• Tweets

• As i don't have any mitigating circumstances other than trying to save pennies, will they fine me to the maximum? What is the maximum fine they will impose? I honestly don't know how many times i use it.  I will get a criminal record which means i can't find another job? Will they prosecute my partner?   
    • Yes. They won't inform your employer but you may need to. You need to check what it says iin your employment contract. I don't think it usually causes huge problems for most people. HB
    • Good afternoon. I've read a few threads briefly regarding a dmp with stepchange and was 95% complete with setting one up when I noticed the advice of letting things default instead and/or managing a dmp yourself. My current situation is the following £470 owed to Jacamo. Has not defaulted. Currently on a £10 payment plan with them for 12 months. Not sure what to do here £2700 owed to Vanquis - Credit Card. Has not defaulted and I have not missed payments. I am unemployed and even making a £200 payment from my benefit means £80 odd gets eaten thanks to interest. Guessing I let this default and then set up a payment plan after? £2500 owed to Lowell who bought from Very and passed on to Overdales after I ignored them. Last payment to Lowell was 30th November 2022. Plan here was to fight them in small claims court if it ever gets that far, assuming the worst. Any advice is very much appreciated, thank you.
    • will they inform my employer and sack me?  
    • Ok, so they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know i'm going off point so i'll just say this then am off to deliver some leaflets...

Its not just welcome its everyone. Remember the Gas and electricity hikes last winter that were justified because they were indexed link to oil and therefore when oil prices rise so did the gas and electricity...even though oils got nothing to do with gas and electricty...

Have the gas and electricity companies brought the prices down. Did they ever...no they did not...

We are all just a number, a crop to be harvested by big corporartions and the government.

AND NO AM NOT BEEN DRAMATIC.

i might just start referring to my self as JT 75 87

which is part of my NI, I suggest you all do the same just so we can streamline everything and make ourselves a more productive crop to be harvested...

Kind regards all

Me:mad:

Completely off topic too::

i hope your ready for you flu jab

i think lambs to the slaughter springs to my mind

we are just a number

to all please please please im no doctor but research the flu jab

and tamiflu because if you dont you could really end up errrrr dead!!!

anyways enough of this now

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we will know prob about 5 what the situation is with cattles

my money is on a winding up order

. . . the staff at Welcome are probably reading all your posts to try to find out their future too! Would you put it past them to be hiding the truth from them too? lol

I'm waiting patiently now to see this announcement . . . Well done to you PostGGI and all others that have taken the lead in sorting them out. In any post about Welcome you seem to have been really helpful in offering your support & time. Thanks for that!

Hi Post / Fellow Caggers

Got a little snippet of information for you......dont know whether you'll be interested or whether it'll apply, but here goes....( draws in long breath )

I had had enough of waiting around for Welcome / FOS to rectify my complaint and decided to go through my paperwork once again, just to see if there was anything I had missed. Upon closer inspection ( I havent had the time to devote myself to this complaint lately ), I discovered that not all info was supplied in my S.A.R. Now when I contacted Welcome yesterday and demanded the S.A.R be responded to, a gentleman came on who shall remain nameless, but who is apparently dealing with clients who have submitted a complaint through FOS. He advised me that Welcome have reviewed a number of files mid June ( mine included ) and have decided to settle the complaint !! He said that as I had submitted the complaint to FOS, they would have to write to FOS with a settlement form, FOS to write to me with same form, me to sign, return to FOS, FOS return to Welcome ansd then Welcome pay out - all which can take approx 4-5 months !!!

I have instructed my solicitor to check this out as I simply cannot believe this and that they would roll over so easily, given the current situation they are in. I have asked my solicitor to check this again, but also to see if they can deal direct with me if I withdraw my complaint with FOS ( which Im sure FOS would be very happy about as they are up to their eyes in it )...and pay me directly ? I am due to start my maternity leave thjis weekend :D and was wondering could I claim financial hardship, as my wages will drop down to £115 a week mat pay ( with 3 kids to support ! ).....Can anyone advise on this ?????

Get on the blower to Welcome and check your complaint out, if you have a complaint logged with FOS, they may well have reviewed this and decided to settle ( you may not have been told yet )

Good luck all

xx:D

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

It would be strange that after all the delaying tatics that they will now start recognising complaints. However I believe it costs welcome money if the fos are forced to investigate complaints therefore perhaps in some cases they will find it cheaper just to pay up straight away.

Postggj, did you get my emails?

To add to what you'd said also though, last week my complaint that PPI had been added to my loan, I got an out of the blue offer of a settlement . . . . a bit of a change from "you signed for it!"

It's a hard decision, especially if you're going to go on maternity etc . . .

Edited by UnWelcomeCharges
Speeling lol

Is anyone having then same problem,

I have wrote in twice to the compliance department where they have told me that my complaint has gone to a gentleman called Nick Morgan, however over three weeks he has not got back to me???????

I have stopped my payments as my agreement was not HP and the information was wrong so the account is in dispute, however no acknowledgement from them at all, what they playing at?????

I have contacted the FOS and they have commenced my complaint, this is a shambles of customer service.

Thought people might be interested in this act of desperation from Welcome.

Remember, my original loan was for £11,000. No Payments to loan since August 07. Started in July 2006, term = 121 months. Got Letter Before Action in June advising if I did not cough up over £17,000 before 2nd July then they would see me in court.

9th July, got this !

If Cattles are wound up - what will happen to existing agreements ?

J

17391_20090714122644086.pdf

And just found this on Lewis Group's website

Important Announcement

Published Thursday 25 June 2009

cattles.jpegIn recent months, our parent company Cattles has taken a series of measures to strengthen the business, reduce costs and preserve liquidity. These measures mainly affect Cattles principal lending operation, Welcome Financial Services. It is not the intention that any staff reductions or redundancies will take place within The Lewis Group (TLG).

At the half-year ended 30 June 2008 TLG’s profits were up 47% on those of 2007 at £5.8m and we expect that the year ending 31 December 2008 will be another very successful one for our business.

Cattles is committed to further investment in the growth of TLG, the various contractual forward-flow purchase commitments will be met and TLG will continue to participate in the debt sale spot purchase market.

The Board of TLG would like to assure you that the high level of service you receive from TLG will in no way be affected or compromised as a result of the measures announced today.

If you would like to discuss any matters or need further explanation please call :-

Dave Berry – Managing Director 0870 751 3502

Dr Roger Lucas – Vice Chairman 0870 751 3501

hi everyone,not sure if i should start a new thread or not so advice would be appreciated if i should?

I sent a SAR to welcome with my fee on the 1 june 09 the forty days are up but no reply or acknowledgement(signed for 2nd june)? sent email requesting a reply and sent letter today giving 7 days before i seek court action. should i ring them asking why they have not replied to my request?

thankyou in advance for any help

One of the jobs listed states the following:

"We are looking to recruit a temporary finance assistant to join our busy Bank Reconciliation team. You’ll be responsible for reconciling the company accounts with the bank statement and to investigate and rectify any errors or discrepancies. "

anybody want that job??

just whilst we are waiting for some news have alook at this completely off topic i know but watch it only 12 mins long ...

Dailymotion - Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda - une vidéo Expression Libre

u will notice its from 1976

just started watching this link but turned it off half way off as it scared me have got a cold now and kids are coming down with it this clip should come with a warning do not watch if you are a hypochondriac lol

hopefully its not the same drug they are giving you now though....

And just found this on Lewis Group's website

Important Announcement

Published Thursday 25 June 2009

cattles.jpegIn recent months, our parent company Cattles has taken a series of measures to strengthen the business, reduce costs and preserve liquidity. These measures mainly affect Cattles principal lending operation, Welcome Financial Services. It is not the intention that any staff reductions or redundancies will take place within The Lewis Group (TLG).

At the half-year ended 30 June 2008 TLG’s profits were up 47% on those of 2007 at £5.8m and we expect that the year ending 31 December 2008 will be another very successful one for our business.

Cattles is committed to further investment in the growth of TLG, the various contractual forward-flow purchase commitments will be met and TLG will continue to participate in the debt sale spot purchase market.

The Board of TLG would like to assure you that the high level of service you receive from TLG will in no way be affected or compromised as a result of the measures announced today.

If you would like to discuss any matters or need further explanation please call :-

Dave Berry – Managing Director 0870 751 3502

Dr Roger Lucas – Vice Chairman 0870 751 3501

so that was on the lewis group website was it

what complete and utter rollocks

so half year profits were up 47% and expect 5.8 million by close of biz dec 2008

where did you plug those figures from

well they are not in cattles figures

infact

cattles/lewis/welcom/cl

have not even declared its accounts to companies house

why do you think they have now been ejected from the ftse 250

even now you still cant even tell the truth

cretins

One of the jobs listed states the following:

"We are looking to recruit a temporary finance assistant to join our busy Bank Reconciliation team. You’ll be responsible for reconciling the company accounts with the bank statement and to investigate and rectify any errors or discrepancies. "

anybody want that job??

ohhh i want this job i would be perfect at it cant count to save my life get confused after 10 (lol) where do i apply???????????

To add to what you'd said also though, last week my complaint that PPI had been added to my loan, I got an out of the blue offer of a settlement . . . . a bit of a change from "you signed for it!"

It's a hard decision, especially if you're going to go on maternity etc . . .

Thanks for the reply - I am well aware of Welcomes tactics, been trying to play games with me since October last year. I ranf FOS and have told them all about it, they were very very interested lets just say and asked for an e-mail from me detailing everything was was said via telephone. They have assured me they will look into this and will call me within 48 hours to advise......something just doesnt add up though....I can smell a HUGE rat - best not mess with me !! No way I am withdrawing my FOS complaint now - its been with them 7 months already and so I can go the distance and wait another 7 is need be, wouldnt be happy mind you but I would wait :grin:

Forsure

Hi Post / Fellow Caggers

Got a little snippet of information for you......dont know whether you'll be interested or whether it'll apply, but here goes....( draws in long breath )

I had had enough of waiting around for Welcome / FOS to rectify my complaint and decided to go through my paperwork once again, just to see if there was anything I had missed. Upon closer inspection ( I havent had the time to devote myself to this complaint lately ), I discovered that not all info was supplied in my S.A.R. Now when I contacted Welcome yesterday and demanded the S.A.R be responded to, a gentleman came on who shall remain nameless, but who is apparently dealing with clients who have submitted a complaint through FOS. He advised me that Welcome have reviewed a number of files mid June ( mine included ) and have decided to settle the complaint !! He said that as I had submitted the complaint to FOS, they would have to write to FOS with a settlement form, FOS to write to me with same form, me to sign, return to FOS, FOS return to Welcome ansd then Welcome pay out - all which can take approx 4-5 months !!!

I have instructed my solicitor to check this out as I simply cannot believe this and that they would roll over so easily, given the current situation they are in. I have asked my solicitor to check this again, but also to see if they can deal direct with me if I withdraw my complaint with FOS ( which Im sure FOS would be very happy about as they are up to their eyes in it )...and pay me directly ? I am due to start my maternity leave thjis weekend :D and was wondering could I claim financial hardship, as my wages will drop down to £115 a week mat pay ( with 3 kids to support ! ).....Can anyone advise on this ?????

Get on the blower to Welcome and check your complaint out, if you have a complaint logged with FOS, they may well have reviewed this and decided to settle ( you may not have been told yet )

Good luck all

xx:D

Any thoughts on this at all ? What should I do or has anyone else been on the receiving end of this ?

Forsure

ohhh i want this job i would be perfect at it cant count to save my life get confused after 10 (lol) where do i apply???????????

but how would explain the £1.5bn hole in the accounts that you would find?

hi everyone,not sure if i should start a new thread or not so advice would be appreciated if i should?

I sent a SAR to welcome with my fee on the 1 june 09 the forty days are up but no reply or acknowledgement(signed for 2nd june)? sent email requesting a reply and sent letter today giving 7 days before i seek court action. should i ring them asking why they have not replied to my request?

thankyou in advance for any help

Hi Anton, If you haven't already, I would advise you to start a new thread as you will get lost amongst this lot!.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks