Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Postggj, you obviously know a huge amount about Welcome. I have a car, via CarCraft/Ucan, including PPI and Gap. I'm paying it, have been since 12/07 although I am missing 3 payments. I love the car - want to keep it even though it's well over the odds price wise. Do you think it would be worth starting a thread with my Welcome agreement? Not that I'm looking to stop paying, but to see if there is a way of getting the payments down to a more manageable level (I pay £500/month)

cheers

T2

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all for your replies. The loan I had originally with Welcome was an unsecured loan, it then progressed to a secured loan in the sum of £15,000. Does it make a difference if it is for a car or not?

lolly1977

unsecured to a secured loan, bad idea with welcome

did you sign a new agreement to begin with

how is it listed on your credit file

were you given 14 days to contemplate before signing for the loan,

important

when you signed the agreement how meny days was it before you received the cheque

An update to the PM I sent you Postggj;

2 more things: I don't know if this is relevant but I've just noticed my original agreement is signed by me but not signed or dated by welcome. Also, where it says the payments the weekly/monthly is not indicated

Also the Mechanical breakdows and PPI Demands and needs statements both have the wrong registration on them (the first letter is wrong)

Hi T2 have dropped a pm with some info that may be able to help you.

Thanks very much, dadofholly.

I tried to PM back but it keeps freezing.

Is this OK to discuss in open forum or is it a secret?

Really? Wow - well there is no mention of that anywhere in any of the paperwork, and I have everything from the day I bought the car.

I had heard something about that elsewhere, it's one of the things which got me interested (as well as their shoddy behaviour).

The thing that concerns me is, despite being in arrears, things are quiet. I don't really want to tip their hand so I am forced to pay the 2200 I owe - I don't have that kind of cash spare. Also, I want to keep the car, if the agreement is null and void does the car revert to them?

I'd love to know more though, 500/month is a lot of cash!

Thanks for the heads up!

T2

Thanks very much, dadofholly.

I tried to PM back but it keeps freezing.

Is this OK to discuss in open forum or is it a secret?

Really? Wow - well there is no mention of that anywhere in any of the paperwork, and I have everything from the day I bought the car.

I had heard something about that elsewhere, it's one of the things which got me interested (as well as their shoddy behaviour).

The thing that concerns me is, despite being in arrears, things are quiet. I don't really want to tip their hand so I am forced to pay the 2200 I owe - I don't have that kind of cash spare. Also, I want to keep the car, if the agreement is null and void does the car revert to them?

I'd love to know more though, 500/month is a lot of cash!

Thanks for the heads up!

T2

Hi replied to your pm which idid receive.

You need to SAR ucan/carcraft... make sure you ask for details of any commission they were paid. Also SAR welcome.

Once you get info back can look at possible options then

OK, thanks, I'll SAR both tomorrow.

My concerns are that Welcome will see that as the beginning of a hostile action and fight back. I'm happy to enter the fight if necessary but with over £2000 arrears, which they are quiet about for now, I'm wondering if thats enough ammo for them to get nasty with...

ill send you a pm in the morning

you are next in line:-)

on a lighter side

i can see this being the final curtain now

the banks would have announced a rescue plan by now and now this with the bond holders and investors

only public liability insurance for three months

etc, etc

told you the bad news would come in drib and drabs

ill send you a pm in the morning

you are next in line:-)

on a lighter side

i can see this being the final curtain now

the banks would have announced a rescue plan by now and now this with the bond holders and investors

only public liability insurance for three months

etc, etc

told you the bad news would come in drib and drabs

It's such a shame to see the demise of this great financial institution. I feel sorry for the staff.....

NOT!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks