Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys bit of brain picking here.

The deadline for welcome coming back to me regarding my mis-sold PPi and gap insurance, has passed. The date was promised by them by letter.

Now on my workings, even if i was to lose the ppi with the 8% interest i claimed i would still owe them some money... though this would be less than £1,000.

I have not paid any money to them for a couple of months as i put the account into dispute.

So if they dont come back to me... what would my best course of action be?

It made think when in Huddersfield the other day saw a building called Norwich Union House and surprise surprise.

Progressive Finance Ltd have an office in there

01484 425 443

NORWICH UNION HOUSE

24 HIGH STREET

HUDDERSFIELD HD1 2LR

It made think when in Huddersfield the other day saw a building called Norwich Union House and surprise surprise.

01484 425 443

NORWICH UNION HOUSE

24 HIGH STREET

HUDDERSFIELD HD1 2LR

Very interesting Jacksi - thats just like DG and NU having offices in the same building in Doncaster - makes you think doesn't it??

MY ADVISE - IF YOU ALL WANT WELCOME TO FOLD DO THE FOLLOWING.

ALL REFUSE TO PAY ANYTHING

THEY ARE LIARS AND A VILE COMPANY, FULL OF LIES, CHEATING, ILLEGAL PRACTICE, THE LIST GOES ON.

PEOPLE POWER WILL RULE AND THEY WILL FOLD IF EVERYONE IS SENDING THE SAME MESSAGE,

LOL ALL:cool:

01484 425 443

NORWICH UNION HOUSE

24 HIGH STREET

HUDDERSFIELD HD1 2LR

there must be so much wrong doing here. i cannot belive how involved with each other they are...... god there must be so much serious fraud here

Well it's taken me 2 days, but I think I've now read most of this thread and I'm intrigued! Not to mention addicted. I don't pretend to understand a lot of it and obviously a lots on the qt - but its made for v interesting reading. I shall be glued to it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Doesn't quite work like that Rik and I am a big advocate for Welcome reform but your statement is both highly dangerous and ill thought out.

There are people that COULD lose their houses if they stopped paying, people that have been trying to build up their credit rating that would be affected if they stopped paying.

Some people are not strong enough to send up to the threats and doorstep collector activity.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you about what Welcome is but stopping paying for no reason above Welcome being a vile company will not solve things.

Edited by andie_303

there must be so much wrong doing here. i cannot belive how involved with each other they are...... god there must be so much serious fraud here

makes you wonder who you are really talking to huh??

Remember the person that had a call from Welcome and when I googled the number it was NU??

God knows how far this goes :confused:

There we are Mojo:

Statement of demands and needs

ICOBS 5.2.2

rule_icon.gif06/01/2008 (1) Prior to the conclusion of a contract, a firm must specify, in particular on the basis of information provided by the customer, the demands and the needs of that customer as well as the underlying reasons for any advice given to the customer on that policy.

(2) The details must be modulated according to the complexity of the policy proposed.

This details a demands & needs statement relevant to that individual customer, dtailing their actal demands & needs and their reasons for the advice given to THAT customer - not a generic 'one fits all' statement just describing the products and asking you to sign the bottom.

Nice one diply... hope it didnt scramble your head too much, you will no doubt be saying it in your sleep tonight.

When im back in work tomorrow ill post some more links for you, they have every bit of info relating to the consumer credit acts and FSA regs...its good to have for reference.

I found from this info that post 2006, if you have a credit agreement then you should receive a statement at least once per year.... if you dont then default charges and interest are void and you can actually put your account into dispute.

also the £25000 loan cap is now regulated by the FSA...i know i sound like im being a nerd but knowledge is power.

makes you wonder who you are really talking to huh??

Remember the person that had a call from Welcome and when I googled the number it was NU??

God knows how far this goes :confused:

your dead right andie, i got a letter from Nu refence info i discussed with direct group..... the good thing that may come from this is that there dishonesty, corruptness, none compliance and unwillingness to discuss OUR OWN accounts will be there downfall.

Doesn't quite work like that Ruby and I am a big advocate for Welcome reform but your statement is both highly dangerous and ill thought out.

There are people that COULD lose their houses if they stopped paying, people that have been trying to build up their credit rating that would be affected if they stopped paying.

Some people are not strong enough to send up to the threats and doorstep collector activity.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you about what Welcome is but stopping paying for no reason above Welcome being a vile company will not solve things.

I don't understand what you're saying here?? I made no mention of stopping paying Welcome. Neither did I mention anything that I would consider to be highly dangerous or ill thought out? did you perhaps mean to direct your comments at another user?

My post was as follows:

Well it's taken me 2 days, but I think I've now read most of this thread and I'm intrigued! Not to mention addicted. I don't pretend to understand a lot of it and obviously a lots on the qt - but its made for v interesting reading. I shall be glued to it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Ruby

your dead right andie, i got a letter from Nu refence info i discussed with direct group..... the good thing that may come from this is that there dishonesty, corruptness, none compliance and unwillingness to discuss OUR OWN accounts will be there downfall.

Yes Mojo you're right and again they are completely in each others pockets - NU know stuff about me I haven't told them and like to quote it in writing - they could only have the information from DG or Welcome.

The thing is you expect it from Welcome but Norwich Union?? That I think irritates me more than Welcome!

Yes Mojo you're right and again they are completely in each others pockets - NU know stuff about me I haven't told them and like to quote it in writing - they could only have the information from DG or Welcome.

The thing is you expect it from Welcome but Norwich Union?? That I think irritates me more than Welcome!

your right, norwich union are a houshold name and massive brand and you just dont expact it.... i wonder if they are changing there name and offloading staff because they could see what was coming..... i just hope they all get there just deserves.....

Nice one diply... hope it didnt scramble your head too much, you will no doubt be saying it in your sleep tonight.

When im back in work tomorrow ill post some more links for you, they have every bit of info relating to the consumer credit acts and FSA regs...its good to have for reference.

I found from this info that post 2006, if you have a credit agreement then you should receive a statement at least once per year.... if you dont then default charges and interest are void and you can actually put your account into dispute.

also the £25000 loan cap is now regulated by the FSA...i know i sound like im being a nerd but knowledge is power.

Nerd nothing, the pen is mightier and all that! On the side, if you have a link or anything for those statement regs I could be doing with that against rbs right about now ;)

Andie, I may have success with the scanner...

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi everyone,

Have you seen all the top names including Bruce Willis, Ringo Starr etc advertising the name change from NU to Aviva.

I wonder what they would say and do if they knew what was going on with NU at the moment.

Shall we tell them? ;)

Did not ring Welcome Compliance today but intend to pick up the phone tomorrow.

Nite all.

Voda

There we are Mojo:

Statement of demands and needs

ICOBS 5.2.2

rule_icon.gif06/01/2008 (1) Prior to the conclusion of a contract, a firm must specify, in particular on the basis of information provided by the customer, the demands and the needs of that customer as well as the underlying reasons for any advice given to the customer on that policy.

(2) The details must be modulated according to the complexity of the policy proposed.

This details a demands & needs statement relevant to that individual customer, dtailing their actal demands & needs and their reasons for the advice given to THAT customer - not a generic 'one fits all' statement just describing the products and asking you to sign the bottom.

Someone has been doing ALOT of reading. I downloaded the FSA handbook and its 154 pages:eek:!!!

Welldone Dipply, you are the BOMB!

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks