The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Sorry, for a minute I thought you had put Flydale and not Ryedale, made me think of a little blue box (oh how we could do with that at the moment).

keep up the good work, good to see that people are emailing and the MP's are responding. I have sent a follow up email to Andrew Duff MEP (he contacted me last week) he has read the email, just waiting on response.

ja-de and Mac,

Not putting any pressure on at all, just wondering. How up to date is the list in post 1?

Cheers

Muggy

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

Just had the following reply from office of Sajjad Karim

14th August 2007

Dear Mr

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact Mr Sajjad Karim MEP

regarding your concerns about the decision by the Office of Fair Trade to bring the matter of bank charges to a test case. Please allow me to take this opportunity to inform you that your concerns have been passed on to Mr Karim personally.

The Liberal Democrats believe that the enormous profits made by banks highlight the raw deal UK customers are getting from banks. The government's failure to get to grips in addressing banking system means that whilst banks boost their profit margins, many customers are getting deeper and deeper into debt. The rules adjoining charges are obscure and lacking transparency and banks are finding it less and less easy to justify such charges because they are not related to their cost.

The Cruickshank report which was released some time ago, identified the

unacceptable position of bank charges and consequently, the Liberal Democrats have recognised that the deeper problem is that the authorities are looking at the issue in a piece-meal manner and therefore the decision by the OFT is surely a step in the right direction. The Lib Dems also recognise the fact that there needs to be a comprehensive approach to bank charges.

A formal investigation into bank charges is supported by the Lib Dems, the Shadow Chancellor, Mr Vince Cable MP commented that he "strongly support(s) the OFT's sophisticated move to call the banks' bluff on the provision of so-called 'free' banking...with soaring profits seemingly unrelated to the standard of customer service, whether it be overdraft charges or cheque clearing times, it is essential that this investigation forces transparency into the market. The banks must not be allowed to abuse their position."

Although your concerns are of course taken very seriously, the decision by the FTO to launch a full investigation is clearly a positive measure to ensure that such unfair charges cease to be justifiable under legal auspices.

Many thanks again for contacting us and kind regards

Lucy Pickles

Casework Assistant to Sajjad Karim MEP

:madgrin:

First of all a big thank you to DestinyofSouls (and Jenny) who originally put in a lot of effort (and perhaps justifiably) feels a little agrieved.

Livelylad and Macboy keep up the goodwork.

I have written a 3 page letter (using part of DoS,s) excellent input to

my MP of Bromsgrove,Worcestershire - Mrs Julie Kirkbride dated the 3rd August. This was posted to the Conservative association,Bromsgrove as I believe Parliament is in recess.

I have also signed the charter,but do not agree with the agreement of £5.

I have e-mailed Mr Gordon Brown.

Leech

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Just had the following reply from office of Sajjad Karim

14th August 2007

Dear Mr

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact Mr Sajjad Karim MEP

regarding your concerns about the decision by the Office of Fair Trade to bring the matter of bank charges to a test case. Please allow me to take this opportunity to inform you that your concerns have been passed on to Mr Karim personally.

The Liberal Democrats believe that the enormous profits made by banks highlight the raw deal UK customers are getting from banks. The government's failure to get to grips in addressing banking system means that whilst banks boost their profit margins, many customers are getting deeper and deeper into debt. The rules adjoining charges are obscure and lacking transparency and banks are finding it less and less easy to justify such charges because they are not related to their cost.

The Cruickshank report which was released some time ago, identified the

unacceptable position of bank charges and consequently, the Liberal Democrats have recognised that the deeper problem is that the authorities are looking at the issue in a piece-meal manner and therefore the decision by the OFT is surely a step in the right direction. The Lib Dems also recognise the fact that there needs to be a comprehensive approach to bank charges.

A formal investigation into bank charges is supported by the Lib Dems, the Shadow Chancellor, Mr Vince Cable MP commented that he "strongly support(s) the OFT's sophisticated move to call the banks' bluff on the provision of so-called 'free' banking...with soaring profits seemingly unrelated to the standard of customer service, whether it be overdraft charges or cheque clearing times, it is essential that this investigation forces transparency into the market. The banks must not be allowed to abuse their position."

Although your concerns are of course taken very seriously, the decision by the FTO to launch a full investigation is clearly a positive measure to ensure that such unfair charges cease to be justifiable under legal auspices.

Many thanks again for contacting us and kind regards

Lucy Pickles

Casework Assistant to Sajjad Karim MEP

Hi ICY,

check with MacBoy, but I think that we have seen this sort of reply before. I think that there is also a response somewhere that points out that we also support a test case but that it is the inequities of the FSA waiver that we are trying to put right.

Cheers.

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

First of all a big thank you to DestinyofSouls (and Jenny) who originally put in a lot of effort (and perhaps justifiably) feels a little agrieved.

Livelylad and Macboy keep up the goodwork.

Leech

Do I not do anything on this thread then???

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ja-de,

It couldn't exist without you!

• Haha 1

Thanks muggyno1, it's nice to be appreciated by some.

This is a one time reminder for all:

Please take note that is my name at the top of this thread, & I started it together with MacBoy.

DOS did create the template letter, of which everyone are very grateful, but can we please get back to the matter in hand & stop this mindless bickering. Please remember we are all supposed to be adults, & are all working to get these banks from taking all our money with these Penalty charges.

We apologise in advance If by any chance your post is removed, but I have to remind you that we have to keep trimming it down & only keep the important posts.

Thank You ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks muggyno1, it's nice to be appreciated by some.

This is a one time reminder for all:

Please take note that is my name at the top of this thread, & I started it together with MacBoy.

DOS did create the template letter, of which everyone are very grateful, but can we please get back to the matter in hand & stop this mindless bickering. Please remember we are all supposed to be adults, & are all working to get these banks from taking all our money with these Penalty charges.

We apologise in advance If by any chance your post is removed, but I have to remind you that we have to keep trimming it down & only keep the important posts.

Thank You ja-de

Yeh Yeh Yeh This is MY name ..yada yada yada I'm the headmistress and you will do as I say. This is the most important thing I have ever been allowed to do in my life !!!

Here you are, another post for you to delete-- ENJOY!!

Oh and If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!:lol:

I didnt realise there was "mindless bickering" going on? We are just giving credit where credits due.

...and my dad's bigger than your dad...:p

if this post has helped you in any way, then tipping my scales is the least of your worries...!

LOL xx

Whoa everyone! This is an important thread and a great campaign.

Thanks to everyone on it, everyone who has contributed to it, the people that started it and the people that work their socks off to maintain it.

Is that OK now? can we please move on?

Whoa everyone! This is an important thread and a great campaign.

Thanks to everyone on it, everyone who has contributed to it, the people that started it and the people that work their socks off to maintain it.

Is that OK now? can we please move on?

...but my dad is still bigger than yours, and I think my dog barks louder than yours...

[awaits deletion...]

[awaits total b******ing by mods etc]

[awaits the OFT test case verdict]

[is unsure which will come first - but hopes the latter!]

Oh and EMAIL YOUR MP!!!! See somewhere on here for how!

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I find all this pointless one up manship rather sad. Imagine for one moment if everyone was as protective of "their" idea,template,letter,post or advice. Where would we be?

There are many members who go unnoticed quietly posting day in day out offering advice/ideas etc without any fuss about where the advice/idea etc came from.

I only know what I know because of this site, my thanks to those people who I have gained and still gain knowledge from I show in posting to help others. Massaging ego's does no good, enjoy in the knowledge that you have helped others.

Pay it back.

...but my dad is still bigger than yours, and I think my dog barks louder than yours...

[awaits deletion...]

[awaits total b******ing by mods etc]

[awaits the OFT test case verdict]

[is unsure which will come first - but hopes the latter!]

Oh and EMAIL YOUR MP!!!! See somewhere on here for how!

Who'd have thougth this thread could be sooooooo entertaining!!!! ;) ;)

NOT me for one!!! :p

NOTICE TO ALL

I will be removing posts that are not required anymore, I shall leave posts that provide links to contact sites for MP's. If you have a post removed you WILL recieve a Cagbot message, this is a standard message. Should you wish any post to stay please inform me via Pm before Weds morning. Thank you.

No need to bump the thread its a stickie. ;)

I learn something new everyday.

Thank you I am still learning my way around

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales