Happy Christmas to everybody.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to have been the first to wish everyone great joy for the festive season - but it seems that Harrod's and Selfridge's have beaten me to it, as they have both opened their Christmas departments this week.

Just 138 shopping days to go!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Christmas to you too Alan

Bloody unbeleivable isnt it

Are you ready yet? pressies all sorted?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOL....not had my summer holiday yet!

I do tend to shop early though, although not this early.

Once back from France I will be gradually getting presents together - usually from ebay, or wherever I can find some good bargains.

A few years ago, I found myself in a packed ASDA at 6am - just two days before Christmas. I couldn't even find a space on their massive car park, and had to park in a nearby street. Of course, their trolleys are chipped - meaning the wheels lock when you try to take the trolley off the car park!!!

After that I vowed it would not happen again, and so I now also do my Christmas food shopping on line, and get the fresh fruit and veg from my local greengrocer. Much more civilised, and much less hassle.

Having said all that, last Christmas and New Year were much more relaxed, as we spent the time in a cottage in a rural French hamlet. Unfortunately we have other commitments this year so have to stay in the UK.

I do know that there are some people who do all their Christmas shopping during the January sales - indeed I remember Martin Lewis advocating that during one of his appearances on GMTV, where he was giving the prices of decorations etc.

On my part, by January I am usually broke!!

i've already seen Studio Cards adverts and an advert in a magazine for some monstrous porcelain Christmas tree ornament for god knows how much per month!

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

I love Christmas but only if it stays in December!!!

Christmas decorations out in August is rediculous. My Birthday is tomorrow and it's summer how can we think of Christmas this early?

alanfromderby - I liked your Millau bridge avatar better. We drove over it last summer (twice! we missed the viewing point turning!!!) Feels like your flying.

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

You can get me what you like, dear. I'm not fussy.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Dont give me that, i know what you were up to the other night in Hamil Road - Bloomin traitor!!!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

happy-new-year-2000.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Don't really do Christmas - I have the unfortunate birthday of Christmas Day so refuse to cook etc. Steak and chips is fine. Only get one pressie as well, tried to do a Queens birthday thing and have a 2nd one but no one would play:cry: Can't stand to see the tinselly stuff and other decs before December sooo not right, get fed up of Christmas before Halloween comes round.

Scrooge!

Don't really do Christmas - I have the unfortunate birthday of Christmas Day so refuse to cook etc. Steak and chips is fine. Only get one pressie as well, tried to do a Queens birthday thing and have a 2nd one but no one would play:cry: Can't stand to see the tinselly stuff and other decs before December sooo not right, get fed up of Christmas before Halloween comes round.

Scrooge!

Time to revive Crusher's Bah humbug! :evil: thread methinks?

Anyone I seem to touch my fairy fingers on - must be nice to fly through the bluebells, doesn't involve those fairy mushrooms I hope? Card - nooo, save the trees they need it, pressie, well me of course, and a nice little windfall, and a long life, and peace and luuurv to all - can I be ill now!!