• Tweets

• Post hidden as FOS Complaint showed your name.   Redact, check through and repost if you want it back up.
    • Will do   dont understand  “f there's little or nothing to do with the debt or CCJ, that in itself is important.” Narrative mentioned 6 x payments of £100  for payment plan but not £2.5k. many thanks in advance
    • bet it doesn't say WILL anything a dca has ZERO legal powers to take anyone to court esp if they don't OWN the debt i'e they state our client is XXXXX   only the owner of a debt can do court.   and as a dca is NOT a bailiff etc etc let them huff n puff.
    • read the letter in post 23 here  Payplan - Cover My Life & Cover My Payments - Debt Management Plan Companies - Consumer Action Group it explains how the 3/6yrs works straight from the ombudsman's mouth.    
    • Hi, Everyone was so helpful with my last issue I am hoping for a bit more advice.   About three years ago I had a regular window cleaner company but they starting playing around. Firstly by randomly turning up to do the windows earlier than expected then one time they opted to come round and climb over my fence to do the back windows whilst I was out.  Then the fun started as they claimed to have cleaned the windows on two separate occasions but it was apparent they hadn't (the birds mess on the kitchen window was the clue) and they tried to bill me for the clean.   After two occasions of not cleaning the windows I stopped the direct debit system they used (go cardless) as I refused to pay for something they hadn't done. Queue the various demands for payment which I ignored. They sent letters in the post asking for £60 and a year ago said if I didn't pay they'd send me to the debt collection agency.    Today, I get a letter from elite debt collection in Sunderland asking for £72 for the window cleaning company as they are now acting for them with the popular if I don't pay in 7 days it's off to court threat.   Firstly,  as there was no signed agreement in place with the window cleaner firm can the debt collector add a fee to the alleged debt? Secondly, can they just rush off to money claim and take me to small claims without a letter before action?   I'm quite happy to defend if they did as they didn't clean my windows no matter what random invoice they may have on their systems.   Thank you  
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

The MP's campaign-Responses

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4741 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you for your intervention and help, LL - and for the hard work you'll have to do whatever is decided! Sorry! :lol:

Mac ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, as I have stated all posts that have been removed have been stored HERE and not deleted.

There are 564 posts stored there, if all these posts were still on this thread it would be over 23 pages long. This would make this thread difficult if not impossible to control.

I understand your concerns regarding responses from MP's, I have disscused a possible solution with Macboy. We are open to suggestions, please feel free to impart your ideas. Thank you.

OK thanks

Phantom - your post (and the attached image) hasn't 'gone' anywhere - please read the threads above. It, along with all the others, is being stored pending a solution which myself and other are working on as I write this.

Please, everyone - try to appreciate that we are working hard to help, not to hinder members with this.

Thanks

Mac

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Phantom - your post (and the attached image) hasn't 'gone' anywhere - please read the threads above. It, along with all the others, is being stored pending a solution which myself and other are working on as I write this.

Please, everyone - try to appreciate that we are working hard to help, not to hinder members with this.

Thanks

Mac

Sorry, I did read it and I noted crfx concerns about finding specific ones in the archive or stored message thread, so I thought I may be able to help by sending directly

I wasn't being funny about it being "gone", I just wanted to offer assistance to crfx if he is trying to compile something and saving him some time. That's all:p

Phantom - no worries!

Mac ;)

Write to your MP and

Many thanks Macboy, my thread works now in my private messages so I can retrieve to my hearts content all the letters I lost when laptop fell to floor. Really appreciate all your efforts as this is a difficult thread to maintain and think if all the letters alone were transfered to a locked thread and our mumblings and grumblings in another x Jenny

whoops, thanks to Phantom and LL as well

speaking of meetings, wasn't something supposed to be happening at the OFT yesterday - or am I mistaken? Review of some sort? :confused:

Write to your MP and

It looks as though you're right on that crfx, so as usual our campaign(s) all take a back seat, ready to be forgotten, but we won't let them forget about us, we ALL have to make them sit up & listen.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oooohh brand new thread! Very swish!

It looks as though you're right on that crfx, so as usual our campaign(s) all take a back seat, ready to be forgotten, but we won't let them forget about us, we ALL have to make them sit up & listen.

Yep, trust the banks to screw it up.

MacBoy I don't know of anything that's sposed to be happening re the

OFT today except that Martin Lewis was due to meet them but he is

yet to post any news on it yet.

That's what it was. I think it was you who first mentioned it crfx - thanks - so I'm not losing it!

Interesting to know the outcome of that, though...

Write to your MP and

Interesting to know the outcome of that, though...

Yes I'm looking forward to hearing what they said. I did suggest that he

tried to get a meet with the FSA. With the precedent set by the OFT

agreeing to meet him the FSA might find it tough to say no.

Hi, received letter from Julie Morgan, MP for Cardiff North today - nothing exciting, just to tell me (and enclose) two, basically acknowledgement letters from Sophie Fluin FOS and Kirsty Taylor FSA and that she will let me know when she gets "a more substantive response".

Thanks, Smutley ;) Please make sure you let us know what the responses were, for crfx250's 'Template Watch' initiative :D

Write to your MP and

Hi MacBoy, yes I seem to remember reading that in September there would be a review or announcement from Lloyds saying they were opting out of the case with the OFT ??or something.

Also today I received replies from 'The Rt Hon Rhodri Morgan' and 'John Griffiths AM ' enclosing a copy of the letter Alistair Darling sent back to him in response to his!

I have been scanning all these letters before, am I allowed to do this now, only I am not very aufait with what you said about hosting image etc. Could you explain ??

to know how to host the image in your post and have the webspace available in which to host it (or an account with a site such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc.). PM me if you have any questions about this and I'll be happy to try and assist.

Thanks Olden yes I thought I recalled something, but I'm pretty sure it was the Martin Lewis thing that crfx mentioned. However, wasn't there also going to be a review of the whole arrangement some time about now?

Or am I completely out of touch and that has happened already? :lol:

Write to your MP and

Thread running nice and smoothly now I see. :)

• Haha 1

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

OK folks, stats time again!:

MP_Stats_2209.jpg

Again, not much change in the overall percentages, but a couple of changes

• Even taking into account their majority, Labour still appear at the moment to be the most responsive party. For the purposes of this exercise, Labour are split into 'Lab' and Lab Co-op'. However, this merely means that the latter group are also Labour MPs, but are sponsored by the Co-operative movement

• Tory responsiveness has improved slightly, even against an increase in Labour responses - a good thing, as they were looking sluggish

• The Lib Dems have now lost their 'virginity' (ahem) and their responses are starting to roll in

• My own MP shocked me to the core by not only responding, but actually taking some action - whew! :shock:

Health warning as usual - remember these stats are a bit of unbiased fun and some of them are based on tiny numbers/samples) :wink:

OK, so we've hit the 100 mark - good for us and well done to everyone!,

However, impressive a result though it is, it's still less than a sixth of all the 646 sitting Westminster MPs. We need to get cracking. Please consider what you can do to help increase our contacts - for example are you subscribed to threads where this hasn't come up in discussions yet?

Perhaps you could start a quick thread about it there, or consider UKLASS's initiative in er, 'borrowing' my 'write to your MP' link and adding it to her signature!

Let's get 'em all!

And PLEASE - write to your MP if you haven't done so already!

Write to your MP and