Postal fraud help

Gismocat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just found out that someone signed in my name for my lovely chanel sunglasses on the 1st aug at 11:40am - amazing considering I was at work at that time and my MD is willing to confirm it! Chanel have asked for proof of my signature but I dont know what happens next as far as the courier are concerned...has anyone been in this situation before that can advise?

The bummer is they are replacements for a damaged pair and it took them 6 weeks to track a pair down!!!!

OK:)

a) In that case the courier could have left them with a neighbour. Is this possible? Maybe your neighbour just printed your name, knowing they were for you, but didn't sign their own name.

I've known of drivers who will get anybody to sign for things, (doesn't add to his round the next day you see!), and one driver would go right up the street just to offload them.

b) Your sig could be forged and the last person to have them would be the driver. Or somebody at the depot didn't load them onto his van and he didn't check that out at the time.

c) Chanel are lying.

d) You are lying. (Not saying you are but 'the other side' will no doubt consider this.:) )

d) Some other plausible reason.

Whatever, it is certain you have not received them and you have proof you could not have.

Get onto the courier company and Chanel to explain the situation.

I have a copy of the signature report from the deliveries that day which is clearly not my signature. I have spoken to my neighbours on the off chance that they signed for me and none of them were in during the day. DX Network Services will not deal with me as I am not the sender - Im not bothered about the insurance side as Chanel are sorting that out. However I am annoyed someone has clearly forged my signature - is it worth reporting it to the police?

Have you checked that the courier has not left them behind a bin or somewhere in your garden etc.

I had a courier deleivery that was signed for by me alledgely, after 2 days i found the package in my glass recyling bin round the back of my house.

Good job it wasnt bin day..lol

I will double check as some couriers do leave things in the garage but then they normally put a card through the door.

Yes do. Some couriers are just too put upon by their employers to have time to write out a note. Sounds crazy but it is fact. Or he/she was just too lazy.

Of course it can be reported to the police if it doesn't turn up as it is theft. Although I think it will be down to Chanel to report it or yourself if you are charged for it.

Just adding to how crap couriers are. Friend ordered a wii from amazon, whos T&C say all orders above £150 MUST be signed. The courier left it under a bush, with no notice, in the middle of chav land here in guildford. Had to talk him out of saying he didn't recieve it.

The only person who would sign would be someone from your house though? Otherwise the company should have left a card.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Just adding to how crap couriers are. Friend ordered a wii from amazon, whos T&C say all orders above £150 MUST be signed. The courier left it under a bush, with no notice, in the middle of chav land here in guildford. Had to talk him out of saying he didn't recieve it.

The only person who would sign would be someone from your house though? Otherwise the company should have left a card.

Agreed.

The driver doesn't want to take anything back to the depot as he will just have to call again the next day thus increasing his workload.

Although this is usually the fault of the courier company rather than the driver. If it is an employed driver, and non-deliveries build up, then somewhere along the line overtime will have to be paid and they are just so tight fisted.