• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this is the first week with no phone calls from them, normally 7 a week all different numbers that my other half takes messages for and strangley enough to return the call on a mobile i didnt think this was allowed can anyone clarify this for me.

Many thanks keep up the good work it's helping me as of yet nothing to report, WF are dragging there heels so to speak.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

morning eeeezzzzy

your up early

it seems welcome are realy desperate, and i mean desperate

why stil no anouncement to the share holders

why are the auditors being quiet

you would think cattles would plaster it all over its web site

me thinks not long now

morning eeeezzzzy

your up early

it seems welcome are realy desperate, and i mean desperate

why stil no anouncement to the share holders

why are the auditors being quiet

you would think cattles would plaster it all over its web site

me thinks not long now

morning post eeeezzzzzzzzzzy could it be the calm before the storm, noticed cattles anounced 2 new directors on thurs one robert east and the other gary cant recall his surname, robert east is "the chief restructuring officer"??

http://www.cattles.co.uk/picture/upload/file/Cattles%20AGM%20circular%20FINAL%20APPROVED.pdf

not sure if anyone has posted this up?

the posts on lse sharechat suggest they may vote for resolution 6...

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Resolution 6 only becomes revelant if people continue to lend to cattles. It really is surprising that despite all the events that cattles customer service is still appalling. I would be interested in the number of complaints currently lodged with the FOS. Can you imagine the amount of money welcome will have to refund for PPI/charges etc on top the £1.2bn (I think) that has gone missing. My impression is that they are dragging their heels as far as refunds go so they can present the best possible picture to the banks to get the loans renewed and once that is done they will be forced to give refunds back. It's all very underhand..

blimey that was quick:

Dept 33 although not listed on the letter i received from aviva has come back i they allowed to say they can't provide me with a final decision:

"We will contact you again within the next 10 working days. At that time we would hope to be able to (cook the books) provide you with a final decision on behalf of the disorganisation, but should that not prove possible, we will (stall you) and advise you as to the current position" (finger nail biting time)

Please find enclosed a copy of our complaint enquiry...blah blah blah...

Phone: Technical Team

The Warren, Warren Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9QD

Tel: 01903 273632

Fax: 01903 273303

this may help some of you guys out...but i doubt it...

Advice Please

My predicament:

Several years back (at least 5) with my former husband, a secured loan was acquired with Welcome for 15k with other surcharges so total loan was just short of 20k. We agreed (though for the life of me I can not remember agreeing to this) to repay over 15yrs, thereby repaying 54k!!

The marriage broke up, the house in joint names was sold and a big chunk , approx 14k, was paid to Welcome, which discharged the secured loan for the original amount, the outstanding balance of approx 6k was put onto an unsecured personal loan. I can’t remember if we signed a new loan agreement & Welcome are saying we didn’t so therefore the original loan agreement stands and this is the amount that they have been adding interest etc onto for the last 3.5yrs. Both my ex husband & I had other debts we were struggling to pay so we both entered into a DMP with CCCS. I was by that point a single parent on a small wage. On checking my credit file recently, I noticed that the debt to Welcome noted there was approx 9,000k outstanding. However when I rang them I was told that the outstanding amount is approx 35k as interest had been accruing over the last 5 yrs since the original secured loan was taken out. They said they had no record of having received the 14k, although they have since "found" this.

Plus Welcome are saying that the loan was top loaded with all the interest right from the very start, so in essence a 54k loan (can they do this, is it legal). So when the 14k was paid to Welcome after the house sale, they are saying that amount was taken off the 54k leaving a balance of 40k. None of this was made to my knowledge clear to me or my ex at the time, however they are now saying the balance remaining is 35k. Now I know my repayments have been minimal (£38.00 not even touching the interest I would imagine and I’m fairly certain my Ex is not even been paying regularly and most likely a small amount as well. So how is it we owe 34k, the sums even to me don’t equate, the figure should be above 40k (as Welcome) are still applying interest to the sum we owe, regardless of DMP).

Now as said Welcome are stating that we owe this huge amount of money to them, yet both of our DMP’s say we owe approx 8k, so its all very very confusing. I get absolutely no help or more the opposite from Welcome when phoning or contacting them.

I’m a single parent on a relatively low wage as I work PT, I have little if any hope of ever paying off such a debt. I am now in long term relationship and this mistake of mine has recently come to light and more worryingly for me is can any of this effect or tarnish my partner’s credit/life, as I live with him, although our finances are separate; can he be held liable for me?

So far I have made plans to visit my local Trading Standards office to discuss matters and the next day I plan to visit my solicitor. My ex is thinking about entering into an IVA and it has been suggested to me that a way out could be a Trust Deed, as obviously this debt to Welcome will never ever be repaid.

Hopefully this story is legible has I have so much going through my head with facts/dates/debts relating to this saga, it proved difficult to put into words. I would greatly appreciate any opinions/advice no matter how trivial or damning, but I need help and directions on how to ease my predicament/mess.

Many thanks in advance

Thought I'd better mention I now live in North Scotland whilst Ex is in South England, during the break up process and several moves by ex, all of the original paperwork has been lost! However I have just finally received from Welcome a copy of the top sheet of our agreement, but not the clause sheet.

Advice Please

My predicament:

Several years back (at least 5) with my former husband, a secured loan was acquired with Welcome for 15k with other surcharges so total loan was just short of 20k. We agreed (though for the life of me I can not remember agreeing to this) to repay over 15yrs, thereby repaying 54k!!

The marriage broke up, the house in joint names was sold and a big chunk , approx 14k, was paid to Welcome, which discharged the secured loan for the original amount, the outstanding balance of approx 6k was put onto an unsecured personal loan. I can’t remember if we signed a new loan agreement & Welcome are saying we didn’t so therefore the original loan agreement stands and this is the amount that they have been adding interest etc onto for the last 3.5yrs. Both my ex husband & I had other debts we were struggling to pay so we both entered into a DMP with CCCS. I was by that point a single parent on a small wage. On checking my credit file recently, I noticed that the debt to Welcome noted there was approx 9,000k outstanding. However when I rang them I was told that the outstanding amount is approx 35k as interest had been accruing over the last 5 yrs since the original secured loan was taken out. They said they had no record of having received the 14k, although they have since "found" this.

Plus Welcome are saying that the loan was top loaded with all the interest right from the very start, so in essence a 54k loan (can they do this, is it legal). So when the 14k was paid to Welcome after the house sale, they are saying that amount was taken off the 54k leaving a balance of 40k. None of this was made to my knowledge clear to me or my ex at the time, however they are now saying the balance remaining is 35k. Now I know my repayments have been minimal (£38.00 not even touching the interest I would imagine and I’m fairly certain my Ex is not even been paying regularly and most likely a small amount as well. So how is it we owe 34k, the sums even to me don’t equate, the figure should be above 40k (as Welcome) are still applying interest to the sum we owe, regardless of DMP).

Now as said Welcome are stating that we owe this huge amount of money to them, yet both of our DMP’s say we owe approx 8k, so its all very very confusing. I get absolutely no help or more the opposite from Welcome when phoning or contacting them.

I’m a single parent on a relatively low wage as I work PT, I have little if any hope of ever paying off such a debt. I am now in long term relationship and this mistake of mine has recently come to light and more worryingly for me is can any of this effect or tarnish my partner’s credit/life, as I live with him, although our finances are separate; can he be held liable for me?

So far I have made plans to visit my local Trading Standards office to discuss matters and the next day I plan to visit my solicitor. My ex is thinking about entering into an IVA and it has been suggested to me that a way out could be a Trust Deed, as obviously this debt to Welcome will never ever be repaid.

Hopefully this story is legible has I have so much going through my head with facts/dates/debts relating to this saga, it proved difficult to put into words. I would greatly appreciate any opinions/advice no matter how trivial or damning, but I need help and directions on how to ease my predicament/mess.

Many thanks in advance

Thought I'd better mention I now live in North Scotland whilst Ex is in South England, during the break up process and several moves by ex, all of the original paperwork has been lost! However I have just finally received from Welcome a copy of the top sheet of our agreement, but not the clause sheet.

Hi Nosila

Before thinking about entering into any bankruptcy, please find out what the EXACT financial position is...not what the untrained monkeys at Welcome are telling you. :mad:

We can help you get a handle on this and take if from there. If there are ohter debts yu are worried about on top and you think a Trust Deed will help, I used to work with them so let me know if I can help, but

please find out what the real story is before taking a serious action like that just for those scumbags.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

blimey that was quick:

Dept 33 although not listed on the letter i received from aviva has come back i they allowed to say they can't provide me with a final decision:

"We will contact you again within the next 10 working days. At that time we would hope to be able to (cook the books) provide you with a final decision on behalf of the disorganisation, but should that not prove possible, we will (stall you) and advise you as to the current position" (finger nail biting time)

Please find enclosed a copy of our complaint enquiry...blah blah blah...

Phone: Technical Team

The Warren, Warren Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9QD

Tel: 01903 273632

Fax: 01903 273303

this may help some of you guys out...but i doubt it...

Sorry for not posting to you sooner, been up to my eyeballs lately! Will read your post and see if theres any advice I can offer, but you seem to be doing fine ;)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hello all

Having moved house (still not sold flat that secured welcome loan is attached too) I thought I would get copies of my credit report from experian/equifax the old fashioned way and see whats what....well welcome have disappeared from my experian report completely, am I wrong or would it show even though I have moved, they have listed my previous addresses? On my equifax however it is still there...but get this listed as being a mortgage for a joint account!! Obviously they are getting a letter....also found a court decree that I never knew I had, don't know what that is for, they will also get a letter for that!! bloody cra's. Still not paid a settlement and still welcome have not asked for any payment...hmmmm. 8-)

Can anyone tell me if Welcome Finance have been fined by the FSA please, currently trying to reclaim mis sold PPI due to seeing the Martin's money expert item on website.

Also can anyone tell me if I can claim mis sold PPI from Yes Car finance now that they have gone bust?

Thank you

Can anyone tell me if Welcome Finance have been fined by the FSA please, currently trying to reclaim mis sold PPI due to seeing the Martin's money expert item on website.

Also can anyone tell me if I can claim mis sold PPI from Yes Car finance now that they have gone bust?

Thank you

No welcome have not been fined... but give it time.

was the loan for a car? and if so did you get finance direct from welcome or via a broker?

welcome have not been fined but told to repay ppi on most of the complaints

by the way. its the fos, not the fsa you need to deal with ref a complaint

if you have a yes car agreement , i can tell you now the agreement will be complete crap, please start your own thread on that lolly

not lost a yes car issue yet

why do you think welcome/direct group and norwich union have been trying to run us around in circles

there are a few court cases comming up where a disclosure order has been requested on the commission sheets

it will cost welcome/cattles millions

the prob is where in the past these orders have been requested, welcome withdraw the claim rather than comply

drives me mad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks