Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dipply I have one.

Traz - i've heard from their press guy it's not gonna be next week - thats as much as I know

Morning all, flying visit!

Andie, can you describe what was included in the annual statement that Welcome sent you? (and anyone else that received one please)

Did it list payments, interest and dates etc?

Would be so helpful, thanks!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Er, I hope you are wrong my friend!

How can they charge me for something when I'm not overdue?

Even they aren't that stupid!

Are they?

Yes, they are that stupid. They charged me many times for this exact reason and this is what led me to start investigating my account. I would ask them for a statement to check, chances are they have been charging you £10 each time they have called. I phoned several time to query these charges and was told that they would continue adding charges unless I set up a DD, which I refused to do.

Er, I hope you are wrong my friend!

How can they charge me for something when I'm not overdue?

Even they aren't that stupid!

Are they?

Yes Im afraid so ! Never underestimate Welcome - They have a habit of making things up as they go along - Maybe its their party piece ? :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Morning all, flying visit!

Andie, can you describe what was included in the annual statement that Welcome sent you? (and anyone else that received one please)

Did it list payments, interest and dates etc?

Would be so helpful, thanks!

Dipply

Yes it has dates and then the payment running total debited off

Then it has date - Capitilisation (interest) and the running total credited.

At the bottom is then that nice little disclaimer about interest being added on the amount outstanding AND the acceptance fee - sure thats for those people that didn't get it on their contracts - why what you thinking??

Millymo - reply from Andrew Moss - my complaint is going to be forwarded to Tony Elphick!!!!!!! :mad: and Sue Dewey :-x

Are they kidding me or what - the very team I am complaining about and infact the very person gets my complaint forwarded straight back to them.

They got a VERY arsy reply off me - that is it i'm sick of it.

PT if you pop by I really need help with my thread about forcing a company to disclose information - even the CEO is now taking the p**s!!

I had a letter this morning from Welcome Finance, Data Services, Mail Centre, Middle Bank, Doncaster, DN55 1WG enclosing a Direct Debit mandate.

They are having a laugh aren't they?

If they were to read my letters ( which obviously they don't ) then they would know my current financial position.

This company is ****.

Millymo - reply from Andrew Moss - my complaint is going to be forwarded to Tony Elphick!!!!!!! :mad: and Sue Dewey :-x

Are they kidding me or what - the very team I am complaining about and infact the very person gets my complaint forwarded straight back to them.

They got a VERY arsy reply off me - that is it i'm sick of it.

PT if you pop by I really need help with my thread about forcing a company to disclose information - even the CEO is now taking the p**s!!

Hi Andie - they are having a laugh surely they must know if you feel the need to complain to CEO then you are getting nowhere with department you are complaining about.

I have not had reply yet but I expect to get the same response. The only thing was I did say I did not want this being passed back to dept 33 in my original complaint so I won't be happy if they do. I will keep you posted.

Just a quick query - we got a final response to our complaint from Welcome CRC last week but I noticed that on the envelope they had put a sticker saying if undelivered return to :

Welcome Financial Services

Bishops House

Abbeyfields Road

Lenton

Nottingham

NG7 2SZ

I have not seen this address before but is this where CRC are based and not in Mere Way as I previously thought.

I had a letter this morning from Welcome Finance, Data Services, Mail Centre, Middle Bank, Doncaster, DN55 1WG enclosing a Direct Debit mandate.

I had the same today too. The cheque is acceptable statement on it made me smile. My local branch are not accepting cheques, wanting cash or debit card only!!!!! they actually returned the cheque i sent in!!

I should take the cheque back with a copy of the mail shot, that would p**s then off.

I am heartily sick of them!!

Dipply

Yes it has dates and then the payment running total debited off

Then it has date - Capitilisation (interest) and the running total credited.

At the bottom is then that nice little disclaimer about interest being added on the amount outstanding AND the acceptance fee - sure thats for those people that didn't get it on their contracts - why what you thinking??

Thanks for that. i am thinking that as point one of my OH's case aginst them is to force them to remove any interest charged for the whole time they have not supplied an annual statement (that is ever lol) and we can then work with that amended figure for the rest (refund PPI, DPA breach charges etc)

Will be doing this with RBS also methinks. Thing is, with a normal high st loan it works out only a few hundred in interest to be refunded but with WELCOME interest rates???!!!

Thats a much bigger fish ;)

I think it would be too easy for **** companies to just make false entries saying statements were sent so a full SAR first, and if they are not there (or you have not already received) then you could take this route.

Have asked for opinions on this in the Legalities section too.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Andie - they are having a laugh surely they must know if you feel the need to complain to CEO then you are getting nowhere with department you are complaining about.

I have not had reply yet but I expect to get the same response. The only thing was I did say I did not want this being passed back to dept 33 in my original complaint so I won't be happy if they do. I will keep you posted.

I put that on mine as well but it still went back - so he got it both barrells back!!

WTF do you need to do with this company??

I put that on mine as well but it still went back - so he got it both barrells back!!

WTF do you need to do with this company??

I personally think that they are relying on the fact that FOS takes forever and are hoping we all just disappear. I don't believe for one minute that Andrew Moss has even read our complaints. I understand he can't personally respond to every complaint he gets about NU - and lets face it he must get a lot - but his office could ensure that these complaints are dealt with properley without passing the buck.

I personally think that they are relying on the fact that FOS takes forever and are hoping we all just disappear. I don't believe for one minute that Andrew Moss has even read our complaints. I understand he can't personally respond to every complaint he gets about NU - and lets face it he must get a lot - but his office could ensure that these complaints are dealt with properley without passing the buck.

They are relying on the fact that I can't go to FOS and thats what fustrates me sooooooo much!

They are a joke!!

Quick update and seeking advice. Welcome sent out documnets in reply to my sar. They only sent documents relating to the cureent loan and not the previous two.

So I am sending letter looking charges back, Letter of dispute given sar hasn't been fulfilled, and another letter asking wht i have documentation relating to ppi when they said in a final response i never got ppi.

Now for the advice. My cca looks ok except for a box at the bottom where a preexisting account number should be filled in. This has been left blank is that enough to void the agreement?

what a joke

just got home to find a letter enclosing a direct debit mandate.... had to laugh as the opening ststement is....here at welcome finance were always looking for new ways to improve our customer service. Thats why we`d like to take a moment to explian all the convenient options we can offer you to make your life easier.

they want to try getting the basics right first....idiots

Hi mojo8,

Just like the one I received.

They are trying to get in as much money as they can.

I would not trust this bunch of confidence tricksters one second as they could drain a person's Bank Account in one second flat.

If everybody across the UK with a Welcome Finance loan were to cancel all their Direct Debits for one month or more, then this loanshark type company would go belly-up immediately......... :idea:

what a joke

just got home to find a letter enclosing a direct debit mandate.... had to laugh as the opening ststement is....here at welcome finance were always looking for new ways to improve our customer service. Thats why we`d like to take a moment to explian all the convenient options we can offer you to make your life easier.

they want to try getting the basics right first....idiots

Hey All

Ho hum still waiting on a settlement figure from Welscum, supposed to be moving out next Tuesday....there's only £5,000 equity left on the property, pretty sure they will have their greedy hands all over it, but I'm still gonna claim my PPI and all my charges once I get my head together & dismiss the resentment that is bubbling up at the moment. In the meantime I've reported them as loansharks on the DirectGov website :cool: it won't go anywhere as they are apparently legal, but felt compelled to make the point that they fit at least three of the descriptive categories for defining a 'loanshark' as detailed below!

• they rarely give any paperwork to the people they've loaned money to - making it very difficult to keep track of how much is owed
  • if payments are missed, they often use threats and violence to get more money
  • they charge extremely high rates of interest and also add other 'charges' to loans whenever they want
  • they take away people's bank cards as 'security'

In fairness (Ahem) i've never heard of them taking a bank card as security, but they bloody well take everything else.

On the plus side, had a wee meeting with my really quite useless lawyer (bless) and a quick squiz at my PPI doc, def NU underwriters & def DG admin & def sold by welcome...all in the lovely welcome coloured printed brochure, like it was designed and printed by...er .....welcome. I'll be getting these docs back soon then inspired my lawyers complacency I'm gunning for them again. Fires have been stoked.

Lets hope someone at Directgov has a conscience.

Morning amjestermoon,

I am sorry to hear of your plight.

But also look on the bright side that you can start again and will be free of Wellscum.

I am going for a DRO soon and I will be free of these ba****ds too.

At all times I have written to WF to keep them abreast of my financial position and apart from two letters from CRC Complaints, I have NEVER received one single reply from many letters that I have sent to their branch.

At least I am not being plagued by phone calls from them as they know that they can't get " Blood Out of a Stone ".

Take care

Voda

Quick update and seeking advice. Welcome sent out documnets in reply to my sar. They only sent documents relating to the cureent loan and not the previous two.

So I am sending letter looking charges back, Letter of dispute given sar hasn't been fulfilled, and another letter asking wht i have documentation relating to ppi when they said in a final response i never got ppi.

Now for the advice. My cca looks ok except for a box at the bottom where a preexisting account number should be filled in. This has been left blank is that enough to void the agreement?

EBOY - an insufficent SAR is not grounds to put an account into dispute and stop paying - sorry

I had the same today too. The cheque is acceptable statement on it made me smile. My local branch are not accepting cheques, wanting cash or debit card only!!!!! they actually returned the cheque i sent in!!

I should take the cheque back with a copy of the mail shot, that would p**s then off.

I am heartily sick of them!!

If it's a Welcome cheque quite right to ......it might bounce:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks