The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

***Received this from one of my MEP’s******, at least they are responding, even if they cannot help, they at least point you in the right direction.

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your e-mail

I understand and sympathise with what you have said but unfortunately as an MEP I do not have any jurisdiction as to what happens in this country, but, I strongly advise you to make contact with your MP and Local Office of Fair trading and state your case. You can contact the Office of Fair Trading on [email protected] or your MP who is Angela Smith MP, Constituency House, Cornwallis House, Howard Chase, Basildon, SS14 3BB or [email protected] or [email protected]

Best wishes

Tom

Tom Wise

UK Independence Party MEP for the Eastern Region

Also, the emails I sent to Angela Smith Labour MP for Basildon from both me and my husband, have been read by her office, just waiting to see now if she is personally given the emails or whether they have been filed under “B”.

When we send a complaint to the OFT regarding the waiver, can someone point me in the right direction as to what letter we are sending them. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great everyone, lets keep it up, try and post this thread on every reply you to in all your subscribed threads. Bet the banks and FSA/OFT didnt bank on this happening, great to see us Brits know how to stick together

• Haha 1

Dr. Evan Harris, MP for Oxford West and Abingdon. E-mailed today.

Cheers.

Muggy

• Haha 1

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

Thanks Muggy - Have some rep from me!

Muggy is first off the block today for us - Glad: thanks very much to you also, for writing to Geraldine Smith - the more the merrier obviously but she's already marked on my tracker, so won't help lift today's total unfortunately!

Come on folks - get writing to those MPs! :D :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Thanks ICY - we've ticked off Slippery Phil earlier but keep his surgery busy! ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Not very good progress so far today guys :( We've only added one net new MP to the list so far today.

Let's hope the evening brings some more activity :D

47 of 646 MPs!

Write to your MP and

Come on Peeps!

One thing I would add though, is although the MEPs can't do anything as such for us, at least they have the decency to reply pretty quickly!

I think the MEP thing should still be done - after all it costs nothing, and sooner or later one of them is going to bring the Human Rights issue up, or mention in passing to a fellow MEP about this, and then they will becaome interested, and then they will speak to their party MP friends, and so it goes on and on.

So don't give up guys - hit your MP, MEP and friendly Lord with a quick email - after all, you pay their wages!

Give 'em 'ell!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Baviaanuk - any chance you can get it scanned and mailed over to me? If so I'll send you a PM with an email address. It would be a great motivator to everyone who's slogging away on this - and getting little in the way of support and encouragement from the administrators or moderators of this site.

Write to your MP and

Baviaanuk - any chance you can get it scanned and mailed over to me? If so I'll send you a PM with an email address. It would be a great motivator to everyone who's slogging away on this - and getting little in the way of support and encouragement from the administrators or moderators of this site.

Sure thing, am at work right now but will scan and send to you as soon as I am home.

• Haha 1

Destiny

I'm become quite concerned for you!!! :o Why ????

I will be on tonight and lets see if we can get nos up!!!!;-)

I can only stay on here till around 6pm.

I think the picture says it all. Where are all the other members, MOds, Rockers? Skinheads, etccc.

I put this up on M Lewis's site. NOT ONE! NOT ONE has bothered.

Some people on this thread are doing a bl***y marvellous job!

I just don't understand we we are not getting the 'joining togehter of like minded souls' :rolleyes:

Guest amethystdragon

Just had a reply from Geraldine Smith's assistant - seems very hopeful

Thank you for your e-mail to Geraldine about the FSA's stance in allowing the big seven banks to apply for stays in court proceedings concerned with the reclaiming of bank charges and yet still make exorbitant charges. Geraldine will reply to you by letter in due course.

She likes to get her teeth into stuff like this does our Geraldine :D