saying...great minds, think alike;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Fantastic minds think alike :lol:

Can't wait to see how this plays out lol. Did you read the stuff about securities? Did you browse the sections round it about what happens if their paperwork is not right or they don't comply with your request? ;)

Dipply75

The more I look into it the more I think they are stuffed on this one :lol:

CCA clearly states :

For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the total charge for credit shall not be treated as credit even though time is allowed for its payment.

So would that be just about every agreement they've ever written then pmsl? :lol:

Hi Dipply - this is exactly what I was thinking. The more I look into this the more I think welcome have got this wrong. The debate over whether they do add interest to the acceptance fee is no longer the issue because we all know they do. They even state it in their agreements, which they will point out to you when you complain.

However, as you say it breaches section 9(4) of the consumer credit act to treat this as credit. Also the way they put the figures on the agreement to look as if no interest is added to me is confusing and misleading.

I am just getting all this info together for ajudicator at FOS now. Hopefully they will come to some sort of decision soon.

In response to PT - If the FOS can't deem an agreement unenforceable then what do they have the power to do and in this case would I have been better taking it straight to the court?

Fantastic minds think alike :lol:

Can't wait to see how this plays out lol. Did you read the stuff about securities? Did you browse the sections round it about what happens if their paperwork is not right or they don't comply with your request? ;)

Dipply, thanks for the pointer:)

still going through it all...give me a couple of days.. have a lot on at the moment;)

b-0-2

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

may be its time to draught a letter to welscum, quoting this part of the act and see what their response is:D

thoughts on this anyone?

b-o-2

Hi Guys,

I sent Welcome a letter cancelling my insurance but they never received it.

Got to send it recorded now

Great aint they?

Anyway, what will they do about this?

I gather it will be a new agreement but I'm loathe to sign any new agreement with them if you know what I mean?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

AFTER THIS BOMB SHELL, NOT SURPRISED

THE BOND HOLDERS HAVE REACHED THE 35% VOTING RIGHTS ISSUE

THEY HAVE OVER TURNED THE BANKS DECISION

SEEMS THEY WANT THERE MONEY QUICK

I THINK THIS IS NOW THE END OF A SLOW DEATH

update 23 07 09

PWC comes under scrutiny for Cattles audit - Times Online

PWC comes under scrutiny for Cattles audit

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), the UK’s largest accountancy firm, is being investigated by the financial reporting regulator into its oversight of Cattles, the beleaguered sub-prime and doorstep lender.

The inquiry by the Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board (AADB), part of the Financial Reportingmag-glass_10x10.gif Council, comes after Cattles this month said that it had undertaken a clearout of senior management over a “breakdown” in its internal controls. Six senior directors were fired.

Cattles has been in crisis since February, when PWC raised questions over the level of impairment charges that it was taking to cover a surge in problem loans. In April, having issued two profit warnings, Cattles suspended trading in its shares and said that it would no longer be able to publish its report and accounts, due by the end of that month.

The AADB said today that it would investigate the preparation, approval and audit by PWC of the financial statements of Cattles and its Welcome Finance business for the year ended December 31, 2007 and interim financial statements for the first half of 2008

etc etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks