• Tweets

• Yes. They won't inform your employer but you may need to. You need to check what it says iin your employment contract. I don't think it usually causes huge problems for most people. HB
    • Good afternoon. I've read a few threads briefly regarding a dmp with stepchange and was 95% complete with setting one up when I noticed the advice of letting things default instead and/or managing a dmp yourself. My current situation is the following £470 owed to Jacamo. Has not defaulted. Currently on a £10 payment plan with them for 12 months. Not sure what to do here £2700 owed to Vanquis - Credit Card. Has not defaulted and I have not missed payments. I am unemployed and even making a £200 payment from my benefit means £80 odd gets eaten thanks to interest. Guessing I let this default and then set up a payment plan after? £2500 owed to Lowell who bought from Very and passed on to Overdales after I ignored them. Last payment to Lowell was 30th November 2022. Plan here was to fight them in small claims court if it ever gets that far, assuming the worst. Any advice is very much appreciated, thank you.
    • will they inform my employer and sack me?  
    • Ok, so they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?  
    • Not prison, no. That has never happened here. I think they can look back a year on their system and you'll have something like TiredDodo did when they were summoned to court. With a year's use, I'll be amazed if you don't have a court appearance. HB  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sol I am as confused as you about the whole thing, really need to do a separate welcome folder and book mark pages.

Its the way the maths is done on the agreement too. Peterbard explained it pages back, from around post 2000 and up.

Need to go back myself and have another go at working it out.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sol I've been told by a site team member agreement fee with interest is ok if written in your agreement in font that has the same size and prominence as all other t and c it's not ok if they have added it in before apr. I think the wilson case was like the 2nd example. however by my calculations which I will have to check the interest charged on mine is higher than that on my agreement. so as I have a final response from welcome and c case open with fos about this I'll prob just send to them

The more I read the less I know.

The less I know the more I read.

I am soooo lost now , I am gonna go back to cat 6 wiring diagrams , its less complicated :lol:

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

sol I've been told by a site team member agreement fee with interest is ok if written in your agreement in font that has the same size and prominence as all other t and c it's not ok if they have added it in before apr. I think the wilson case was like the 2nd example. however by my calculations which I will have to check the interest charged on mine is higher than that on my agreement. so as I have a final response from welcome and c case open with fos about this I'll prob just send to them

So how can we check if its been put in before the APR, Peter checked my agreement and said the apr is correct, I'm CONFUSED NOW :confused:

So how can we check if its been put in before the APR, Peter checked my agreement and said the apr is correct, I'm CONFUSED NOW :confused:

I am the same Sammy - Peter checked my APR and ok but welcome have definitely added the fee to advance (fee seperate on agreement) before calculating charge for interest and then added the fee onto this to get total charge for credit. I am then led to believe that the Total charge for credit and total credit is used to calculate APR. so welcome have added it in before calculating APR.

However welcome have written it in terms and conditions but to me it seems sneaky and underhand - anyway I have given up on this now as feel I don't understand it well enough to take it further at the minute :confused:

I am the same Sammy - Peter checked my APR and ok but welcome have definitely added the fee to advance (fee seperate on agreement) before calculating charge for interest and then added the fee onto this to get total charge for credit. I am then led to believe that the Total charge for credit and total credit is used to calculate APR. so welcome have added it in before calculating APR.

However welcome have written it in terms and conditions but to me it seems sneaky and underhand - anyway I have given up on this now as feel I don't understand it well enough to take it further at the minute :confused:

No this is not correct they will not added it in before calculating APR but they have added it in and it's subject to interest.

Interest charged OK as long as it's written on your agreement

Added before APR - not ok

Morning everyone,

This matter needs to be resolved as soon as possible so that everyone on here knows whether their agreement is enforceable or not .....:confused:

Whoops it seems that it has now as this thread is moving so fast !!!!

I will state that if there are any insults or sarcastic remarks made here against this person they will be moderated....there are many people on these forums who would give their body parts to get some 'inside' information...it has been known that some will give witness statements in support of claims...some will even risk the anger of an ex/current employer to come to the aid of the consumer....if this person sees insults and stupid comments made against them then that person may think why do I bother, and think that these consumers are just as bad as my ex employer...and just never bother coming on to CAG again......I have issues with Welcome too. Please be patient, and please think before you make irrelevant comments....

Did you really have to post this?

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

because of being on this thread i have re-visited an old car finance agreement that i am in court for in june. It is s long story but i wont bore you with the details just the facts, the reason i am going to court is to question the enforceability of the agreement when most of it is unlegible as its really badley printed off but its there best copy. But what i have found since has made me smile and i would like some feedback if possible. I took the finance over 48 months (4 yrs) and i specifically asked for no gap and on the bad copy of the agreement you can clearly see the option to purchas gap box, the word (NO) in bold capitalsThe agreement states that my payback term is 47 months x 213 plus one payment of £213 and i never questioned that as it totals 48 months. The finance company have sent me a statement in reply to my CCA showing £213 for insurance. that means that the term is 47 months and the gap is the last payment. Now as far as i can see i have been mis-sold gap as it does not mention it in the figures on the agreement and clearly states NO in the option to purchas box. if anybody has any thoughts or feedback on whether my assumption about unenforceability iscorrect, then i would be grateful.

No this is not correct they will not added it in before calculating APR but they have added it in and it's subject to interest.

Interest charged OK as long as it's written on your agreement

Added before APR - not ok

Thanks Andie :)

This is why I am not taking it further - I knew I didn't understand it properly because there is so much conflicting information but I think basically Peter has checked it and it is right and it is written in terms and conditions - so I will just have to focus on the insurance issue now :D

just read this on another thread....brilliant

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well that the farmer

had accidentally left uncovered. The animal cried piteously for

hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he

decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered

up anyway, so it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the animal.

He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all

grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first,

the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then,

to everyone's amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads

later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished

at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the

donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and

take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the

animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon,

everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge

of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick

to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the

deepest wells simply by not stopping, never giving up! Shake

it off and take a step up.

Now, most people think that's the end, but it isn't.

The donkey later came back and bit the sh!t out of the farmer

who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected,

and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

So the real moral from today's lesson?

When you do something wrong and try to cover your ass, it

always comes back to bite you.

just read this on another thread....brilliant

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well that the farmer

had accidentally left uncovered. The animal cried piteously for

hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he

decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered

up anyway, so it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the animal.

He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all

grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first,

the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then,

to everyone's amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads

later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished

at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the

donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and

take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the

animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon,

everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge

of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick

to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the

deepest wells simply by not stopping, never giving up! Shake

it off and take a step up.

Now, most people think that's the end, but it isn't.

The donkey later came back and bit the sh!t out of the farmer

who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected,

and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

So the real moral from today's lesson?

When you do something wrong and try to cover your ass, it

always comes back to bite you.

WELCOME, you take note of this as it will come back to bite you in the ass

i would like to put a note in now,

this thread has got some powerful people worried,

the site team has to take an interest and appear on the side lines for obviouse reasons.

at the end of the day, we are talking about a ftse 250 company,

billions of pounds and 5000 workers.

i myself hope they all rot but not very nice on goverment and economic figures, remember, prob an election next year.

there are quite a few agencies looking into welcome/cattles and some one has to bite the bullett.

this thread is so close to getting the answers in black and white , i can taste it,

when that happens, i, in person will give a copy tothe dpp, seriouse fraud, hell even herr brown himself.

there will be no cover up on this as the independant is waiting on the go signel.

i have nothing but respect for the advice from the site team, they have to look after every bodies interest as well as the site it self

be patient people

we are all most there

we allready have the evidence, its putting it togeather like a jigsaw

ONLY A FEW OF US REALY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENE,

AND WE HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE LAW BEFORE CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS

SUB JUD

RANT OVER AND MENY THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT

ran

Can someone please let us have again the formula to check APR.

Many thanks in advance.

As a general rule of thumb take the APR and divide by 2 this should give you roughly the base rate. You need to then multiply the base rate by the number of years you have borrowed the money over.

example

£5000 over 3 years @ 7.9% apr

7.9 divide by 2 = 3.95 x 3 = 11.85

£5000 x 11.85% = £592.50

So total repayable is £5592.50 divide by 36 monthy payments = £155.35

Hope this helps

As a general rule of thumb take the APR and divide by 2 this should give you roughly the base rate. You need to then multiply the base rate by the number of years you have borrowed the money over.

example

£5000 over 3 years @ 7.9% apr

7.9 divide by 2 = 3.95 x 3 = 11.85

£5000 x 11.85% = £592.50

So total repayable is £5592.50 divide by 36 monthy payments = £155.35

Hope this helps

Im even more confused now, this is EXACTLY why PPI is just so much more fun

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

morning all

i wonder if norwich union

sorry direct group and welcome will be phoning us today with our insurance questions

and perhaps just to put the ladies mind at ease at DG - I'm going to ask M&S how much they pay the factory that makes their jumpers :D:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks