• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm trying to find some case law on the benefit without liability issue but...

I believe if an agreement is bought in good faith with due dilligence then the argument is sound. However, in this case due dilligence would fail on the basis of the clear unenforceability of so many of the contracts, together with the mis-selling issues already raised. Additionally, if Welcome were unable (or unwilling) to pass on the true executed agreement then a court would be unable to allow enforecement.

Just my opinion - I'll dig some more.

Otherwise Welcome would have mitigated the claims by selling the agreements to a mate... oh, hang on, they did didn't they?

This seems logical and i would wager under case law would be the accpeted position but this only places the buyer of the agreement (WELCUMS EVIL PALS) with a defence to an equitable right, or remedy from a policy holder if bought in good faith.

Would this equitable right be to the detriment of the policy holer (me and you) i do not think so. Why should one equitable right destroy another especially when there is a clear and just argument that the policy holder should also have a right to action...

But then who would the policy holder bring an action against...

Edited by welcome finance warrior

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This seems logical and i would wager under case law would be the accpeted position but this only places the buyer of the agreement with an equitable right, or remedy...

Would this equitable right be to the detriment of the policy holer (me and you) i do not think so. Why should one equitable right destroy another especially when there is a clear and just argument that me and you should also have a right to action...

Yes, I believe you are right. When a business purchases an agreement it purchases it in whole - it can't selectively choose which elements to take on and which to discard. It certainly can't change the fundamentals of the agreement which are guaranteed by law - ie CCA

This seems logical and i would wager under case law would be the accpeted position but this only places the buyer of the agreement with an equitable right, or remedy...

Would this equitable right be to the detriment of the policy holer (me and you) i do not think so. Why should one equitable right destroy another especially when there is a clear and just argument that me and you should also have a right to action...

I am not saying it is right, I came up against this argument and used all the moral arguments I could think of to dismiss it.

I also used the CCA

Under sec 189 of the CCA 1974

Creditor “means the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by assignment or operation of law.

For your reference “operation of law” is a Legal Term that indicates that a right or liability has been created for a party, irrespective of the intent of that party, because it is dictated by existing legal principles.

Unfortunately I withdrew my claim as I couldn't handle all the pressure of cost etc. (it was allocated to the fast track)

but.........

you could say I won in a way as Welcome wrote off the remaining balance and removed the default on my credit file. I am still gutted I didn't see it all the way to the end.:mad:

I just want people to be aware of what they may come up against. If i knew then what I know now who know what may have happened:-)

This comes from a defence made by welcome on a claim from an agreement which was purchased by welcome

Linden Gardens Trust Ltd v Lenesta Sludge Disposals Ltd [1993] 3 WLR 408 states that a party may assign (that is, transfer) the benefit of the contract, but not the burden. The original parties remain liable for their obligations under the contract.

I am just thinking that if all these agreements get sold on then the new owner could potentially use this arguement.

Just wanted to repost this in case anyone missed it and it may help.............or not:-)

Just wanted to repost this in case anyone missed it and it may help.............or not:-)

Oh O.K that clarifies things alittle now we have some context...

This is probably the begining of the law or legal principle established in some case presented at a later stage than this.

For example i would wager (before reading the case) that this was an argument based on buyer arguning that they didnt want to pay becasue the new owner of the contract was not an original party to the contract...clearly everyone could see that this would be a false dictum since there may be many reasonable circumstances when an ENFORCEABLE agreement can bre passed over and is therefore law...

I think you will find that all sorts of complcated mechanism kick in upon allegations of uneforceability...

But it still leaves us with the original question...

Like POST SAID in an issue seperate to this...i think we would persue the people who had equity in the sale of the agreement e.g RBS

what happened LMH...

In court?

I only went once for allocation hearing, after it got automatically placed in the fast track I argued it should be in small claims but it was a no go. I then received a load of directions which I had no idea what to do with. I had already decided to withdraw my claim if it went fast track.

The problem with my claim was I made it too complicated. If I was doing it all over again I would change alot.

Could someone let me know, do Welscum have the right to apply for default charges/leters sent whilst I am waiting for my SAR if it ever arrives? (whichI send Mid May and they have acknowledged)

Also Welscum local office have written to say they have cancelled HP agreement and are going to reposses the car, or take court action.

I am trying to reclaim my missold PPI, but they AIN'T listening!!:mad::mad::mad:

ANYONE with any help on this question please??:confused:

ANYONE with any help on this question please??:confused:

lol since no one else is talking...

i'm no expert, others could advise you better...but i do know this.

If you haven't decided to stop paying the agreement completely now, then you bloody well should.

Send them in a letter saying that you are putting the account into dispute. this will automatically mean that the account freezes until they provide you with the information. also make a complaint to the FOS in writing telling them that you have put the account into dispute due to non compliance...

You can find an excellent template on hear that will do the job...

Yoour questions:

Will this shut them up?

No, they will just ignore you and keep sending the letters but can't enforce the agreement without a court order which they wont do because otherwise they will have to realease information on the SAr and they know this. So this begs the question why not realese the SAR in the first place...something to hide i'll wager. You are in a strong position dont roll over.

Anyone else please feel free to add what i have missed...

Edited by welcome finance warrior

i'm no expert, other could advise you better...but i do know this.

If you haven't decided to stop paying the agreement completely now, then you bloody well should.

Send them in a letter saying that you are putting the account into dispute. this will automatically mean that the account freezes until they provide you with the information. also make a complaint to the FOS in writing telling them that you have put the account into dispute...

You can find an excellent remplate on hear that will do the job...

Yoour questions:

Will this shut them up?

No, they will just ignore you and keep sending the letters but can't enforce the agreement without a court order....

Spot on mate, i followed the same procedure with my Welscum account....but to no avail no questions answered and low n behold i was totally ignored !

Send them in a letter saying that you are putting the account into dispute. this will automatically mean that the account freezes until they provide you with the information. also make a complaint to the FOS in writing telling them that you have put the account into dispute due to non compliance...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I havn't been able to pay since Feb as I lost my job, before that I never defaulted once..

Once I managed to get my Annual Statement it opened a can of worms..

As for trying to claim the PPI a damn good job.. passing the buck from 1 to the other!!

They are a nightmare, but I am also going to charge them for my letters!! that I send

PS: Love you replys to the Welscum snooping idiots!!

Yoour questions:

Will this shut them up?

No, they will just ignore you and keep sending the letters but can't enforce the agreement without a court order which they wont do because otherwise they will have to realease information on the SAr and they know this. So this begs the question why not realese the SAR in the first place...something to hide i'll wager. You are in a strong position dont roll over.

Furthermore, they can't just come and take the car (if you have paid more than a third of the balance) so don't let them...if they say they have a court order laugh you would have been notified of any impending action. My genuine advice to mate would just be to send the account in dispute letter in. Find the one on here about 10 pages back...

Then sit back relax and float down stream...i'll wager your case is the same as 90% of others on here...re the secret comission issue...

Furthermore, they can't just come and take the car (if you have paid more than a third of the balance) so don't let them...if they say they have a court order laugh you would have been notified of any impending action. My genuine advice to mate would just be to send the account in dispute letter in. Find the one on here about 10 pages back...

Then sit back relax and float down stream...i'll wager your case is the same as 90% of others on here...re the secret comission issue...

Well my battle is another ongoing one...

I had the bully boys round in March, somehow managing to get through Secure Door Entry System, I did my harrassement letter and told them If I ever saw them again on Private Property I would take photographs of them!! and believe me I will !!

Yep its the secret commission matter..Direct Group said Welcome, Welcome Said Carcraft...be interesting to see what Carcraft say as they have a SAR request being fired at them!!

Well my battle is another ongoing one...

I had the bully boys round in March, somehow managing to get through Secure Door Entry System, I did my harrassement letter and told them If I ever saw them again on Private Property I would take photographs of them!! and believe me I will !!

Yep its the secret commission matter..Direct Group said Welcome, Welcome Said Carcraft...be interesting to see what Carcraft say as they have a SAR request being fired at them!!

What happened with making a claim from the PPI.......(sometimes it happens)

How much have you paid? I believe they can take the car if you have paid less than a third If you have paid more then they will need a CO

What happened with making a claim from the PPI.......(sometimes it happens)

How much have you paid? I believe they can take the car if you have paid less than a third If you have paid more then they will need a CO

I was on contract work, so never qualified!:confused:

The car I have paid well over a 1/3rd for it

evening all, busy tonight lol!

At the moment I am picking a fight with Lewis Group and Howard Cohen Solicitors...am doing my utmost to pee them off :D

Had an e-mail from Howard Cohen, then after 4 weeks of constantly asking, I received an e-mail from the Lewis Group, the same person who e-mailed me from cohens? How thick to they think we are?

Lewis Group actually refusing to lodge my formal complaint about them or send me their complaints procedure! We'll see about that, I am gonna HOUND them now hehe

As for an announcement...the champers I danced a jig round the kitchen with once before when I thought they had sunk is now back out chilling, cannot wait to see them crumble :D:D:D

Post, Andie, everyone, I hope their demise is spread very publicly over a few days, let you savour it :p

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Been away for a while and things seem to be moving forward again.

Dipply, I'm having problems with Cohen as well. Am I right in thinking that in order for Welcome to pass my account to Lewis, they need to send me a Notice of Assignment?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks